ADV Films UK halt sale & distribution of select titles

melonpan said:
Mohawk52 said:
The more I think about this the more it's looking like the Japanese are giving ADV a kick in the groin for not doing that deal with Geneon. It's a bit coincidental that ADV's problems have started shortly after they walked away from it. :wink:

Hardly. It's common knowledge that it was Dentsu's fault for pulling Geneon out of the market. (Or is it?)
Dentsu pulled Geneon out of the market, that much is true. However part of that decision could have been based upon Geneon being in the advanced stages of striking a deal with ADV that was ditched by one party or the other at the last minute. Still to speculate on that as being the cause for this latest problem is going way too far into the realms of conspiracy theories for my taste. The greater liklihood is that ADV were beginning to see problems for the future and broke off negotiations when they realised that the deal would probably not benefit them as much as they might have hoped.

I wish sunrise would give ADV a swift kick in the nuts for thier treatment of thier stuff.

Heaven knows I would if my show, by the name of Aura Battler Dunbine was an utter flot or my other MEGATON show by the name of Sgt Frog was being shcked up for no gosh darn reason.

I am starting to get a little worried as some of the R1 titles I have pre-ordered like The Wallflower and NHK are coming up in the next week or so. The places I normally order from usually have the release dates and pre-orders up for the next release after this up at this time, but nothing so far. So as I said at the top I am a little worried that the rumours are true that ADV are taking a break on releases.

Zen 2nd said:
Seems on PLAY that the held back DVDs are being released in September.
I wouldn't use Play as a source for release dates. They as often make up release dates as use the official ones. There should be an announcement in due time from Lace as to their revised schedule. Anything else up to that point is pure speculation.

I am starting to really get worried about the R1 releases now. The ADV DVDs I had on pre-order with release dates for last week have not been sent, and when I went on another site I use a couple of days after their release dates they were allready on back-order. I have looked on the ADV site the news aritcles are from January and they don't even have NHK and Kanon in the store section.

Dracos said:
I am starting to really get worried about the R1 releases now. The ADV DVDs I had on pre-order with release dates for last week have not been sent, and when I went on another site I use a couple of days after their release dates they were allready on back-order. I have looked on the ADV site the news aritcles are from January and they don't even have NHK and Kanon in the store section.
They removed these a short while back due to some issue or another. They are working to resolve the problems and will presumably resume things when they have resolved their problems.

Dracos said:

Guess you can stop worrying now coz your stuff is in the list :lol:

It's reassuring to know that Kurau is back on track (presumably the R2 schedule will follow in due course) and that Gurren Lagann is being given the go-ahead too (it's the best work Gainax have done since FLCL I reckon).

I'll hold back for the R2 release of 5cm though, possibly saving up in the meantime for an blu ray-ready setup so I can enjoy it in full HD gorgeousness. ^_^

I NEED to save up for a blu-ray player for the 5cm release. It's my favourite film. EVER. I was [and still am] so close to importing the japanese special edition from the few places that still have it in stock, but I'll hold off [if i can resist] and buy the UK release.

GAAHHH~~ SUCH AN AWESOME FILM!!

I recently purchased a PS3 so I hope to buy Gurren Lagann if it is or ever released on Blu Ray. That is one show I want to see in all its defining glory.

seems weird them halting sales at the moment, since they're bringing out the first 12ep of mahoromatic on boxset in march.

thank goodness i only pay for things when there out

Otaku-san said:
seems weird them halting sales at the moment, since they're bringing out the first 12ep of mahoromatic on boxset in march.

This is a strange and seemingly pointless resurrection of a year-old thread back when ADV were showing problems, which ultimately spiralled...

Otaku-san said:

Actually Is out of here were just pointing the one year old news about ADV halt of sales. They seems to be recovering slowly, but steadily.

Back