UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I suspect what might work in AL's flavour for Bleach & Naruto is that the episodes have already been checked by the BFCC which should reduce the costs (assuming they don't need to go via the BFCC again). Both should probably sell considering that some of the older Manga-era releases are hard to locate 2nd hand.

Whereas with InuYasha they might have to pay to put the episodes through as they haven't been released in the UK before (unless I'm wrong)

-----

I see on Twitter they have announced a Spring Sale between the 22nd march and 1st April, so something which might have some juicy deals
But that was just dvd before wasn't it? Surely they have to go through the bbfc again if it's new format like blu-ray?

Well part of it might have to go through then because when Kaze started there first release of bleach they for some reason released there first boxset without the omakes which clearly resulted in complaints because the boxsets after that kept the omakes, so for that reason alone part of it would have to go through the bbfc again.

How good at the AL sales? I have some Amazon credit that’s burning hole in my digital pocket but wondering if it’s best to wait for the sale at AL?

My problem is whether I should buy the two March release items in my MVM basket (Somali and the Forest Spirit and Chillin' in My 30s after Getting Fired from the Demon King's Army) or pray for unlikely discounts from Anime Limited's sale. I'm sure I can hold out for another week. :)

This might be a dumb question but did they push back the release date for Granbelm’s Collectors Edition? The website still has the release date as 26/02 but my copy has not shipped.

It's really annoying when AL can tweet about an upcoming flash sale, but when a title (Granblem) is delayed, there's not a peep out of them. 😞
Sigh, it's disappointing to see that they haven't changed their ways... Like I said last year; I don't mind delays but I would appreciate them sending an e-mail letting people know that title X's release is delayed. I can already see the same happening with A Place Further than the Universe... Btw, I find it funny how Anime Limited rarely releases anime I want to buy and when they do, those releases get delayed 😂 And it seems same will happen this year too since Granblem is already delayed.

Last edited:
Back