Ace Attorney 5 confirmed for 3DS, Phoenix Wright is back

Ath

Pokémon Master
Famitsu broke the news

-Phoenix is the main character
-3DS
-New partner, a mysterious girl in yellow
-Release date TBA

Also some more Professor Layton v Ace Attorney info, there's a puzzle on the back cover of Famitsu.

Time to bug Capcpom to localise this and Ace Attorney Investigations 2!

Andriasang is suggesting that the code makes out the release date of Layton vs Gyakuten being somewhere in November. I expect we'll know for sure + get the first footage of Ace Attorney 5 during TGS in 2 weeks time. So get hype and prepare for more at TGS

A bit more info

-Takes place one year after Apollo Justice (I thought they were going to do a Devil May Cry 2 and ignore it!)
Very mild spoilers for the first case but I'm tagging just to be safe
-Explosion at the courthouse
-Accused is a high-school girl called Shinobu
-The first prosecutor is Winston Payne's brother!

The game seems to be being developed by the Ace Attorney Investigations team (I liked AAI more than Apollo Justice so I'm cool with this). Noriyuki Iwadare, who composed the music for Trials and Tribulations and Investigations (as well as the likes of Grandia and Lunar), returns to compose the music for this. Shu Takumi isn't involved.

A scan is floating about with some screenshots, but I'm not sure what the rule is on posting them. TGS will have a playable demo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Screens are fine, since i'm going to link them myself, hah.

tumblr_m9unqgZ1zy1qd760ho1_500.jpg

and because of size, i'll leave the next two as just links:

http://i.imgur.com/hy2MD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bHB8F.jpg

Also, for Shu Takumi, it seems he's not fully involved, but it hasn't ruled out him being involved to some degree. We may find out more when the demo hits TGS

I hope that the team put some critical plot element from the missing game into this new one, so Capcom US/EU are forced to be sensible.

R

MaxonTreik said:
Crapcom confirmed Investigations 2 would not get a western release.
Teehee, "Crapcom". I loved the first Edgy-poo game and can't forgive Crapcom for depriving me of more Kay Faraday ;_;

New Phoenix Wright brings the total of 3DS games I absolutely must play to two (the other being Rune Factory 4). Getting close-ish to a purchase despite my fierce loathing of region-locking grumble grumble. I'd have to replay all the earlier games first, though, as I've forgotten just about every plot detail (minor or major) =D

Rui said:
I hope that the team put some critical plot element from the missing game into this new one, so Capcom US/EU are forced to be sensible.

R
If by "be sensible" you mean "ignore what has happened and carry on anyway" then I will agree with you. :p

Hell yeah!

As soon as it started playing a remix of Objection 2004, it had me. Loving the animation!

Trailer's been subbed now:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it's going to be fantastic, missed Phoenix as the protagonist even though Apollo Justice and Investigations were great in their own rights. Looks like this is going to use more elements from those to make the investigation segments a little more interesting. Thankfully Nintendo put in a switch on the 3DS so I can turn that awkward effect off and really get to grips with it.

Back