Anime All-Nighter @ Sci-fi London

I finished work at 5, absolutely knackered as usual - needless to say I'll be getting an early night tonight before catching the train in the morning. It's a great line-up so I'm really looking forward to it. :)

Got work in the afternnon and have then got to get down there. It's 10.30am and I'm already knackerd! It's going to be tough to stay awake! :lol:

Only trouble is that one of my party's pulled out so I've a spare ticket I need to get a refund on or flog to a straggler. If you see anyone running around like mad asking people if they want a ticket, then that'll most likely be me! :eek:

If you see a bespectacled twenty-something guy with shoulder length hair looking like a half-asleep loner that'll be me. :p I'll keep my eyes open for you though.

I must admit my journey wasn't too bad - currently posting from an internet cafe near cafe manga after three hours on a train!

Just got back from this. It was fun, but fanboys do get on my nerves, after the 5 hour mark it starts to wear on your nerves a bit when you hear them talk pointless trash. I don't want to offend if it was anybody on here, but shut up you fools! :evil: (I didn't start up with anyone about it at least...)

The last film was deathly dull (Place Promised in Our Early Days), but apart from that it ws cool! :)

I'm sleepy and cranky and I'm sliding all over the keyboard. I can add more info if people want to know more later when I'm not feeling like a zombie...

Ushio said:
Just got back from this. It was fun, but fanboys do get on my nerves, after the 5 hour mark it starts to wear on your nerves a bit when you hear them talk pointless trash. I don't want to offend if it was anybody on here, but shut up you fools! :evil: (I didn't start up with anyone about it at least...)

The last film was deathly dull (Place Promised in Our Early Days), but apart from that it ws cool! :)

I'm sleepy and cranky and I'm sliding all over the keyboard. I can add more info if people want to know more later when I'm not feeling like a zombie...

I know how you feel man lol

Yeah, it was a bit annoying when people started talking or laughing unecessarily loudly. Fortunately most people waited until the intervals to talk (thank heavens for the free coffee and snacks, even if chilli ice cream is an absolute abomination to the senses).

I'll be blogging the evening more fully later but in summary Voices of a Distant Star was great, GitS2: Innocence was spectacular (if a bit heavy on the philosophical quotes at times), Karas looked great but was damned confusing and Advent Children would have been a cracking bore had the visuals not been so eye-wateringly good.

I was impressed by Places Promised in our Early Days more than anything actually, although the seriousness of the finale was offset a bit by some guy a couple of rows behind snoring like there was no tomorrow! :shock:

The Apollo was a good venue (sort out the air conditioning, dammit!) and if the line-up is anywhere near as good as this one I'll definitely go again next year. I'm now paying the price of 33 hours without sleep...

Back