Aliens vs. Predator

Genkina Hito

映画男!!!
The original PC game was scary because it channelled the claustrophobia and fear that the original films had. The cramped environments, sound-effects and the aesthetics were all faithful to the film. Even when you knew something bad was going to happen (marine kidnapped – go get her - chest burster)it still terrified. The first two Alien films are bona-fide classics and the games are too.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_NtpnNjh3jI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_NtpnNjh3jI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

So the new AvP game is going to be released soon and I was wondering if any of you are looking forward to it or still play the original two. I’m anticipating this especially with Lance Henriksen on-board!

I played the 2nd original waay back and had alot of fun with it. I've always been a fan of the AvP world I even managed to read a graphic novel or two before they became like super rare, but as much as I want to get this game it could turn out crap but we'll see.

I had the first one but never found the second, I loved it although i couldn't play on it anymore after i moved up to XP, for some reason there was serious lag and it crashed more times then i can care to remember. Still i've been looking forward to this one.

I have positive memories about the 'original' Aliens Vs Predator*, but the funk is that Rebellion have sucked ever since, and given that the original itself is available on Steam for less than a pint of something worth having (well, except Milk), I'm waiting for the reviews to promise me this thing grants immortality before actually buying it.

Remakes are iffy territory, and I just think this one is too soon. And I also don't place much hope on a company that awards exclusive multiplayer maps to a single retailer.

edit: oh, and no respect for anyone who releases any remake slap bang in the middle of Christmas Two, when there are so many new games coming out to lay instead.

*scare quotes because of the Jaguar game which noone played or cares about.

I feel I should be excited about this, but it just seems a bit meh. Especially after we were promised that awesome looking Colonial Marines game with four player co-op. :(

The Predator character is just naff, I just want me a game focusing on the Aliens vs Marines.

kupocake said:
I have positive memories about the 'original' Aliens Vs Predator*, but the funk is that Rebellion have sucked ever since,

Edge magazine have been sounding some warnings about the various builds they have seen but I still have faith…

Anyway, I want a console AvP FPS so I can hit reset at scary moments without having to worry too much about the OS :lol: .

So there's a demo out for Steam, XBL and PSN(?)

I gave it a spin, it's a free for all game type with all three species involved, I was an Alien, it was really chaotic, not exactly balanced either but it was some good mindless fun. Not sure if it's a strong enough experience to warrant a purchase, the game type itself seems more likely to turn people away than attract them. Should have had a solid team death match instead of this free for all. Any reviews for this yet at all?

We still play the original AVP game on link up at our LAN Events, one of the best multiplayer games for weapons and game modes, especially starting as a face hugger and having to work your way up to Queen by eating the marines.

I just hope that the new version keeps the Dock Loader as an option for Multiplayer games

Back