UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Only if I can have spinning flaming skulls randomly added on-screen too.
I challenge you to do a singalong subtitle track just like that for an opening or closing anime episode. The skull can bounce from syllable to syllable :p or even better, the head of the AL panda. It'd be fun and educational!

Payment has also been taken for my ultimate edition with Zavvi. It still says processing on the page rather than awaiting dispatch, but still one step closer to it arriving! :D

Just saw and read it Andrew. My Escaflowne will probably arrive later this week, and then i'll take the necessary steps to get the replacement disc.

Must say, great that there will be a replacement disc, i know some other companies wouldn't even bother with it. And i understand this must be a frustrating experience.

I have to offer my praise for Andrew for being so quick to address and sort a resolution for this. Obviously, it occurring wasn't ideal for either party, but this kind of quick action really does reflect positively on the company and people involved.

I agree with others that as someone who paid for the FMA UE from AllTheAnime as soon as it went up on the store that I'll be alittle peeved that those from Zavvi might get their copies as much as a week earlier or more.

A Certificate could have been sent out later if thats the only reason for delay.

I agree with others that as someone who paid for the FMA UE from AllTheAnime as soon as it went up on the store that I'll be alittle peeved that those from Zavvi might get their copies as much as a week earlier or more.
When addressing Outlaw Star's release moving forward in their latest podcast, Anime Limited noted that retailers only hold stock before sending it out for a limited time (two weeks or so), maybe it's a similar situation here? Or is it solely down to Zavvi sending out the certificates later?

Was about to prep an email requesting an Escaflowne replacement disc when I received one from Jeremy, stating I don't need to action anything. Fantastic service, ladies and gentlemen. In a perfect world mistakes such as these wouldn't happen, but whatever — I can't open the thing until New Years anyway, aha.

When addressing Outlaw Star's release moving forward in their latest podcast, Anime Limited noted that retailers only hold stock before sending it out for a limited time (two weeks or so), maybe it's a similar situation here? Or is it solely down to Zavvi sending out the certificates later?

Zavvi would of only just got the FMA UEs if they are preparing for dispatch. We've been told we're getting it soon in general so I can't imagine Zavvi would have to hold it for more than 2 weeks for it to match up with the general release from AL.

I don't really mind if people get something earlier than me, though I might be frustrated if I'm getting it late. I'm certainly not likely to complain when I'm the one getting something early, so I don't think it's really fair to complain if other people are (unless it's especially time sensitive for some reason).

Zavvi are their own company and Anime Limited probably can't entirely stop them from doing their own thing (like with Outlaw Star). I'd imagine it's probably somewhat frustrating for Anime Limited too (especially when they're kind of supposed to be working together).

with the news of Zavvi dispatching FMA:UE. Can we get a timescale for AL's dispatch?
I'm fairly confident that they said the plan was to ship by the end of next week, though I'm not sure it's in writing anywhere (it might have been on the last podcast).

Also - you should probably note that despite the (fair enough) negative attitude collectively - I took the time out at past midnight and in under 2 hours from it being flagged (well past working hours) to check it out and make sure a fix is in place so nobody who spent good money on this is impacted. Not the kind of activity you see many people in charge of the whole company doing I think...
It's probably worth remembering that there are likely to be many people who are generally positive but keeping quiet. I suppose it can also be difficult to find something truly positive to say when talking about a problem.

The fact that you actually care about what you produce is appreciated, even when things go wrong (perhaps especially when things go wrong).

Yup - I just wanted to agree with the above re. positive attitude, but keeping quiet. Personally I loved the product, and it continues to bowl me over in terms of the level you guys go to address even small issues. Above and beyond.

I kind of feel like I'm increasingly in the minority of non-perfectionist fans who still buy physical product. If there's a small error or something - sure, it sucks, but to me the show itself is always the most important thing, and small errors usually won't dent my enjoyment of that. Recently so much of conversation seems to be dominated by 'oh, that's missing / x thing on the cover isn't right / oh the spine is wrong / oh the subs are the wrong colour, font, size etc' - I feel like I'm in some completely different world where to be honest, once I've watched a show, I don't usually think about the case ever again unless I watch the show again a year down the line. It just feels a little alienating at times.

Back