AMECON 2008

chaos said:
meet you guys there =) first time going to a convention in the UK, I don't have the slightest idea of what I should expect from it. I was actually considering cosplaying, but the way things are right now, I guess the only fitting cosply would be as Chouji... =P

Doesn't matter what you look like trust me, I have cosplayed as Bass (DOA) and Shusui (Bleach 8th Captain) and this time I will be going as Asuma (Naruto) I do it for the love of it, plus its a great way to meet people

I was just kidding. Truth is,I have no idea where to start with.... I know I should choose a character I like , so the experience is more enjoyable, but I really can't think of anything. I might just get me a kimono and wear it around... :)

chaos said:
I was just kidding. Truth is,I have no idea where to start with.... I know I should choose a character I like , so the experience is more enjoyable, but I really can't think of anything. I might just get me a kimono and wear it around... :)
One hear of some one who went to a con wearing a suit but not cosplaying as anyone in particular and about half a dozen people came asking who he was cosplaying as. Some even 'knew' who he was.

hopeful_monster said:
chaos said:
One hear of some one who went to a con wearing a suit but not cosplaying as anyone in particular and about half a dozen people came asking who he was cosplaying as. Some even 'knew' who he was.

Sometimes the really basic outfits are the best and suits are brilliant for this, plus you can wear it to the ball on sunday night.

McIcy said:
hopeful_monster said:
chaos said:

Sometimes the really basic outfits are the best and suits are brilliant for this, plus you can wear it to the ball on sunday night.
I'm not staying for sunday night, couldn't get monday off... =(
Well, suit it is them, I'm thinking where can I get me a cane and a top hat... maybe a monocle as well...

chaos said:
McIcy said:
hopeful_monster said:
chaos said:

I'm not staying for sunday night, couldn't get monday off... =(
Well, suit it is them, I'm thinking where can I get me a cane and a top hat... maybe a monocle as well...

Same here I am only there friday morning til sunday as I have to work monday but I will be there late sunday as its only about an hour drive home

McIcy said:
...I'm not staying for sunday night, couldn't get monday off... =(

Same here I am only there friday morning til sunday as I have to work monday but I will be there late sunday as its only about an hour drive home[/quote]Too bad, anyway, meet you there then. It's getting closer =D

How are we going to organise the meet up? May need to swap numbers as countn't find inter net access last time. Another suggestion is to met up for a meal as last time failed to eat on saturday and not much was open on Sunday. It may help me get some nutition (other than chocolate covered coffee beans and irn bru).

Added Hopeful and McIcy to msn (hope you don't mind) - talk to you soon. I'm goign by myself, so if you guys don't mind hanging around I could use some company =)

no worries dude always happy to have another msn buddy.

Not sure about a meal meet up as not sure what is on when and it might co-incide with an event I wanna go to.

I'm in Nixon court apparently, will be there really early on the friday at 8-9am due to travel times, I really can't wait now, spent the last 2 days working on my Asuma cosplay only minor bits left to go.

hopeful_monster said:
Guess i should load up a version of MSN. Haven't used it for over 5yrs
no worries... I don't really use msn, I use one of the alternatives that gives you every possible IM existent on the face of the earth (and a few more).

I want to buy a top hat and one of those fancy ties... I think that would go nicely with my jacket....

Back