UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I just realised that I have yet to receive my Fullmetal Alchemist Ultimate Edition certificate from Zavvi. Last I remember, the most recent update promised mid-December.

At least you're only waiting for the certificate I'm still waiting for my set to be dispatched by Zavvi, likelihood of seeing g it before xmas- unlikely

Escaflowne Replacement discs will not be handled until next year (when the standard edition of the series is released)... understandable but bloody frustrating.

Yep - will be handled in January - which isn't a million miles to wait and again it's frustrating for us too :).

Best,

AP

Did they state if they are mastering the discs themselves, or copying funimation discs?

Same discs as Funimation, makes more sense and meant we could focus on spend on the amazing slew of physical extras the set got (which as far as I can tell are more than any other English release). Hope that helps :).

Best,

AP

Seeing as Grav asked whether there was updates to certain titles, has there been any movement on Sound Euphonium at all? Whether it be release date/window or even release format (singles set/part/extras). Absolutely love love love the show and I'm super eager to purchase the series to the point that even Pony US's ridiculously stupid and obnoxiously large cases with pixelated artwork are becoming appealing...

Wow, a complete-series set for T&B?! How many discs is the Aussie version?

I shall still stubbornly keep my fingers crossed for a future UK re-release, though. (And hope Andrew is reading this... ;))
You could also buy the series as a complete Blu-ray box from Japan ;)
Just saying... I ended up doing just that.

If you're willing to pay for us all to take that option sure. Unil then, maybe we shall wait for a more affordable option :)
Hey! I never said I'd finance purchases. I was merely stating that it was a valid alternative.

It's NOT the same discs as the UK release. I actually had the first two parts back in the day and it was ENG/JAP only, most likely because Kaze opted to shove 7 episodes on a BD25. I'll echo the comment about avoiding Kaze though. Viz's discs actually work fine with Region B players. If you press Top Menu when the region lock screen comes up you'll get taken to the disc menu and everything works as normal. Both half sets seem to go quite low in price on Amazon.com every so often.

Nine BDs?! Bloody hell. I take it that's because it was originally released in nine separate volumes in Japan?
That's correct. The BD Box has the episode on 4 discs though. Ignoring the AU release as I know nothing about it you have:
- JP Singles - Sub only, 9 discs. No OP/ED lyrics.
- JP BD Box - Sub and Dub, 4 BD50 discs for episodes and many, many more of extras (BDs and CDs), No OP/ED Lyrics. No signs track.
- Viz US releases - Sub and Dub, 4 BD50 discs total. Has OP/ED lyrics but no separate signs/songs track for the dub. Incorrect brightness.
- Kaze UK releases - sub and dub, 4 BD25 discs total. No OP/ED lyrics. No signs track? Kaze.

Last edited:
Back