18th July UK anime releases

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Today is July's pivotal release day with no less than 10 anime DVDs officially hitting UK stores. The new series kicking off are all from ADV in Aquarian Age, Mezzo DSA along with the Sakura Diaries complete collection (English dub-only), while MVM contribute several high profile new volumes with amongst others; Chobits #3 and Read or Die TV #2 and Beez round off the day in excellent fashion with the classic final volume of Cowboy Bebop.<ul class="menu"><b>Monday 18 July 2005</b>
<li>Aquarian Age #1 (ADV)
<li>Chobits #3 (MVM)
<li>Chrono Crusade #3 (ADV)
<li>Cowboy Bebop #6 (Beez)
<li>Gad Guard #4 (ADV)
<li>Get Backers #4 (ADV)
<li>Mezzo DSA #1 (ADV)
<li>Read or Die TV #2 (MVM)
<li>Sakura Diaries (ADV)
<li>Trigun #4 (MVM)</ul>Looking to keep up to date with UK anime DVD releases? Be sure to take a glance at our <a href="http://www.animeuknews.net/schedule.php">comprehensive schedule</a>.

This is actually the first week this month I'll be purchasing any UK releases- ROD TV 2 and Chrono Crusade 3. Bebop 6 will be top priority on the rental list once tesco get a copy in stock, and I've also become intrigued enough by Aquarian Age, Mezzo DSA and even Sakura Diaries to give them a rental at some point as well.

Trigun - Vol. 4: Gung-Ho Guns
Chrono Crusade - Vol. 3: The World, The Flesh And The Devil
Mezzo: Shell 1
Aquarian Age: Vol.1 - Awakening
Gad Guard - Vol.4: Collections
Sakura Diaries Collection
Get Backers - Vol. 4: Battles With The Past

I need to pick all tese up some point during the week, tho ill probably order some of em from play.com.

Hopefully CB 6 will be here tomorrow.

Got all of these as i alsway do and cant wait to start watching them.

All of them (apart from sakura which was sent out today from play) are sitting on my cupboard ready to be watched :)

Paul said:
For me, it's all about Bebop :)

Alhtough I wish this series got a slightly better release, I'm still probably going to be going for it as well. Chalk that up to the fact that I just saw the movie and remembered how much I like this show. Plus Bebop is probably my favourite dub to date. "Just a humble bounty hunter ma'am." 8)

Read or Die TV though, is the real priority series for me from that release list.

I don't know why, but I actually bought Sakura Diaries Collection. From what I have seen, it's actually quite good but I wish they had the original JP voices as well, some of the characters voices were annoying. Still, the whole series for £20, I'm not complaining and I am looking forward to watching the rest of it.

ROD 2, Cowboy Bebop 6 and Chrono Crusade 3 will all arrive here one day or another. Despite my general feeling of overated as far as Trigun is concerned, I'll probably get it next time we have a quiet week. I'm thinking of investigating Aquarian Age, but I haven't decided yet. The other new series of the week, Mezzo, doesn't particularly interest me.

Got most of this weeks now, just going to order the rest from play.com

Im not sure where play.com got the RRP of Sakura Diaries from, since i got it for £19.99 in HMV today. With NUS discount its the same price as play.

Having just 'acquired' Cowboy Bebop from my brother I'll be getting the last volume as well as the current vols of Chrono Crusade and ROD The TV. I'm still reeling from the Mezzo trailer so despite some negative press I'll be picking that up and Aquarian Age too.

Paranoia Agent said:
I'm still reeling from the Mezzo trailer so despite some negative press I'll be picking that up

I've said this somewhere else but I agree. The Mezzo trailer is awesome! I'll eventually get it, despite what some critics have said. the Original OVA was quite good, so this should be too (theoretically).

Im trying to find this bad press, since all ive read is good reviews.

Ive heard that the TV version had crap animation past episode 2, but thats beem fixed for the dvd anyway.

www.ukanime.com have just given the 1st volume a 9.1 score. Initially when it was released, I remeber reading some lukewarm reviews after the furore over Mezzo Forte, but there seem to be good reviews around nowadays.

Animeondvd also gave the 1st volume an A-, but B- for vols 2 and 3. They say it starts off with a bang but doesn't quite keep it up.

Still looks good though.

Some site ive never heard of (whos review seems to be based on the TV run) vs Chris Bevedridge's Animeondvd review and cracking reviews over on eyeonanime.co.uk and ukanime.com?

Think ill trust the later 3.

Back