ADV UK offer free anime downloads

jeremy1985

Kiznaiver
Acording to ADV Fims UK latest newsletter, ADV Films, and Arts Alliance Media (AAM), a leading provider of digital film distribution services in Europe, have joined forces to offer brand new and classic anime for Download To Rent and Download To Own, available to the public from 21st May 2007.

"New shows that will never get a UK DVD release such as Air Gear, Chance Pop Session and Comic Party Revolution and existing show titles Jinki: Extend and Gilgamesh, with features such as Parasite Dolls and Lady Death, and advance releases of new titles like the revamped action classic Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor are available."

"To celebrate we are making the first episode of these shows free to download."
<a href="http://www.vizumi.com/anime/">Click here to go to the download page.</a>
Simply sign up, install the download manager, download the episodes, and enjoy the anime.&nbsp;
NOTE - At the moment the service will not work on Apple OSX because it don&rsquo;t support Windows Digital Rights Management. Until this situation changes, Mac users could try running Windows under Bootcamp or Parellels as an alternative solution.
<a href="http://www.vizumi.com/about/FAQ.aspx">Click here for the FAQ section of this service.</a>
Source: ADV UK Newsletter

Oooooh Super High Quality and High Quality. . .I wonder the difference.

I would download these, but i really can't be bothered. How long are these free downloads free for then.

The free offer is open for the next 3 months according to ADV UK's May newsletter.

As far as quality goes, SHQ is apparently equivalent to DVD quality whereas HQ is not quite as good. Basically, for the sake of 50p if you ae renting one rather than viewing one of the freebies, it is probably worth going for the SHQ one unless you have a severe problem with bandwidth. Their servers seem to be fairly tolerant with good high bandwidths for the downloads so retrieving files is not much of a hassel.

2 movies are on there, which I didnt think they would be because its non-continuous, therefor doesnt get people to buy the rest.

Brilliant, something for me to watch at ork, I just have to hope the firewalls don't stop the downloads from working

WTFDaveMustaine said:
jeremy1985 said:
Simply sign up, install the download manager ...
And that's where it lost me.

Basically you need to sign up to use this serivce (register).
Once you've done that, you need to install a certain program that the website will give you before you can download and view the anime.

Once you've done that, then you can download the episodes.

If you go to the download link i supplied, and register, all the information is there. (it's not a complicated as it seems).

I would download the episodes, but i've only got a mac.
That's one of the reasons i posted that last bit about having to run it on pc.
So that no one else had to find out like i did. (after you've signed and your about to download the program)

Sorry i didn't mean that I didn't understand. Meant that i'm not willing to install a download manager just to see a couple of free shows.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Sorry i didn't mean that I didn't understand. Meant that i'm not willing to install a download manager just to see a couple of free shows.

gottcha, not worry. lol

i can understand what you mean.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Im of the same opinion there, call it laziness or just not wanting more crappy programs on my computer.

The download manager put me off too. Every other download manager I've ever had has set my spyware software into meltdown, and come bundled with all kinds of other useless crap.

Seeing as I can't see any good reason to have to have one (WWE.com offers free downloadable video protected by DRM and you don't need any extra software), I'm passing.

Given up, I thought i could get pass the annoyance of the Download Manager. Plus if i did finally get around it probably wouldn't install due to this limited account.

I'd rather have Air Gear on DVD...

It's fine while it's free as I can check out series I may want to buy, but beyond that I'm not interested in it being a replacement to DVDs.

Air Gear is a series that needs to be seen on a TV. That is the only way it can be appricated.

Downlaod only is a gib. I really wanted Air Gear R2 DVDs to watch.

I will have a word with Hugh David the next time I see him.

Downloaded manager, sent activation e-mail, downloaded Air Gear, Parasite Doll's, Lady Death, and Jinki. Each one look about 2-3hrs for about 1 and a half hours to two hours worth. The free stuff comes in about youtube size vids, but are watchable at full screen. Only gripe is the lack of signs only subs and the ability to buy (still rental only at the mo).

Air Gear was a waste of toei's time as half the time it was censored badly and at least a third of the censorship stuck on the dvds so all in all it was a fantastic waste of a good licence.

Just do Del Ray UK a favour and get the Manga.

I downloaded Jinki earlier and am part way through watching it. I thought it was odd that you needed to install a download manager to do so. Still, there didn't appear to be any spyware installed with it, so that's not a problem. Video quality is reasonable, not DVD quality but no worse than the average fansub, the only problem I have with it is with the lack of sign subs.

My major gripe is that whilst the download expires after seven days, once you start watching you only have 48 hrs to watch the rest, which could be extremely annoying for a bundle of five episodes. Nonetheless, this is a good way of previewing a series you're unsure about, as its a lot more convenient than renting online through the likes of Lovefilm. Talking of Lovefilm, this stuff is all available for download there too, although they're not offering any freebies like Vizumi are.

Back