UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Yet they have plenty of time to post random shite on twitter!

To be frank, it's most likely an automated system they're using for marketing tweets planned in advance, compared to having an actual employee live tweeting the promotional stuff.

Nowadays it doesnt take a lot, as it seems all uk customer services are total trash, see why so many collapse with such dire services and no updates to show for it
I expect the Chief Marketing Officer leaving AL the month before Christmas has probably played some part in the absolute pathetic display we’ve seen lately.

It appears Great Pretender pre-orders are blocked for US customers via Anime Limited’s shop.
The US has had this set up for preorder for a few weeks so thats not much of a problem.

Likely done because both AL and Shout worked on the release so only fair they dont take sales away from each other

The US has had this set up for preorder for a few weeks so thats not much of a problem.

Likely done because both AL and Shout worked on the release so only fair they dont take sales away from each other
Oh, I’m aware of why it’s happening. I just think it’s incredibly funny that To the Abandoned Secret Beasts isn’t blocked though it’s also available for pre-order in the US too.

Had an order shipped, what i orderd on 31st december which were 2 mvm items and yet still awaiting 5 orders to ship from beginnin of the sale, very baffled by how they work

Oh, I’m aware of why it’s happening. I just think it’s incredibly funny that To the Abandoned Secret Beasts isn’t blocked though it’s also available for pre-order in the US too.
Sacred Beasts is licensed by Crunchroll, all Anime Limited are doing is distributing it in the UK, US and Ireland. So they have no reason to restrict it

While Great Pretender is Licensed by Anime Limited but Shout Factory have distribution rights in the US. So Anime Limited would likely restrict sales to respect these conditions

If you want to buy a UK copy for any reason, you might be able to find a forwarding company that will send the set to the US.

Just like if anyone in the UK wants to buy Blurays direct from Crunchyroll or Sentai, they have to find a forwarding company

Has Harmonie been actually released?
It was listed as Dec 18, but site still says "pre-order" and I haven't found anyone posting pictures or shipping notices.

Back