Anime cliches

Heroes, having never used guns before always managing to pull off impossible shots, usually only needing one bullet.

Then the flipside -

A huge gang of disposable bad guys shooting shed loads of automatic fire at a hero stood perfectly still out in the open, and missing with every shot.

Pomtry said:
When the character is out fighting then gets owned and it starts rain for some time to show all of the characters determination and hopes are shattered.

And also, that mushroom cloud that comes out their mouth when they sigh. >_>

Okay here's another one. To-be couples being in relationship limbo for ridiculous amounts of time. Do I even need to mention any examples?

Ushio said:
Lupus Inu said:
Ark said:
Do I even need to mention any examples?
Go right ahead, englighten us all. [Seriously.]
Tenchi Muyo, Love Hina and pretty much any other harem anime you could think if...

I didn't think the Love hina manga was that bad in this respect and certainly not by comparison to the series. I'm not sure how this applies to Tench Muyo though. Is there actually a mutual attraction between two characters in Tenchi Muyo?

Anyway I think the worst offender has to be Maison Ikkoku. At 96 eps long they only get together in the last 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ushio said:
Lupus Inu said:
Ark said:
Do I even need to mention any examples?
Go right ahead, englighten us all. [Seriously.]
Tenchi Muyo, Love Hina and pretty much any other harem anime you could think if...

I don't see how it can apply to Tenchi Muyo when basically Tenchi rejects any advances by the girls and treats them as family rather than potential lovers.

Want anime cliches? Just watch the first few episodes of Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou Tou.

The mysterious transfer student character
The angry guy who you know is only rude because he cares
The big and goofy person with a heart of gold
The quiet and shy girl who goes round speaking in a whisper
The quiet girls angry friend who spends most of her time yelling at anyone who rude to the quiet and shy girl

Jax said:
The quiet girls angry friend who spends most of her time yelling at anyone who rude to the quiet and shy girl
... Isn't that the cast of Patlabor and Police Academy?

hopeful_monster said:
Jax said:
... Isn't that the cast of Patlabor and Police Academy?

and evangelion ¬_¬

Ark said:
Anyway I think the worst offender has to be Maison Ikkoku. At 96 eps long they only get together in the last 4.
Heh, I was sure that was going to be Belldandy and K1.

skikes said:
and evangelion ¬_¬
No characters have a heart of gold in Eva. They have hearts of angst and self-loathing.

Favourite anime cliche - the catchphrases that Kyoani come up with. Uguu~

Last edited by a moderator:
Back