Your viewing journal

Since I'm on shift I've only made time to watch the latest of violet evergarden and killing bites. something about killing bites though, it's good, it puts me in the mind of the old bloody roar games, but in some of the latest episodes now are threatening to fall apart with fan service. Here's a mild spoiler, poemish thing for the last ep:
Oh anime, why are you trying to get away with saying something vaguely shaped like a penis isn't a penis?
I have one myself, all I have to do is look down to know what one looks like.
Why are you showing me such a thing uncensored?
Are you saying I've watched enough hentai?
Are you saying I'm as bad as the cobra?
What has been peened can not be unpeened

I guess things got a little berserk there. * shoots a knowing grin that the joke didn't land, with the sound of a distorted clang in the background*

On a dandier note, I rewatched space dandy last week and it was as dandy as ever, baby!

Since I'm on shift I've only made time to watch the latest of violet evergarden and killing bites. something about killing bites though, it's good, it puts me in the mind of the old bloody roar games, but in some of the latest episodes now are threatening to fall apart with fan service. Here's a mild spoiler, poemish thing for the last ep:
Oh anime, why are you trying to get away with saying something vaguely shaped like a penis isn't a penis?
I have one myself, all I have to do is look down to know what one looks like.
Why are you showing me such a thing uncensored?
Are you saying I've watched enough hentai?
Are you saying I'm as bad as the cobra?
What has been peened can not be unpeened

I guess things got a little berserk there. * shoots a knowing grin that the joke didn't land, with the sound of a distorted clang in the background*

On a dandier note, I rewatched space dandy last week and it was as dandy as ever, baby!
IMG_1208.GIF
Dandy certainly approves, baby!

Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens (Episode 6)

Another fun episode. We've been introduced to a new character, a female assassin, who has some history with Banba. The Niwaka Samurai and ninja dude seem to have respect for one another.

Dagashi Kashi Season 2 (Episode 6)

What is this!? An actual plot in my dagashi advertisement anime!? Seriously though i'm liking it. The manager of the convenience store has to be related to Hotaru. He has her crazy eyes, he's obsessed with convenience stores the way she is with Dagashi shops, and he's interested in Coconuts. It's strange that season one's episodes were 20+ minutes long, and this seasons are only 13 minutes long. This season would've benefited more from the longer episodes since it's actually telling a story now.

DARLING in the FRANXX (Episode 6)

A fantastic episode! Probably this shows best episode so far. We got a lot of action this episode, and it was glorious. We also got nice character moments, like with Hiro and Ichigo at the beginning (and she ends up sibling-zoning herself), and at the end with Hiro and Zero Two. Goro is such a bro, seriously he's such a likable character and a good friend. Hiro finally has a motivation for fighting, him and Zero Two are so adorable together! I like that they cut out the OP and ED's this episode so we could get more content, that's when you know it's going to get serious. This episode feels like the end of the first arc, which was establishing the world and it's characters. I'm exited for next episode to see where it goes next.

Darling in the FranXX episode 6 A satisfying end to the first arc.

Pop Team Epic episode 7 The two dudes with the flipboards were pretty entertaining. The Undertale bit was funny too. This is one of the better episodes, though it still wasn't that memorable.

The Ancient Magus' Bride episode 19 Auctions in anime/manga make for great set pieces. Probably one of the best episodes so far.

Amanchu! episodes 1-12/OVA (Complete. Upyo! Upyo! Upyo! Seriously though this was a great SoL with likeable characters, gorgeous animation and a throughly pleasant atmosphere. Can't wait for season 2.) 4/5

Animatrix (Film) This is a series of shorts that start with some that I found to be a bit underexplained and containing that unsubtle commentary/somewhat pretentious direction that The Matrix films themselves had. However the others were creative, stylish and entertaining.

Most of the shorts I liked were the ones that explored the idea of The Matrix more effectively than the films themselves did. Overall this is decent, though it's the sum of the parts rather than the whole package. 3.5/5

Myriad colours phantom world - wherever I was (5?)-11

Best line taken out of context- episodes 11- “Well, do you want to play with me?”. What a rude question indeed.

After the Rain (Japanese audio) - Episode 6
BEATLESS Intermission (Japanese audio) - Episode 1
Killing Bites (Japanese audio) - Episode 6
KOKKOKU: Moment by Moment (Japanese audio) - Episode 7

Fate/Apocrypha (English Dub) episodes 1 - 4
Kakegurui (English Dub) episodes 1 - 4

Ancient Magus Bride (Subbed) episode 19
Citrus (Subbed) episode 7
Darling in the FranXX (Subbed) episode 6
Seven Deadly Sins: Revival of the Commandments (Subbed) episode 6

Chobits eps 7-10
Yep, something definitely going to happen. The opening to episode 7 was hilarious.

And boy is the OP catchy as hell
Oh-oh, oh-oh, yeah,
Oh-oh, oh-oh, yeah,
Let me be with you,
Oh-oh, oh-oh, yeah,
Oh-oh, oh-oh, yeah,
Dakishimetainoni

Anthem of the Heart (rewatch)
For research purposes. If only research was this interesting in real life, I'd be a doctor by now instead of just a BSc.
"Watashi no Koe Sayonara" (to the tune of Green Sleaves) gets me every time!

Last edited:
Well looks I made the right call dropping Evergarden judging from some comments the first two episodes were terrible in the sense of setting the show up for the audience it feel like they were treating it as if we were already clued in on everything.

Anyway not much anime this past few days but:

citrus #4

Was it me or what Yuzu hotter in the opening few episodes? That black jacket in the middle of the episode look was kinda cute though.

CCS #4

The classroom reaction has me laughing ha!

Dragon Ball Super #128

An emotionally satisfying episode, it seems everyone's arcs are coming to a close as we head to the end of the series.

Anohana: The Flower we saw that Day episodes 1-11 (Complete. This is an effective drama dealing with emotional grief, loss and the effects it has on those who grow up with it. Each of the five MCs have their own problems to overcome, brought about by the death of Menma, and the anime takes time to show how flawed and broken they've become.

Jintan becomes a shut in introvert, Naruko becomes an easily influenced teen who hangs around with unlikeable people, Atsumu dressed up like Menma and runs around the woods, and Chiriko becomes cold, somewhat spiteful and stuck up. Only Tetsudo seems to be in one piece, though he has guilt about seeing the actual tragedy take place, and tries over-enthusiastically to aid wherever he can.

As the narrative progresses, we see them develop and admit their flaws ands secrets, with a rather gut wrenching ending. Overall this was a great anime, though the film was pretty much just a hodge lodge of the most emotional moments with very little of new material to watch.) 4/5 (Series) 2/5 (Film)

Dragon Ball Super 128- Lovin Vegeta.
Boruto- 29-31
Samurai Champloo(Dub)13-14 Good as usual.Interesting to see a bit more of Mugen's backstory.
The Garden Of Words(Sub)- Nice but not really my thing. Can't really explain it.
Your Name(Sub) - Same as what I said about the entry above but got somewhat confusing.
Gintama 347-348 Funny as usual.

Back