A month of awesomeness at AUKN

Like I said on the competition rules, you can send multiple entries as you find out a new character.

Only the last entry will be accounted for though, so make sure to send them all again if you send a second entry.

Googling is difficult :( I have had to dust off my old issues of Neo for help. I've sent in 30, I really don't know the rest. Though 26 and 29 I recognise but have no idea where from :evil:

fabricatedlunatic said:
chaos said:
Someone else entered this compo and missed only one.
what

In that case I don't think I'll bother! I can name 24 and recognize the shows in which four others appear, but I'm drawing a blank with the rest.

That's pretty good! The completely unknown person who made the picture *cough* was worried it might be too easy/too hard but the comments here are fun to read.

A couple are deliberately mean. I'd be (pleasantly!) surprised if we muster six full houses in the time remaining so everyone should try!

R

Rui said:
The completely unknown person who made the picture *cough* was worried it might be too easy/too hard but the comments here are fun to read.
I have my suspicions... it must be somebody with generally excellent taste who also has a penchant for the odd awful show ;)

In case anyone's interested, the following are the utterly fiendish ones that have me stumped (I can't think of any reason I wouldn't be allowed to divulge this information, but feel free to edit it out if I'm not):

7, 9, 11, 19, 20, 22, 34

Last edited by a moderator:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Rui said:
The completely unknown person who made the picture *cough* was worried it might be too easy/too hard but the comments here are fun to read.
I have my suspicions... it must be somebody with generally excellent taste who also has a penchant for the odd awful show ;)

In case anyone's interested, the following are the utterly fiendish ones that have me stumped (I can't think of any reason I wouldn't be allowed to divulge this information, but feel free to edit it out if I'm not):

7, 9, 11, 19, 20, 22, 34

I have all of them except 20 That is a hard one :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I might be in with a chance until 22, after which it completely fell apart. I only know four of the characters between 22 and 36.

Sent in my entry - Not 100% sure about number 12 but the one it cannot get at the moment is number 32.

Took this long to get my entry in as I could only do a few while at work (if the competition started last Friday I could have done more while at work since I was printing out reports , lots of reports).

We better get a full list of answer at end to put out of our misery.

Gerk, somewhere in the region of 21/22 at first glance (including a couple I know I know, but would have to google for the exact character name).

I do know four (edit: maybe five, actually. I really need to sit down and have a proper look) of fabby's seven that he listed, maybe we could submit a joint entry, and then if we win sell the ticket and split the profits. :D

mangaman74 said:
We better get a full list of answer at end to put out of our misery.

Don't worry, we're not so heartless we'd just leave everyone hanging.

It's fun seeing how different people find different series difficult depending on their tastes. Some of the pictures have visual clues in them...and some are deliberately ambiguous :)

R

A full list will be posted when the competition ends :) Anyway, like I said before. even if you don't know all of the answers, send your entry.

There's someone with less than 15 guesses who would win if the competition ended now.

ilmaestro said:
Gerk, somewhere in the region of 21/22 at first glance (including a couple I know I know, but would have to google for the exact character name).

I do know four (edit: maybe five, actually. I really need to sit down and have a proper look) of fabby's seven that he listed, maybe we could submit a joint entry, and then if we win sell the ticket and split the profits. :D
It's one ticket for saturday and another for sunday. BUT, the guessing competition if for a devil may cry boxset (DVD or Bluray).

ilmaestro said:
Damn, people are going to think that's why I listed the ones I didn't know. I have to make doubly sure that I don't get them now :D

Just submitted my entry but forgot to identify 31. The character isn't familiar but the design is, so it shouldn't be hard to track down given that all the characters are from anime that have had a UK release. As for the other seven, no chance.

Back