$100 million Dragonball Z movie in production

Link100p said:
I don't think violence will be a problem, I mean it's shooting beams out of one's hands, I don't see how anyone could think that's "Damaging" for children.

Did we watch a different show?
As well as beams out of their hands they went hand to hand beating the **** out of each other lol

LukasROAR said:
Link100p said:
I don't think violence will be a problem, I mean it's shooting beams out of one's hands, I don't see how anyone could think that's "Damaging" for children.

As well as beams out of their hands they went hand to hand beating the **** out of each other lol
Yeah, but I mean, it's not realistic violence.

Link100p said:
LukasROAR said:
Link100p said:

But wasn't DBZ the one where we had fight scenes last for episodes not minutes? Also werent the characters caked in blood and had a number of broken limbs most of the time? Oh and people dying left right and centre all of the time (though admittedly they always came back). Its certainly not a 12 rating unless they tone it down a LOT, animated violence can get away with a lot more than live action.

My memory of DBZ is fuzzy though, i'm probably thinking of something else/splicing it with somethin else.

Liquid Skin said:
But wasn't DBZ the one where we had fight scenes last for episodes not minutes? Also werent the characters caked in blood and had a number of broken limbs most of the time? Oh and people dying left right and centre all of the time (though admittedly they always came back)

This just sounds like Naruto to me. XD.

Jayme said:
Liquid Skin said:
But wasn't DBZ the one where we had fight scenes last for episodes not minutes? Also werent the characters caked in blood and had a number of broken limbs most of the time? Oh and people dying left right and centre all of the time (though admittedly they always came back)

This just sounds like Naruto to me. XD.

Ah ok, i only watched a couple eps of Naruto - i really didnt take to it *awaits for something heavy and/or sharp to hit me*

Liquid Skin said:
Link100p said:
LukasROAR said:
Link100p said:

But wasn't DBZ the one where we had fight scenes last for episodes not minutes? Also werent the characters caked in blood and had a number of broken limbs most of the time? Oh and people dying left right and centre all of the time (though admittedly they always came back). Its certainly not a 12 rating unless they tone it down a LOT, animated violence can get away with a lot more than live action.

My memory of DBZ is fuzzy though, i'm probably thinking of something else/splicing it with somethin else.
How long the fight scenes were, it doesn't matter, it still is unrealistic violence, also they cannot last for episodes long in the film as it is a film. Characters were not caked in blood and the enemy were the only ones that got limbs broken and even then they were shown to be plant like and without any real wounds. Star Wars had people dying left right and center, but it still got a PG. It probably will get a 12, but it's still unrealistic violence.

Ah, twas probably thinking of something else then. Now that i think about it, DBZ is just going to be another ott martial arts film, no different than Kung Fu Hustle or any other of the thousands of like-minded films.

Jurassic Park got away with decapitation after all and it got a PG/12 didnt it! :D

Liquid Skin said:
Jurassic Park got away with decapitation after all and it got a PG/12 didnt it! :D

Jurassic Park is a PG. 12a didn't exist. It came around the time of Spider-man, Probably because of Spider-man.

Well the kind of "cartoony violence" that I see from DBZ is ... well depends on the saga. Some sagas were more violent from others. Some sagas had fanservice and some sagas did not. It depends what kind of an audience they are going to attract to. Little kids or hard DBZ fans. What I can see them doing is probaly aim for a 12A movie and if thats the case its ok with me. More imprtant to me is I hope that it stays to its original manga.

Jurassic Park is a PG. 12a didn't exist. It came around the time of Spider-man, Probably because of Spider-man.

Wow that explains a lot when I watch the second movie I was surprised that this was PG but I think that you have explain this one for me.

Nemphtis said:
Wow, that's a big budget... IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!
If that joke is the supposed movie I'm going to f-cking shoot myself in the face, it was funny once, not the other 9000 times I heard it. ;/

Is anyone else not thinking "remake of a cult kid's TV show... Transformers?" Seems like it's the new bandwagon.

I want to see how they do the hair.

Espy said:
Is anyone else not thinking "remake of a cult kid's TV show... Transformers?" Seems like it's the new bandwagon.

Its happened to most Hannah Barbera shows and some random others. So yeah, Its happening.

*waits for awful live action ZIM followed by Ren & Stimpy*

Jayme said:
Espy said:

Its happened to most Hannah Barbera shows and some random others. So yeah, Its happening.

here comes the live action pokemon XD

Jayme said:

Now THAT would be a 15, that thing was shown waaaay too early in the evening. Freaked me right out as a kid.

Well it is about time they started to this, however I've always been sceptical and will remain so until I see it. I'm a fan...but this could very well make it a lot harder to say that and not be embarrassed such an abomination was brought out...then again...it could be good...

The key? Do not get massive stars for the cast...lower key but good actors will be best..

Due to the fact the Live Action movie of DBZ was brought up some years ago and the website license had been renewed before Transformers was announced...I don't really think you can accuse them off jumping on to some band wagon

That said...I personally look forward to the live action version of Evangelion more myself...

King Jimmeh said:
Tsunami_Spike said:
The key? Do not get massive stars for the cast...lower key but good actors will be best..

Whatcha talkin' about? I'm sure Arnold Schwarzenegger would make a perfectly fine Goku... :p

Oh if only, with Steven Seagal as Vegeta. Oh dear....that really would be horrific.

Back