Status
Not open for further replies.

Aion

Time-Traveller
When you see nothing likeable in anyone else, feeling only fear and hate towards them, and hate yourself even more than those around you, not even able to laugh and get enjoyment out of the small things others love, what is the point? Is the point to mock others to make yourself feel less of a failure, or is it to argue with others over subjects you, in truth, don't care about?

Change is an impossibility. A bad person is always bad, a smart person is always smart. A loser is always a loser. People are born how they are, their destines pre-determined by genes and the lives of their parents. Nothing can be done once the ball is rolling.

Instead of changing, people hide themselves. Smilling when something isn't funny to not be awkward, looking at the ground to avoid eye contact - such actions sum up life. There's no truth; no honesty, just a wall of fear that cannot be broken. A fake world with only people hiding behind masks making up the numbers.

Fear resticts, yet fear keeps people alive. There's no easy self-destruct button. Even those who hate life cling to it - it's natural instinct. When cornered, an animal fights, and when a human is cornered they become corwards.

A pointless existence in an aimless world that keeps on spinning. No-one truly feeling alive until they're near death, no-one truly caring about anyone but themselves. There's nothing to be gained from living or dying; either way, there's only nothingness. So, what is the point? There isn't one.

Uh-oh...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DvuziLk75n8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DvuziLk75n8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Aion said:
Change is an impossibility. A bad person is always bad, a smart person is always smart. A loser is always a loser. People are born how they are, their destines pre-determined by genes and the lives of their parents. Nothing can be done once the ball is rolling.
Bollocks. Nothing is pre-determined, nothing is unchangable. That's the easy excuse for people who don't have the balls to admit that their (and others') lives are what they and they alone have made them. The only purpose of life is the purpose you give it. And I'm of the opinion that we only get one go at it, so we should at least make it count for something.

Existentialism, I've thought a lot about this before. What is the point in life - nothing really. Life exists and continues to exist just for the sake of existence but no real reason. It wouldn't really matter if life stopped existing.

What can you do about it - nothing. You are only alive once and after that your gone. What you have to do is find something you enjoy, something that makes you happy and do everything you can to achieve it.

If you want to travel, visit other countries then just do it. Not happy with your job, you have to find some way to change it because you spend most of your life there. Life is to short to waste it, think about what you want and do it.

Aion you are the biggest downer on this forum.

Your topics are always so negative. examples:

- who should be banned next
- who do like the least
- Nakama Britannica Portal (wtf?) - Remove

those are just off the top of my head...

Your constantly complaining about how the forum is run but if you were running it, you would the only one on the forum complaining to yourself because you've banned everyone for not being as unhappy as you are or everyone left because they're sick of listening to your negativity.

If you were actually a nice person i think people would be more willing to listen to you. I dunno, maybe you are and you just choose to be a dick online.

You're right, people can't change completely but they can grow and develop over time from experience. Given your past posts it seems that it's you that needs to change something in your life to get you moving out of this rut you've dug yourself into. You're not stupid so i'm sure you already know this and I'll probably be dismissed as an idiot who doesn't know ****.

Down down, you bring me down
I hear you knocking at my door and I cant sleep at night
Your face, it has no place
No room for you inside my house I need to be alone

Dont waste your words I dont need anything from you
I dont care where youve been or what you plan to do

Turn turn, I wish youd learn
Theres a time and place for everything Ive got to get it through
Cut loose, youre no use
I couldnt stand another second in your company

Stone me, why cant you see
Youre a no-one nowhere washed up baby whod look better dead

Your tongue is far too long
I dont like the way it sucks and slurps upon my every word

I am the resurrection and I am the light
I couldnt ever bring myself to hate you as Id like

OMFGLOL said:
does your mum know? (am being serious)

LMFAO.

And I see unellmay got banned, one less reason for you to be so down, right?

I expect a sly comment reply, I'm ready for it.

I wish I could offer you some nice, helpful advice, but I'm not that type of person, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Come to expo with us! That would be fun!

Serious now. Happy / unhappy is nothing, but a a state of mind.
I know I must seem to be shallow to you, but in reality, I prefer to face things light hearted and I usually look for the positive side of things.

On the other hand, it seems to me you only look at the negatives...

i also hear this song when i read Aions posts

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bJeHk1gDT68&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bJeHk1gDT68&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

i think we need a litter of kittens, not just 1

"Is this the way you left me, i'm not pretending
no hope, no love, no glory
no happy ending"

i agree with ayase and the philisophical bloke below him,

even if aion copied and pasted that post or took the time to write it i don't believe you should all take it so negative, despite the first glance look that you took and judged that its just depressing, it does highlight and proceeds people to take a different view on life and the reason for living.

