18th July UK anime releases

Most opinions that I've encountered of Mezzo seems to place it as the ultimate bathos, beginning as a good, solid and promising show, but then declining terribly in the middle episodes, so that by time the final volume is reached and the anime begins to rise in quality again, interest has been lost.

It's not an anime i'm going to buy, but I may take RedXIII's advice from her Rental thread and rent it, along with quite a few other titles.

IanC said:
Some site ive never heard of (whos review seems to be based on the TV run) vs Chris Bevedridge's Animeondvd review and cracking reviews over on eyeonanime.co.uk and ukanime.com? Think ill trust the later 3.

Fair enough, I just dig style of writing on Anime Academy. No plot rehashing, just pure and well articulated opinion. They pass the Berserk test with flying colors too, so I trust their opinions ;)

i gave Mezzo DSA a lukewarm 7 (Paul: the review is on its way now). it's a dumb action-fest, but as dumb action-fests go it's not a bad one. eps 4 and 5 have an interesting way of storytelling but overall it's the sort of generic action/adventure that ADV seem to be releasing lately. it was entertaining, but if i hadn't been sent a review disc i doubt i would have bothered with it.

if you like girls with guns Noir or Chrono Crusade do the job better i think! :D

Back