Ace Attorney 5 confirmed for 3DS, Phoenix Wright is back

Time for some bumpage. Here's Apollo Justice. He's looking very savvy.

apollo1.jpg

I'm currently playing Apollo Justice. Have completed 2 (count them: 2!) cases without having to look on the interweb (much) 8)

Really enjoying it! I played Justice For All some years ago...

solojudei said:
I'm currently playing Apollo Justice. Have completed 2 (count them: 2!) cases without having to look on the interweb (much) 8)

Really enjoying it! I played Justice For All some years ago...
HOLD IT!

You mean to say you haven't played Trials and Tribulations?

excited for AA5! although i am a little bit disappointed that it isn't another apollo justice game (i felt like he had lots more potential for other games! mind you, i loved apollo justice.) but i'm excited for phoenix's return!

i have to wonder whether or not trucy is returning though... i hope nothing has happened to her, though i doubt capcom would kill her off so quickly (i hope?). kizuki's heart scope thing looks cool though, can't wait! have to start saving up for a 3DS ~ ( ˘•д•˘)

25th July Japanese release date confirmed

Siliconera/Famitsu said:
A new character, known as Jin Yagami (Kanji reading subject to change—Ace Attorney likes its puns) is a prosecutor who is actually serving a sentence for murder, but he’s been nominated to stand as prosecutor in court. (Whether or not he actually committed murder is, of course, a mystery.)

Ace Attorney 5 will have pre-order bonuses of costume DLC for three of it. main characters. These costumes will be made available for free upon the game’s release until August 15th. Here’s what the costume bonuses are:

Phoenix’s older suit from previous Ace Attorney games
A casual outfit for Apollo designed by artist Kazuya Nuri
A younger look with a schoolgirl outfit for Kokone
o/quote]e/quote]

hi again, saw lots of posts of the new prosecutor on tumblr so decided to stick this here

tumblr_mldz5firp41s5r8puo1_500.jpg

looks cool! although some people have said his appearance is similar to blackjack's haha

also i guess we can quash rumours of apollo being the prosecutor since i think he's going to be a playable character (saw that floating around on tumblr too)

Last edited by a moderator:
The official site has been updated, there are some cool new screenshots on there, and details on some of the limited editions available to buy for Japan.

Here's the boxart:
58cc3949-4045-4c38-a326-5ff56a246293_zpsd9b3278e.jpg

Seems Apollo has a big role in the game after all, you play as him for Case 2 I believe.

Some screens:
chara_img_yugami_ss01_zpsd916014d.png
story02_img_ss01p_zps0dc07baa.jpg

story02_img_ss02_zpsb4001bb6.jpg

chara_img_odoroki_ss02_zps7bfe1310.png

chara_img_naruhodou_ss02_zps43f74efa.png

Presenting Phoenix Wright:Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies, coming to US and EU in 2013!
...except it's digital only, that means only available on the eShop.

London, UK. — May 13, 2013 — Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today confirmed that Phoenix Wright™: Ace Attorney™ - Dual Destinies will be available to purchase digitally on Nintendo 3DS™ across Europe and North America in Autumn 2013.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies, previously announced for the West as Ace Attorney™ 5, sees the return of courtroom hero Phoenix Wright. Set eight years since his last appearance in the courts, the first case in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies sees the action start in a destroyed court room. It’s down to Phoenix Wright and his team at the Wright Anything Agency to discover the cause of the destruction. Players will have to battle it out in court against Gaspen Payne, the younger brother of Winston Payne from previous Ace Attorney titles, as they defend the accused.

The much loved gameplay and features from previous titles in the Ace Attorney™ series return but for the first time in stunning 3D graphics, bringing the courtroom and characters to life and putting players directly in the heart of the action. Players will need to investigate each crime scene with the dynamic 3D visuals now making it possible to change views and zoom in on areas to uncover any hidden evidence or clues. In the court room the drama continues as players present their evidence, challenge witnesses and begin to unravel the truth behind each of the cases in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney -Dual Destinies.

Joining Phoenix is the young Attorney Apollo Justice and new Associate Attorney Athena Cykes. Athena’s unique ability to psychoanalyse witnesses introduces a brand new element to proceedings. Using Athena’s ‘Mood Matrix’ players can detect the emotional state of a witness and tell whether they’re surprised, angry, happy or sad. Players can compare these feelings with the statement given by the witness, point out any contradictions between the two and challenge the witness testimony. g/quote]i/quote]e/quote]./quote]

I just hope Capcom don't try and charge £39.99 for it on the eShop.

Last edited by a moderator:
My body is ready.

Ath said:
I just hope Capcom don't try and charge £39.99 for it on the eShop.../quote]
It's not Capcom that does pricing. I'm pretty sure it's Nintendo that prices everything on the e-shop.

Thankfully they've recently changed that policy. Developers set their own prices now.

Steam is the obvious market leader here. Developers are used to Valve's functionality, like sales, preorders, preloads, and painless patching. Can you talk about your plans around these four aspects of your service?

DA: Developers set their own pricing for their Wii U and Nintendo 3DS content. As one example, Little Inferno launched at $14.99. They did a sale for $9.99, and it went so well, they decided to make that price change permanent. It's completely in their control.

Updating games is also fairly straightforward. If they find an issue they need to fix, they can. In terms of other Nintendo eShop functionality, there's a dedicated team working through a roadmap of new features. We'll be able to announce those as they get closer to release.

Still doesn't excuse the lack of a proper account system though. I'm hoping the fact that Resident Evil Revelaitons is £24.99 on eShop will mean that Capcom will be reasonable.

Gaspen Payne is a brilliant name :p I was trying to come up with a suitable English name for him myself but couldn't think of one, well played localisers!

With eShop pricing, Nintendo seem to have set £39.99 as the price for first party games and games they distribute the physical versions of (which is ridiculous with some games that have been out for ages like Ocarina of Time 3D and Star Fox 64 3D), but they do have the new Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game at £34.99 and third party games like Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed and Virtue's Last Reward are £29.99. I just hope that GAME will sell download cards for it, as then you can get an eShop game for normal price.

A lot of people have been moaning about it being an eShop only title in the west. Capcom have said though, that the reason for this was low sales of the previous games (which was the same reason Ace Attorney Investigations 2 didn't come out). I'm guessing the original trilogy sold well, Apollo Justice sold moderatively, but then Ace Attorney Investigations didn't sell well?

I would have loved a physical release but I'm happy it's coming out on the eshop. I'm going to import a Japanese copy as well, just for my collection and I love the boxart .

Why is Maya not returning as Phoenix's assistant?! Phoenix without Maya is like Melvin without the Blue Notes. I'm glad to see Apollo returning, but again, he needs that magician girl assistant.

Back