28 Weeks Later

McIcy

Mushi-shi
ERIDICATION, STERILIZATION, RE-POPULATION, RE-INFECTION

The Sequel to one of the best Zombie Movies 28 Days Later is finally here, set weeks after the last infected person has been destroyed, the army is slowly cl;eaning up the UK, London has now been deemed safe to live and people who were once evacuated due to the out break are being re-introduced to the City.

But is the infection really gone? can people really return to a normal life?
And who wants to see London coated in Napalm? I know I do

TRAILER

You just DON'T go back to London, idiots. Apart from that, it looks awesome tbh, though the first one wasn't really what I was expecting, a little less... hectic.

Lupus Inu said:
You just DON'T go back to London, idiots. Apart from that, it looks awesome tbh, though the first one wasn't really what I was expecting, a little less... hectic.

Exactly what I was thinking. I'd probably still enjoy the movie if I saw it o_O

28 days later wasnt a zombie movie was it ?

It was just a virus that made people overcome with rage they didnt actualy eat people or stuff like that.

But ye it looks good

Lupus Inu said:
The director says it wasn't a zombie movie... but if it wasn't, what was it?

Zombies don't run. I like 28 Days Later but it isn't a zombie movie in the sense that Night of the Living Dead is.

Paul said:
Lupus Inu said:

Zombies don't run. I like 28 Days Later but it isn't a zombie movie in the sense that Night of the Living Dead is.

Zombies of today are on fitness regimes, they could run round a pitch or two.

Paul said:
Lupus Inu said:

They are 'The Infected' my mate who loves all zombie movies and anything to do with them keeps banging on about them not being zombies.

Also isnt this one the 'American heroes' version, the americans come after been months too late to 'save the day' lol :roll:

Oddly enough, the first movie started to go downhill after he shaved off his beard. The first half was great though.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Oddly enough, the first movie started to go downhill after he shaved off his beard. The first half was great though.

I agree. It's a stunning movie (the visuals especially) right up until the British army soldiers appear. After that the beautiful camera work ceases and the plot becomes predictable action fare. For the first 50-60mins though, 28 Days Later is pretty damn amazing.

With regards to the whole running zombie debate, I'm not directly opposed to the idea of them running, it's just in Romero's original classics (I utterly love his "... of the Dead" movies) the zombies are clearly the dead walking; their flesh is rotting and basically, they are falling to bits. Further more, they remember things from their past lives. In movies like 28 Days Later and even the remake of Dawn of the Dead, the "infected" have almost become a different species of animal altogether. I could talk all day about zombie movies, so I'll just end this now by saying Romero's Dawn of the Dead is one of the greatest horror movies of all time.

That trailer looks sweet; It does look like they have gone all out with the visuals so its got potential to be better than the first film which i enjoyed, although the ending kind of sucked so looking forward to this one :).

It's more of an Action/Horror film than a classic zombie film in my opinion. As Paul said, zombies are meant to be reanimated corpses, which means they're rotting away, whilst they have no brains or basi functions except for feeding, they haven't evolved at all, they've devolved massively, being unable to feel anything.

I would suggest reading The Zombie Survival Guide, it's a very good read.

McIcy said:
And yet no one goes shaun of the dead on these mindless zombies and just uses a shovel to pound their brains in

We have had this discution there not zombies just realy realy real pissed off crazy people :p

pomtry said:
McIcy said:
And yet no one goes shaun of the dead on these mindless zombies and just uses a shovel to pound their brains in

We have had this discution there not zombies just realy realy real pissed off crazy people :p

They're ZOMBIES, lets face it, although I do like Shaun of the Dead's line, "Don't say Zombies, it sounds rediculous"

Back