UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Gundam Unicorn complete collection, all of 00 on Blu-ray and Gundam AGE announced for US.

That middle one...I need it in the UK.

Seriously. Everything will be perfect if we can get 00 on Blu-ray here.

That's great! 00 was obvious, but a collection of the Unicorn OVAs so my inability to pay £100 for a singe OVA won't, one day, rob me of watching them properly? Hooray! (if they get released here, obviously.) AGE is also good to hear, for complitionist sake if nothing else (though it, along with Victory Gundam and the Build Fighters shows, are the only Gundam shows I haven't actually watched yet, so I can't actually comment on its quality, or lack there of.)

So to sum up, let's keep those fingers crossed for more Gundam releases here soon...

A quality Steins;Gate movie release without subtitle issues would be great, Funis release has mistranslated names. For example, Luka, which is used in the series and the games is Ruka in the film.

But it's consistent with the spelling in the TV series. If they'd changed it for the movie it would have *issed me off more! Incidentally, I watched the AU disc last week. It's a fun movie.

For example, Luka, which is used in the series and the games is Ruka in the film.

Well that's kind of a subjective preference, although if the original creators specifically intended for the name to be read and written in a certain way in English, then that's a safer bet of course. Translators don't always have that information available to them unfortunately. Personally, given that I know basic Japanese, I tend to dislike overly liberal translations if there's a clear divide between what's being said and the subtitles. It can work depending on the show though, namely comedy ones for example.

They don't publish for FUNimation in the UK anymore. Any FUNi titles yet to be releaased are just leftover from their previous arrangement.

So unless AL can get rights to Overlord S2 directly from JP (which I bet CR already grabbed the UK home rights) then the people to release it will be whoever FUNixCR end up dealing with when that time comes in 2-3 years.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for a AL release.

Don't worry, I'm a pessimist by nature.

If Overlord S2 ends up being a Crunchyroll release that gets imported, it should still look consistent with the S1 release from AL since that was a copy of the US set. I'm assuming that Funimation will try and be consistent with their S1 spine even if they do release S2 together with Crunchyroll in the US.

If Overlord S2 ends up being a Crunchyroll release that gets imported, it should still look consistent with the S1 release from AL since that was a copy of the US set. I'm assuming that Funimation will try and be consistent with their S1 spine even if they do release S2 together with Crunchyroll in the US.

But artcards outside the box.

Soooooo I'm abit late to the party. But flicked through about some of the your name comments? What's the deal? Was going pickup the Sainsbury's one. Do is there anything wrong with them?

Soooooo I'm abit late to the party. But flicked through about some of the your name comments? What's the deal? Was going pickup the Sainsbury's one. Do is there anything wrong with them?

Basically the encode they received from Madman was pretty bad and this won't be fixed with a new one for retail discs until later batches. You can apparently get a replacement from them if you've bought the original disc.

We did an article about the issues that should help summarise for you: Anime Limited Issue Statement on Your Name Issues

I've heard rumblings that there's audio issues with both DVD and BD too, but I personally didn't notice with our DVD screener (although my sound system is not that great, so it's likely it just only shows up on decent setups)

Joshawott made a post regarding the Audio.

Regarding Your Name's audio, @thedoctor2016 posted this in the Discord and not really understanding it myself, I forwarded it to my older brother, who's a musician and general audiophile. His response was as follows:

"The left and right channels aren't synced and they lag differently at different points, causing weird phasing issues that will make it sound weird, thin, and hollowed out."

When asking for his personal opinion, he was very negative. So it'd be interesting to see what verdicts are made when the audio is put under greater scrutiny. I believe this lines up with what @Mangaranga experienced?

Of course, I'll be judging by ear as a casual when my copy arrives next week too.

So should of hold of until it's sorted? As dunno how.long Sainsbury's will have it

As Andrew said they won't be doing a proper replacement scheme so the only way to get a re-authored disc is to send your disc back to them so if you want to get the sainsburys exclusive set you're best getting it now while you can.

Back