What did you BUY today?

After my pleasant experience with Sanity.com.au (basically Australian HMV from what I gather), I have returned to them for Boruto: Naruto Next Generations sets 6 to 14. They have a sale going on at the moment for 30% off some of their TV show stock + I found a 10% discount code online that worked on top. Annoyingly, they didn't have set 5 on Blu-ray in stock and I can't seem to find an online Aus store that has it and ships to the UK, so I guess I'm left waiting for the UK release on that one - the fact that set 5 has a BBFC rating would suggest it would be due soon, right? 😩 I have seen @sniper_samurai and @Dragon Slayer post a fair bit regarding new BBFC ratings, I know that the BBFC rating for set 5 was classified on 12/07/2023, but what's the normal length of time between classification and release (if there is one)?

I ended up getting them for around £18.60 a piece (including shipping from Aus, which I think is pretty good). Not sure if I'll get hit with any import fees as the total value is around ~151 GBP excluding shipping (above the £135 limit). Sanity takes care of any VAT as they have a UK VAT registration, however, we'll see what happens with the import duty; online calculators that I have used suggest anywhere from £0 to £20 + £8 RM handling fee, but I guess we'll see.

But yeah, sod waiting for Crunchyroll or whoever has the rights to Boruto these days to release these in the UK - I'll be dead before they catch up with the AUS/US releases!

Last edited:
watch-pokemon-tv-169.jpg
With Pokemon TV App shutting down, I decided to buying the Pokemon DVD series and ultimate relive my nostalgia.

Pokemon is part of my life and I ultimate want to experience the whole Ash Saga again for better and worse.
giphy.gif

For my first Pokemon Anime series purchase, I decided to buy the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Saga from Amazon which in retrospect has become my favourite Pokemon anime series.

I will eventually buy all of them, but outside the Kanto and Johto Saga, the rest aren't high priority purchases for me at this time.
Screenshot_20240315-101501_Amazon Shopping.jpg

View attachment 33250
With Pokemon TV App shutting down, I decided to buying the Pokemon DVD series and ultimate relive my nostalgia.

Pokemon is part of my life and I ultimate want to experience the whole Ash Saga again for better and worse.
View attachment 33251

For my first Pokemon Anime series purchase, I decided to buy the Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Saga from Amazon which in retrospect has become my favourite Pokemon anime series.

I will eventually buy all of them, but outside the Kanto and Johto Saga, the rest aren't high priority purchases for me at this time.
View attachment 33252

Diamond & Pearl is definitely one of my favourite series as well, used to watch it on CITV all the time when I was younger and had some of the best movies as well.

Has been very nostalgic watching the original series myself currently. Slowly collecting all of it as well.

I think Sun & Moon became my favourite series but I'd put the original and D&P right behind it. Fan of Chronicles as well.

I have some nostalgia for Indigo league as I was watching that as a teen. But the series I enjoy the most are the Journey ones. Probably because I’m watching them with my daughter, but I find them really entertaining for both of us. I’ve not seen the end of journey yet though as I’m daughter just wants to watch Concierge if we have Pokémon on. She loves Psyduck now 🥰

I have some nostalgia for Indigo league as I was watching that as a teen. But the series I enjoy the most are the Journey ones. Probably because I’m watching them with my daughter, but I find them really entertaining for both of us. I’ve not seen the end of journey yet though as I’m daughter just wants to watch Concierge if we have Pokémon on. She loves Psyduck now 🥰

Journey's is pretty solid as well, tbh the only season of PKMN I'm not a big fan of is Black & White which is a shame as the games are my favourite generation.

I adore Concierge, your daughter is going to be so happy when the new episodes release sometime in the future.

You'll have to show her the original series for Misty's Psyduck if you haven't already.

You'll have to show her the original series for Misty's Psyduck if you haven't already.

She’s seen a bit of Indigo League but she wasn’t about it for some reason. Not sure why really. She has seen some of Detective Picachu but that was one of those moments when I realised I was showing her something that was inappropriate for her age. Whoops, good parenting there.

3rd and for now final Gunpla order...

HG Lfrith Thorn and Lfrith Ur from GundamMad

Easy purchase considering who the pilots are. Is this even a spoiler? Lol

Back