UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I think that's a good point, it may be worth revisiting in a few years time when the install base is higher and access to 4k is cheaper. I suspect the next generation of consoles will dictate how popular 4K becomes.

Plus so far every single Ultra HD Blu-ray title has been a UHDBD + BD + Digital Download, which does help customers if they still want access to a BD version or digital download. Of course AL don't have to go through the hassle of a digital download.

Plus so far every single Ultra HD Blu-ray title has been a UHDBD + BD + Digital Download, which does help customers if they still want access to a BD version or digital download. Of course AL don't have to go through the hassle of a digital download.
If you ask me, AL should just cancel the BD release entirely and keep it screening theatrically indefinitely.

If you ask me, AL should just cancel the BD release entirely and keep it screening theatrically indefinitely.
I hope that's a joke O_O cinema's offer a far inferior experience to home viewing on a half decent setup & you only have to put up with the people you want!

As much as it doesn't really make up for it, I do believe they've promised an Early Bird.
Yeah I saw that, while I'm sure it will help some people I can't imagine it will drop to a price I'd be willing to pay as I assume it'll be £35 and I'm not willing to pay over £30 for it.

I just can't justify paying Japanese prices for a movie I haven't seen with a load of extras I can't actually watch/read. Some unexpected expenses popping up didn't exactly help either.

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"Your Name - Collectors Edition (Blu-ray + DVD)"
Estimated arrival date: November 06 2017

I bet his dreams are extremely loud and above 85 decibels. Noise above 85 decibels is harmful.

The IMAX levels were quite high: Leq (average RMS level over the entire length of the movie plus trailers) = 105.0 dBZ (flat), 88.9 dBA, 103.8 dBC; Lmax (maximum 1-second RMS level) = 122.6 dBZ; L10 (level exceeded 10% of the time) = 108.8 dBZ; L50 (level exceeded 50% of the time) = 94.3 dBZ. The average was nearly 4 dB above reference level (85 dBA). That isn’t as bad as other movies I’ve measured recently, but it felt brutal because the low frequencies were so high. Usually, there’s about a 10 dB difference between dBC/dBZ and dBA, but it was more like 15 dB in this case because of all the low-frequency energy from explosions and such.
http://www.avsforum.com/dunkirk-imax-70mm-film-dolby-cinema-digital/

The inside of Christopher Nolan's head is one of the 4 UK venues capable of IMAX 15/70mm.
The museum near me removed their 15/70 protector, so disappointed!
Everyone calls it that despite being used in Transformers Revenge of the Fallen the year before.

No doubt Inception annoyingly popularised its use in trailers though.
The horn in Inception is just Non Je ne Regrette Rien slowed down, so at least it's use was creative and in-theme with the film as opposed to the trend that followed of "fog horns are cool, chuck 'em in the trailer!" :p

Back