Addicted to My Anime List

McIcy said:
All registered I'm McIcy will now spend today at work updating the site so it looks nice and full like everyone elses

Took 3 hours to add all my anime and manga but I am finally done, now I just need to ad the series and dvd's I'm currently watching

I'm on there as Voddas as always. Loving the site so far. Kinda like Facebook in away but without the crap applications. Cool ^^

Facebook is darned annoying with all those applications.

Myanimelist is much better. And, I've just finished giving my list/profile it's own mascot - it's nice that you can customise your pages.

Managed to get 63 people on my United Kingdom group so far :D
score

Edit: Overnight this has gone up to 81!
Now officially biggest and most used UK group on MAL :D

Addicted indeed, though mostly for just adding series for me. It is a great motivator to get me to finally sit down and watch some series I've been meaning to see for a long while as it adds to the feeling of accomplishing something when you finish an anime/manga.

Please don't send friends invitations to me on MAL. I now have RetroRainbow e-stalking me and its past a joke.

/reverse psychology

Ever since I stopped watching anime and manga in order to concentrate on getting through my sizeable videogame backlog, I've all but forgotten about MAL. The forums really are just dire, and the clubs have been fairly dead lately :/

I don't use MAL for others; I use it for myself. It's the best way to keep track of how much anime you've watched and manga you've read out there. It's a good place to post reviews if you want people to actually read them, though.

The whole social networking thing is a bit pathetic (in my eyes at least). It's ok if you're adding people you speak to on a regular online to or people you know in the land of the real but if you're just adding people to show you have lots of 'friends' it's really quite sad. The people with 230+ friends on social network type sites sites (most of whom they've never said more than a few words to) aren't people I get along with.

The MAL forums are filled with idiots; that's a given on any anime forum since the majority of anime watchers are under 20. AUKN isn't exactly the ideal forum in comparison; it's mostly dead and has its fair share of muppets... I only bother with it because it's the most active UK anime board (not that that's saying a lot) and it has UK anime news discussions.

Back