Anime DVD's without English subtitles.....

Do you/Would you buy imported original dvd's without english subtitles?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ninja Boy!

Thousand Master
i was just wondering, has anyone here own anime dvd's without english subs,??
meaning, that these could either be original R2 japanese versions, or R3, versions?
(also do any of you regularly buy these types of imported dvd's?)

if so why?
just a random thought, on one of my boring days, hehe.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
i will start of then.
the only anime dvd's i own in this case are the limited edition versions of Tenjho Tenge (LE vol1, LE vol2, LE vol3)

why?
well, i already owned these on fansubs and i couldnt wait to own the origninals. then i heard the UK versions were comming out much later (this was way back) and i didnt like the english versions dvd's for some reasons.
then when i came accross these, i was suprised and bought them. they are really cool, they come each in a colelctible box, each has a different big poster (i think A3 size) and comes with a small figure/gashapon.
i just really liked the content, and also it was much cheaper. so i am still owning the originals in some way.
also these are some nice collectibles for me.
here is a pic of them
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g245/Ninja-Boy-ftw/DSCN1782.jpg
i hope to get the rest of them very soon.

Yes. I have and am currently collecting many series from Japan which do not have English subtitles.

Most of the time it is to show my appreciation of a particular show, to get some of the extras and first press editions and because I am often unsure whether and when it will come to the UK. (I would rather support the anime companies in Japan than in America :)).

Another reason is to get some experimental/OVA titles and sample those, such as Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan. If such an OVA looks like they will be fun I will take a chance and have a look at them.

Gawyn said:
Most of the time it is to show my appreciation of a particular show, to get some of the extras and first press editions and because I am often unsure whether and when it will come to the UK.

i agree with you on that :eek:
thats why i love thse tenjho tenge LE dvd's. becuase so far these are not available anywhere else, not even Japan, lol these are the LE Hong Kong versions.

Gawyn said:
Another reason is to get some experimental/OVA titles and sample those, such as Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan. If such an OVA looks like they will be fun I will take a chance and have a look at them.

does that mean you understand japanese properly, or just buying for a taste of what the show will be like?

any more people with their views on this subject?

Funnily enough as I don't speak japanese and I wish to support a growing industry in my nation I don't buy dvds in japan that I can never fully enjoy anyway. :0 So no.

I bought Advent Children without english subs, so I downloaded a notepad file with all the lines, printed it off, & made my own paper subtitles.

WIN. XD

I havn't bought any as yes, not having enough money may be one issue as Mangaminx said, but also the fact i don't speak Japanese, lol. But i think if there was something i really wanted that wasn't going to ever get a release anywhere else, or some special edition then i might consider it

Back