UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Doofy idea- make the Wing collector's edition a callback to the old Beez sets with the Gundam Universe Wing Gundam figure in a window on thr front.

The double standards if something was in Wales people would be livid. I see double standards between Scotland and Wales and it drives me crazy.
Old post I know

But I would love to go to wales for a film festival and thanks to these comments I now know there is one

Wales is a lovely place to visit, I'd love to know (please tag the,) who these Anime Fans are who say they wont visit Wales to watch anime, Because they're missing out on some really nice roads and rail network.

And I'm from the south west england, but it costs nowhere near £400 to get to Scotland and back

Never understand why companies bother to include posters if they are folded. I know its down to storage but no one is going to display folded posters.

The folds in the poster look especially bad given it’s a dark scene. :( Still looking forward to the set though.

Never understand why companies bother to include posters if they are folded. I know its down to storage but no one is going to display folded posters.
Cinemas always used to display posters folded. Very rare quad posters were sent to them rolled. Bigger posters even came in more than one part.

Folded posters don't look nice. Admittedly I'm kind of a snob on this subject* but it brings back memories of clumsily putting up free ones that came with comics and magazines. These days I like a nice, framed, smooth sheet.

*"Just on THIS subject?" I hear you cry.

Thanks for the replies. Guess I should have asked that question weeks earlier, because mine also got dispatched a bit earlier 😅

Regarding Tamako Market and Tamako Love Story, seeing as Hanabee only released the former, I wonder if Anime Limited will do one of the following things, as they'll be releasing both together:
  • Use Hanabee's masters for Tamako Market and Sentai's masters for Tamako Love Story
  • Use Sentai's masters for both of them for consistency
  • Author it from scratch for both of them

no one is going to display folded posters.
it brings back memories of clumsily putting up free ones that came with comics and magazines.
I... still do that. I have all the posters that came in the original DVD releases of S.A.C up on one wall. The folds don't really bother me, or at least I prefer slightly flawed pictures to blank wall. And without the hassle and expense of framing.

I also feel AL is using posters as an extra too much it was great 18 months ago with ASV esp as they were an extra to their store (and sent in tubes) but now all their CEs in Q2/3 have posters for TV shows. I love Ballroom I don’t want a poster of it though.

I feel like the posters (in some cases) are being used to make up for their being less content to offer otherwise. With Silver Spoon for example, there isn't an artbook or anything so they probably feel it's too little content to just give art cards and the discs. I guess offering a poster also makes use of more art they have to hand.

Back