Ace Attorney 5 confirmed for 3DS, Phoenix Wright is back

First 8 minutes of the japanese nintendo direct where all based around Gyakuten Saiban. New trailer, new characters, and old ones. If you don't want to see the returning characters, then i suggest you avoid it, otherwise, join us in the hype.

http://youtu.be/VxiF0Jt0ywo

So here's an interesting development from Sven:
In the days after we announced AA5 for the West being digital only, and the requests of others for a physical release, we mobilized our US team to put together possible options that may address the concerns.

As a part of that process, Eshiro-san and I have met mulitple times, including the morning where he gave the interview where he made the statement above. I was not quite ready to open the possibility to folks until we had a few more ducks in a row but Eschiro suggested he mention the potential in an an interview he was having that afternoon.

So, if you'd like to be heard, you can post on this thread (I'll leave it open), PM me on Capcom-Unity or hit up my twitter (@chrissvensson) as many folks already have. I need some additional ammo and these requests fit that need.

If things go well and demand is there, in a few weeks I may be able to present an option that puts the ball back in the fans' court (in "tennis" terms, not "of law" terms). I want to stress the word "may" so as to not misrepresent the situation or promise anything. We are trying. Again, timing and pricing would be at a disadvantage to the digital option as an assumption you should make.

On the AAI2 front, Eshiro is very much a man who could push make that happen so I'm glad who whoever asked that question, did so, but I've got nothing more I can add there. I feel the point above is valid.
Though I'll be there day one for the eShop release, a physical release would be very much appreciated too. So make your voices heard! I'll stress that this will not affect the already coming digital release. Unless Capcom have got their wording wrong, this isn't an either/or option. Let's show some support for Ace Attorney Investigations 2 as well!

I do still think that it's sad that it's gotten to the point where we actually have to beg Capcom to release something that we want. That's just the company Capcom has turned into I suppose (please be excited for Lost Planet 3! :p ) I've opened an account on Capcom Unity and posted on that thread.

Back