UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Sentai is US though and certainly not the chosen one :(
TFW you realise Eureka Seven and Death Parade might be getting yellow subs.
hbikk.gif

Both Death Parade and Eureka Seven will very likely be the Funimation masters.

Escaflowne was a special case because it was sorted out first in the UK before Funimation even had theirs.

Both Death Parade and Eureka Seven will very likely be the Funimation masters.

Escaflowne was a special case because it was sorted out first in the UK before Funimation even had theirs.

People would rather Funimation's bastardised credits than yellow subtitles? That seems backwards to me.

People would rather Funimation's bastardised credits than yellow subtitles? That seems backwards to me.
For me yeah. I read the subtitles for the entirety of the show, I don't watch the credits (or at least I don't pay attention to them as they roll, except maybe the first time). I guess in a perfect world we would all get what we want, can't please everyone sadly.

*Just to be clear, something like yellow subs aren't going to stop me buying something, I'd just prefer they were white, so more of a disappointment than an actual issue.

Last edited:
We work to a high standard of QC and have done for sometime, but occasionally something slips through especially when you're dealing with a release of that magnitude especially during the busiest season of the year. It's neither poor work or QC when one or two instances sneak through though - but it is unfortunate so apologies if it's upset your viewing experience :(.

Feel free to send us a direct message or email via our website with any more instances and we'll happily examine though!

Best,

AP

The entirety of episode 9 has wrongly encoded subs, so not exactly a little thing sneaking in. Tiny and on the middle left of the screen.

B3JYxr0.jpg

Ah well.

The entirety of episode 9 has wrongly encoded subs, so not exactly a little thing sneaking in. Tiny and on the middle left of the screen.

B3JYxr0.jpg

Ah well.
Oh ffs, how the hell did that happen? And how the &^$% was it missed? Utterly embarrassing tbh.

I hope they do something about that as this can put me off buying....

Last edited:

B3JYxr0.jpg

Ah well.

I love the assumption but I'm afraid, having checked our check discs from authoring this is something that did sneak in for the final build it would seem. The initial discs we have don't have that so it must have been on the final compile something went wrong - easily fixed and we'll swap that out for anyone impacted come the standard edition in Q1 as that simply isn't meant to be there :).

Also - you should probably note that despite the (fair enough) negative attitude collectively - I took the time out at past midnight and in under 2 hours from it being flagged (well past working hours) to check it out and make sure a fix is in place so nobody who spent good money on this is impacted. Not the kind of activity you see many people in charge of the whole company doing I think...

Night all!

AP

Ha, that's pretty crazy, though Escaflowne is one of the shows I'd watch with the original dub for nosalgia's sake, so even if I could afford the set I wouldn't have noticed! (same goes for most Gundam shows, Outlaw Star and the original FMA, for the record... which just proves that Anime Limited have good taste :p)

Back