Anime lets downs

heres a let down from a few years ago.

watching Lupin III castle of Cagliostro (or how ever its spelt and yes i know Miyazaki.) then buying b4 watching, Lupin III "the persuit of Harimao's treasure" and "the secret of Twilight Gemini."

these are also the the two anime that made me cry with disgust

Pomtry wrote:
The ending of samurai champloo again the ending was rushed and the series ended when it shouldnt off.

hmm i get what you mean it did feel like an abrupt ending. maybe i just dont like to see good anime finish.

but i sometimes get the feeling that like with manga, some anime series just have their funding pulled. for example i think it was shonen jumps shaman king. the artist got told by the publishers "ok we want you to round up all the story lines and finish the manga for next week." (hope i got the right manga)

as much as we like to think anime is driven by good stories and artwork. its not. Samurai Champloo has always had the bigger fan base out side of japan. so maybe fuji-television just turned down an option for a third season to make more money off of cheaper TV (fake off, junk sports and the love bus.)

but these are just the musings of an old man and cant back anything up apart from I DON'T LIKE TO SEE GOOD ANIME FINISH

Pomtry said:
The ending of samurai champloo again the ending was rushed and the series ended when it shouldnt off. The last fighting scene wasnt as great as it should of been aswell
I felt the whole series was dragged out. However, I felt the ending was more of a cop-out than rushed.

Maxon said:
Pomtry said:
The ending of samurai champloo again the ending was rushed and the series ended when it shouldnt off. The last fighting scene wasnt as great as it should of been aswell
I felt the whole series was dragged out. However, I felt the ending was more of a cop-out than rushed.

I loved Samurai Champloo, but I do agree that taking so long to get to the end felt that it was rushed due to it being crammed into 1 ep when we are used to drawn out fights

X/1999

My sister got it for a cheap price at Virgin and I was excited because I heard alot of great things about the X franchise and since it was made by Clamp, I thought this can't be bad, right?

Well, yes, it did.

Cliche storyline.

No reason to give me any emotion to the characters.

Lack of plot development.

And for an anime that was made in 1996, it hasn't aged well.

Not to mention, the worst english dub cast NOT licensed by 4Kids!!!

:evil:

McIcy said:
Maxon said:
Pomtry said:

I loved Samurai Champloo, but I do agree that taking so long to get to the end felt that it was rushed due to it being crammed into 1 ep when we are used to drawn out fights

I love every episode of it till the last one and the fighting scenes are satisfying.... It's very sad that they didn't stick together as my expectation.... but I hope there is another season of it even though there will never be.... hmmff....

Id have to say Gantz, one of my favourite animes off all time untill I saw the end, it goes off on more than just a right angle compleatly skrews up the u turn and ends off spinning off into the oblivion leaving us none the wiser as to what actualy happend, well worth a watch still just dont be to disapointed when you actually see the ending 8)

Pretty much all of Welcome to the NHK was a let down for me, after being a huge fan of the manga I thought the anime was terrible, badly animated, badly adapted, mind you thats pretty much what GONZO does, f*cks good manga up.

Which is why I'm worried about what'll happen to Bokurano

Ugh, yeah same here, the Bokurano manga is a masterpiece as far as I'm concerned, allthough the GONZO adaptation hasn't started to suck just yet, im pretty sure its only a matter of time, especially once its starts to get deeper into the story, theres definetly some stuff they'll be cutting out of the story.

It's all been good... so far.

We heard you the first time dear. :D I agree somewhat but theres something lacking about the anime in my opinion, somethings just not right, I think its that it should be way more atmospheric than its currently being, but we shall see in the coming episodes no doubt.

If they leave an open ending it's all good... but Gonzo usually likes to make their own endings, hi2u Hellsing and Gantz.

Lupus Inu said:
but Gonzo usually likes to make their own endings, hi2u Hellsing
The Gonzo ending was meh as hell but at least it didn't go where the manga did. The whole nazi thing is *pfft!* The animation in the Gonzo version was pretty stiff as well. Best thing about it was the soundtrack which I still listen to actually.

I wish they would have kept World Without Logos as the theme for the OAV series.

Yeah, I'd prefer if they left it open-ended, it would be quite frustrating but not as bad as some crappy made up one I guess. I just don't understand why they don't wait till a manga is finished to make an adaptation of it, or at least talk to the mangaka and let them tell them how to end it. But I suppose its all money money money and is about getting a anime out there while the manga is still popular and in people's minds.

And don't get me started on the GantZ adaptation, if they ever have classes on 'How to make a bad adaptation' then GantZ should be required watching.

Trigun - Everyone raved about it and i found it so unfunny and too stupid to warrant me continuing to watch it. I got up to about episode 7 but i've heard it gets better as it goes along.

End of Eva - meh

Spriggan - It started off so well but i felt it lost momentum half way through and i just lost hope in it.

Escaflowne - i guess animation is key, some people don't like Gilgamesh because the animation is a little different (the ending of that let me down, but i loved the animation) and it was the same for me with this i just couldn't bare Escaflowne's animation, the noses just put me off. Silly reason but it got on my nerves so much.

Bleach - I just thought it wasn't as good compared to the manga, which i read first. Fight scenes are lass though.

Back