To which if you sat and deliberated upon it...you'll understand that the reasons for living are so basic, the reason of living isn't to build great cities, to go into space, to destroy things or to help less fortunate things. its merely to grow, reproduce and die, a continuous cycle.

Now its what you do with your time whilst you live thats the most important thing, should you decide to become famous, or become a 40 year old living with their mum, it doesn't matter. As its their life and they can live it however they like. Me personally, i believe that life is what you make it so i try to spend as much time as i can, going and enjoying myself.

to quote a singer who is known and respected the world over (even in death)
"What is a man? What has he got? if not himself then he has not, to say the things he truly feels, and not the ones of he who kneels" - he lived his life his way. you all should too.

Personally, I think it's when people have big philosophies (negative or not) like the above, people start to break more and feel distraught. I can say myself that I hate a lot of things in life, I've hated lots of things about me and other people and maybe I can be hypocritical (without noticing it) and such...

Even when I think to myself and say "Just Live Life" (my own philosophy), I always ask myself ifs and buts and wallow in hate/sadness at time. So I keep it as simple as possible so I don’t completely lose it or get overly emotional or generally feel numb.

Everyday is something else for me. I have bad times and good, but the less I think about it and the more I try to do things (selfish, hateful etc or not), the more rewarding I feel. Misery is part of life just like Joy. Same as ecstasy and numbness. I just come to accept things or reject them as I please, and that's all I feel I need to do. "I think, therefore I am," is reason enough for me.

BTW, since I'm atheist I personally feel freer than someone religious. I say that because I have no feeling of an omnipotent power judging me, I have no restrictions on what I can do, say and think, and if things come to their worse, I "know" it's my own power needed to bring myself back up again (and all achievements are mine). Otherwise, I'd still be going to church, praying, pushed to do/not to do things I want to do or not. It's not really as bad as I make it sound, but if the basics means that I have my own morality and I'm happy with it, then that's all I need.

Someone who is religious choses to be it, just like I chose to me atheist. Whether they need support, guidance or a set of rules, that's for them to adopt and accept, just like it's ok for me to not adopt it.

I'm not religious at all, I'm an atheist like Chaz here but I don't think religions are necessarily a bad thing. People who believe get a lot of positives from it. Things like hope, an afterlife, a being greater than yourself which should be seen more as a comforting father figure than a all powerful entity, something reliable and consistant. It allows people to relax a little responsibility in life and lose worries with the idea that everything will be ok in the end.

Though fanatical interpretations and people who use religion to make people follow their ideas end up causing bad things to happen in a God's name.

Existentialism can be a depressing subject, you have to think through it until you see the positives. In the end nothing really matters, nothing may exist, you can't truly believe anything you see is true and your own thoughts are made from predictable chemical processes which means you might not actually be thinking for yourself but just believing that you are.

If nothing matters there is no real need to worry about anything that happens in life, which means you are free to pursue whatever you want to, what ever you feel is missing. I think I have that feeling that Aion is having, that something is missing in my life but can't find anything that fills it even though I have quite a few hobbies.

Asdrubael said:
I'm not religious at all, I'm an atheist like Chaz here but I don't think religions are necessarily a bad thing. People who believe get a lot of positives from it. Things like hope, an afterlife, a being greater than yourself which should be seen more as a comforting father figure than a all powerful entity, something reliable and consistant. It allows people to relax a little responsibility in life and lose worries with the idea that everything will be ok in the end.
While I'm fine with other people believing what they like as long as they don't try to force it on others, I think a lot of the above is the same kind of "blame / credit someone else (a higher being) for what's wrong / right with your life" that I'm so against.

It's abdication of personal responsibility, and a lot of people do this (and turn to religion) when they are at a low point and feel they need some kind of get out clause - and "It's part of God's plan" or "The devil is causing all these bad things" (the latter something I've actually heard from Jehovah's Witnesses which just made me hang my head in despair). Great. So we aren't to blame. People aren't screwing the world up, it's Satan. People aren't achieving great things through of their own will, it's God's plan. At the fear of alienating anyone who is religious, y'know what? No it isn't. People need to take responsibility for themselves and stop passing the buck when things don't go their way, but also giving themselves more credit for what they do. And I think it's especially sad when one low point in someone's life dooms them to being a fundamentalist for the rest of it.

Existentialism isn't depressing at all, it's liberating. Being told "There are certain things expected of you, there are certain ways you must live your life" is depressing. Existentialism is free of all that - Actually, there is no point. There are no rules. Hooray! We can do what we like with our lives!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back