5 Cm Per Second out 28th March 2011 on DVD but no BluRay

Neferpitou

Stand User
41wJA6iF%2BpL._SL500_.jpg

5 Cm Per Second out 28th March 2011 on DVD but no BluRay

After the confusion of the changing dates of the MANGA UK DVD release of 5 Cm Per Second, the currently plans are now for 28th March 2011 launch for the DVD release. Unfortunately there will be no Blu-Ray version released but MANGA UK will be hopefully of eventual geting around to releasing one once they get the OK from Japanese right holders.

Source: MANGA Twitter
Source: MANGA Twitter

This is undoubtedly an amazing film but you REALLY have to watch this on blu ray due to the draw dropping animation, therefore i'll hold out until manga decide to release it in gorgeous High Definition.

At last a release date,i thought this film was gonna fall into limbo,i might skip on buying the upcoming region 1 release and wait for the UK release.

Since reverse-importation fears are the stated reason for the lack of Blu-ray release, I suspect that the term "unlikely" may be substituted for "impossible".

I would, of course, like this supposition to be disproved.

Massive fail. The BD has been out for two and a half years in Japan, and only costs 4500yen on amazon.co.jp atm, reverse importation is, at the very best, a bad attempt at an excuse.

I'll no doubt still buy this as I loved Voices of a Distant Star and Place Promised in our Early Days but for some reason never got round to getting this. If a Blu-ray ever did come out over here I would probably upgrade also.

great news its being released and i would love to watching it but i would have wanted it on blu-ray more than dvd. So it sucks big time not getting one

Hey - we're getting it. That's enough for me.

Stuff all the poncy up-to-the-minute technological formats and whatnot. At the end of the day, it's about the movie. For me, anyways.

Back