UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I always felt Funi licencing for the UK and segregating releases was a scummy move to begin with but now this. Time to keep an eye on other companies Funi releases and see if there is a trend here

Well revelation they first did with a deal with that ended then Manga that also then ended in 2014 then AL 2015-17 then Sony 18 now Manga again late 18 - present. So basically they have screwed most UK companies over

Well revelation they first did with a deal with that ended then Manga that also then ended in 2014 then AL 2015-17 then Sony 18 now Manga again late 19- present. So basically they have screwed most UK companies over
They first had a deal with MVM and then released through Revelation who bought a share of the company at the time.

I'm no legal expert but I am wondering if there is anything (outside of involved costs) from stopping any AL, Manga etc from grabbing a license of an old show themselves and releasing their own versions without a Funi dub?

Yes FUNimation these days buy all english language rights most of the time. But dubs are usually the JP licensors anyway which is why we can get FMP IV and Tokyo Ghoul from the JP licenses with the dub eventually so if AL get in first which i guess happened with those they can buy UK rights but most of the time like MHA ,AoT, FUNi seem to buy all english language rights.

Back