An interesting thing happened today...

If i need to wait about in the city, i will read manga in public since i'm not really bothered what people think of it. I've seen a couple others read some manga as well in public, but not seen anyone watch any anime on a laptop though.

Mightysor said:
I always read manga in school in the libary and some people think im weird but I dont care.

Good on you; It's funny how the people who rip on others for doing something are usually the low-lives who'll end up spraying your car down or bagging your shopping.

Charvers >_>

Hyaku said:
Mightysor said:
I always read manga in school in the libary and some people think im weird but I dont care.

Good on you; It's funny how the people who rip on others for doing something are usually the low-lives who'll end up spraying your car down or bagging your shopping.

Charvers >_>

Very true.

I quite often read manga on the train to brighton and at work. My manager at work mocks me for reading children's comics but i have found several colleagues reading my newtype magazine when i have left it out by accident!

mbygons said:
I quite often read manga on the train to brighton and at work. My manager at work mocks me for reading children's comics but i have found several colleagues reading my newtype magazine when i have left it out by accident!

It's irresistible :D

Was in Waterstone in Wimbledon at the weekend and there was a crowd around the manga section, I had to push people to one side in order to see the books.

Best bit has to be an old woman 70's and her daughter 40's looking through them

last year in college i remember saving up around 4 or 5 unread manga's, and i would read it during my horrific 3 and a half hour break in the library.....used to do it every week...was fun until i ran out of mangas to read -_-

i also used to read them so blatantly infront of the teachers in class....they never said a word...odd....so i carried on...some more lol.

i'm like a lot of the folks here, who gives a damn of what others think..do what you like to do.
speaking of which, it puzzles me...why does reading manga in public seem like some kind of taboo these days?

Ninja Boy! said:
last year in college i remember saving up around 4 or 5 unread manga's, and i would read it during my horrific 3 and a half hour break in the library.....used to do it every week...was fun until i ran out of mangas to read -_-

i also used to read them so blatantly infront of the teachers in class....they never said a word...odd....so i carried on...some more lol.

i'm like a lot of the folks here, who gives a damn of what others think..do what you like to do.
speaking of which, it puzzles me...why does reading manga in public seem like some kind of taboo these days?

Probably because some people (especially this country) rip on you for doing things which wouldn't be considered 'normal' by certain people.

For example in my school, in the earlier years, doing anything which seperated you from the herd basically meant you were viewed as an outcast and a 'weirdo' because you weren't into tagging bustops, and beating up people for fags. :lol:

One guy in my school got his ass kicked one night and they jacked his saxophone and banged it up real bad. Felt sorry for the guy.

adamcube said:
lmc87 said:
I'm considering buying a video mp3 player to play some episodes between class but i dont know if it supports certain formats.

Your best bet for formats at the moment is the Creative Vision M, or some random Korean myriad of technology.

It's difficult, though.

It is, most of the stuff is .ogg and .mkv format that supports two language files and subtitles but i'm struggling to find a player that plays them and converting the files to .avi is just way too much bother for what its worth.

everytime i go to this anime store, their staff looks at me in a weird way... i really can't figure out why.... is it because i should look like a certain sterotype to buy manga in their store? don't think so..... and why death note 1-4 is not on their shelves

naya_lulu said:
everytime i go to this anime store, their staff looks at me in a weird way... i really can't figure out why.... is it because i should look like a certain sterotype to buy manga in their store? don't think so..... and why death note 1-4 is not on their shelves

The guy in Forbidden Planet, when I went downstairs, was doing Beetlegeuse impressions, it was so ******* funny. :lol:

Yeah, he didn't care about anything, just was friendly to the people.

Just got a text from one of my mates asking me to suggest a manga for her to try, as far as I am concerned this is an amazing thing, she's never been interested in it before

Hmm, I don't read manga (or watch anime) when I'm out in public - no real reason, just usually have other stuff to do.
I've also only ever seen one person watching anime in public, on a train between Bath and Bristol. And the wierdest thing about that was that I didn't recognize the anime :shock: ...

i havent seen anyone yet in any of the public transport reading manga or doing anything which has got to do with anime.

but to all the people who does, let me advice this to you... check the cover of the manga before glueing it to your eyes.. so it was like this. i went to forbidden planet in shaftesbury ave. then bought some mangas. while in the train, i tend to read the mangas i bought bec i just cant wait to read them. so when i was in the train, and i was reading the manga, the people opposite me were staring at the manga. then i thought "what? havent u seen a manga yet?" then the obaachan infront of me looked at me like i was some kind of creepy member of a nudist colony. after a few stops, i checked the time. by doing this, i ended up closing the manga and caught a glimpse of the manga's cover. it was naru narusegawa and co. in their bikinis. oh yeah, naru's butt occupied half of the page. :shock: :shock: :shock:

An interesting happened today coz...

I've just realized that I converted 4 of my friends into an anime fan.

First was my bff (she watches studio ghibis) then I introduced her bleach and Ouran high. When she got sick, she broke my record of watching them in about 2 1/2 days.

Second is my friend/classmate who loves watching Korean dramas. I introduce her fruits basket. She bought the two volumes on a Friday and just this Monday I just learned that she bought the two vol. DVDs of it.

Third and Fourth are my 2 friends who I introduce Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien coz I told them I got depressed for a week after I've watch it last year. So they did watch it and very happy with the story and they also cried. The next thing I know they are telling me to watch Ichigo 100% which on my things to watch list.

hmmm... very interesting day today.... I feel I did a good deed spreading anime and not keeping it only to myself.

Anyway, someone should post "Consequences of Anime"

Hyaku said:
naya_lulu said:

The guy in Forbidden Planet, when I went downstairs, was doing Beetlegeuse impressions, it was so ******* funny. :lol:

u need to remember thats 90% of the people who work in these stores spend 90% of their time compairing Kirk to Picard while we compaire Naruto to DBZ :D

Ryo Chan said:
Hyaku said:
naya_lulu said:

u need to remember thats 90% of the people who work in these stores spend 90% of their time compairing Kirk to Picard while we compaire Naruto to DBZ :D

Pfftt, Kirk is 100x better, errrr... I mean... yeah. :lol:

Back