ADV license Kanon 2006!

Nyu

Pokémon Master
Anime on DVD reports (link to the forums) that ADV announced in Anime Weekend Atlanta they have licensed the Kanon 2006 series.

Finally one of my favourite shows from last year is getting licensed. I will be buying this for the sub, shame it will have to be imported from the states. This is one show i will not wait another year or two for.

Ooooh finally, a release for Kanon, excellent i'll be picking it up, definitely a favourite of mine. Now i just need to wait for the DVD releases =/

This pleases Maxon greatly. You can tell because Maxon is talking in the third person.
CitizenGeek said:
Isn't Kannon just some silly moe/romance anime?
To an extent yes. However, there is some good dialogue and character interaction.

CitizenGeek said:
Nyu said:
CitizenGeek said:
Meh.

You could say that, but i'd disagree.

Well then, I think I'll stay far away ^_^

I haven't seen the '06 one but the original was penetratingly offensive to every part of my mind. Although I really have only myself to blame as its nature was fairly obvious from the outset.

CitizenGeek said:
Um, well, it's a dating game adaptation. So... moe; yes, romance; yes, as well as comedy and drama.

I'm certainly glad it's licensed, now I just hope it sells well enough that they don't regret doing so ^^;

Ramadahl said:
CitizenGeek said:
Um, well, it's a dating game adaptation. So... moe; yes, romance; yes, as well as comedy and drama.

I'm certainly glad it's licensed, now I just hope it sells well enough that they don't regret doing so ^^;

Well, if it's moe I really hope it fails in a most spectacular way ^_^

CitizenGeek said:

Your missing out on SOME good anime's if you just dust them off because the characters are designed in a so-called Moe way. I wouldn't be able to speak on Kanon '06 Since I haven't seen it, But I haven't really heard a bad word about it.

I hope it does well. The anime industry can never be big enough, And if this sells well, A bigger title might come along and etc.

CitizenGeek said:
Ramadahl said:
CitizenGeek said:

That sounds like one of my online friends. He'll hate anything if it's moe.

If the anime has a decent cast or plot, then I don't see what's wrong with adding some moe-ness to the mix. And come on; at least it's not Lucky Star.

Jayme said:
Your missing out on SOME good anime's if you just dust them off because the characters are designed in a so-called Moe way.

...... like what?

I hope it does well. The anime industry can never be big enough, And if this sells well, A bigger title might come along and etc.

If this sells very well, then we'll start seeing more and more moe crap and less and less genuinely good anime. Watching anime because there are characters that are absurdly "cute", sexualised and helpless in it, when there are great movies like Tekkonkinkreet that they could be watching just seems like some great injustice to me.

Ramadahl said:
CitizenGeek said:
o_O there's something wrong with moe? Please enlighten me ^^;

Well, if that's what you like, then I won't even try to change your mind. The reason I don't like moe is because it's mindless, unoriginal dross most of the time.

CitizenGeek said:
Well, if that's what you like, then I won't even try to change your mind. The reason I don't like moe is because it's mindless, unoriginal dross most of the time.
Um, it's not what I'm into at all. I just wondered why you seemed so vehemently against it. Personally, I just ignore it and judge a series on it's own merits rather than focusing on something as peripheral as moe character designs.

Ramadahl said:
CitizenGeek said:
Um, it's not what I'm into at all. I just wondered why you seemed so vehemently against it. Personally, I just ignore it and judge a series on it's own merits rather than focusing on something as peripheral as moe character designs.

This is pretty much what I would say. I wouldn't know a show was Moe without looking at pictures, Which tends to be something I don't do when looking into a anime.

Not that they are great but. . .Lucky Star is Moe and full of Otaku goodness, Hence I like it. Also A lot of people like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and even though the characters are Moe, The [novel] storyline's are really quite something else.

CitizenGeek said:
If this sells very well, then we'll start seeing more and more moe crap and less and less genuinely good anime. Watching anime because there are characters that are absurdly "cute", sexualised and helpless in it, when there are great movies like Tekkonkinkreet that they could be watching just seems like some great injustice to me.

Kanon isn't bloomin moe. There is a small drop of moe but it is NOT consistant. But still, i hope it sells well and it probably will.

Back