UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I appreciate the effort to bring Seed Freedom over to UK cinemas, however being a sequel to Seed and Seed Destiny which add up to 100 eps, I don't think I'll be able to squeeze them in.

Be curious to see how well it does, because being a sequel requiring knowledge of previous shows must make it super niche. This makes Blue Giant's very limited theatrical release even weirder, as that is a completely stand alone film.

I appreciate the effort to bring Seed Freedom over to UK cinemas, however being a sequel to Seed and Seed Destiny which add up to 100 eps, I don't think I'll be able to squeeze them in.

Be curious to see how well it does, because being a sequel requiring knowledge of previous shows must make it super niche. This makes Blue Giant's very limited theatrical release even weirder, as that is a completely stand alone film.

Same here, haven't seen or know anything about Seed and looked up the episode count myself earlier and was like to myself, no way am I getting through all that, especially with FF7 Rebirth right around the corner. That's even if it shows in my area as it's 50 / 50 if a limited release will show or not, at least it feels like it though it has gotten better I'd say.

I'd been fairly certain for a while it was why they prioritised SEED and Destiny HD for UK Blu-ray. Much as their original release a decade ago was intended as a lead in for Freedom's original release date that got missed.

No idea if this should be here or Crunchyroll thread

I remember Anime Limited will be releasing Macross Plus

Is there any news if they're getting 7 or Frontier?

There has been no further official news regarding the Nozomi pickups of 7, Delta or Frontier, which were announced in July of 2022. As it stands, Plus is the only announced Macross license that Anime Limited has, best to wait and see if that changes, or not.
I'll be surprised if those Macross releases from Nozomi ever happen, either due to Crunchyroll buying out Right Stuf (who owned Nozomi) confusing the licensing situation on those unreleased titles, or because Crunchyroll don't seem to care much about catalogue titles.

I'll be surprised if those Macross releases from Nozomi ever happen, either due to Crunchyroll buying out Right Stuf (who owned Nozomi) confusing the licensing situation on those unreleased titles, or because Crunchyroll don't seem to care much about catalogue titles.
You could also add the final season Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei to the list of maybe not happening, sadly

Just imagine the [however many years] its taken for BW/HG/Macross to sort stuff out. For the franchise to finally get a western release, only for sony to be like... /Nah I don't like Macross/

If that happens I might consider anime dead as, after everything thing thats happened over the last 15 years, that would be a true middle finger to Anime and Macross fans 😹 😹 😹 😹

Back