Animax - Bunch of Jokers

Rui said:
Since you just want to cancel and they benefit from ignoring you, I'd try another browser - Firefox is being excessively cautious about certain types of secured websites since its last update and the last thing you want is to be billed more than necessary while they get the required updates sorted out on their site.

R
That only relates to sites that are using SSLv3 where in this case it's stating that the sites security certificate has been revoked (I'd doubt that it's an expiration issue since normally a browser would allow an exception to be added for them unless things have changed).

demonix said:
That only relates to sites that are using SSLv3 where in this case it's stating that the sites security certificate has been revoked (I'd doubt that it's an expiration issue since normally a browser would allow an exception to be added for them unless things have changed).

It told me it expired next December 15th when I checked earlier, which sounds to me like they're trying to fix it and have a new one issued but something isn't configured correctly. Or they're just a bunch of jokers ^^;

R

NormanicGrav said:
Just read a post about a UKAN user who tried to cancel their subscription but had Animax pretty much preventing him from doing so.

Long story short - Animax removed the Cancel option from customers who paid subscriptions so that they don't feel cheated.

Wow, that's pretty horrendous - even the concept that they lock you into the first six months is pretty iffy. Slightly hiding away the 'cancel' option is unfortunately fairly common practice in services like this these days, but you should always at least have the option to cancel - you should never have to wait until a certain date. If they're that desperate for money they have to resort to things like this, they're going about their business model the wrong way.

That must be illegal. Clearly it never occurred to them that actually making their service worth paying for is the best way to get people to give them money not effectively holding people to ransom :roll:

Some Animax anime is to be shown on TV. The Sky music channel Scuzz (Channel 367) will be showing anime on Thursday nights at 22.00, starting with Mardock Scramble.

Source

I'm quite interested in this latest development - is this essentially a replacement for what was shown on the Sony channel, or a new branching out? I gather that Scuzz TV is actually owned by Sony? Also, is this something designed to sit alongside the Animax streaming service - or is this potentially a long-term development that might eventually replace the service if it ends up failing?

Seeing they were a metal channel though, it did remind me of the old Manga titles that had metal over the trailer reels.

Still, anime on proper telly - goodtimes.

Decided to watch Tokyo Ghoul Root A,but towards the end of the first episode it just abruptly ends.Turns out the first episode has been slightly cut short and it doesn't help that it's a major plot point that's cut(I youtubed the scene afterwards).so I tried the second episode and there was a noticeable delay with the audio,so bollocks to it I'm just gonna wait for the BD(also episode 12 isn't even up yet)I really don't know why I'm paying the same price as crunchyroll for bugger all of the quality.

Oh, I wondered why the first episode had no ending credits and just sort of ended. Didn't realise it had actually been cut - and they still haven't fixed it? I wanted to watch Tokyo Ghoul s2 but one (heavily delayed) episode on Animax was enough to convince me to wait for a proper release -_-

R

Have you tried informing them? They have fixed stuff for me before (although in the case of Nura, which had been broken since AoD, that created new problems and I just gave up...)

I've contacted them at least twice via social media regarding episode 7 of Tokyo Ghoul √A ,as it was never made available for free users, and I haven't had a response yet.

They seem to do that with one episode of most shows; they're too slow to put things up then too quick to remove them, and don't seem to understand or care when this kind of haphazard scheduling means entire episodes are never available to viewers who don't want to pay for delaycasts. It's just pathetic. Both the 'free' and the 'simulcasts' parts of their descriptions are lies.

R

They are terrible getting in contact with. I wanted to cancel with them but no matter what i did i couldn't log in as it kept saying thy had no permission. I contacted them for abot 2 months on both FB an twitter. In the end i had to go through a proxy server just to be able to log in and not once have they got back to me.

This happened about 6 months ago.

Back