The General Conversation Area

Then looks up currency: 1€=0,91GBP.
... When and why did the GBP drop yet again? oo Something happened with the Brexit, or does that have to do with the same stuff that caused the Dollar to drop against the Euro?
It's because of the growing market expectations that the Bank of England is unlikely to raise interest rates over the coming months due to Brexit-related risks and business uncertainty.

Anyone else's postie like super unreliable, just last week I left home to go Uni around 2 and saw him as I was walking down at the bottom of the road. At work there is a Post Office centre literally down the road yet they usually comes as late as like 3pm! I remember before whenever you ordered something that came via RM you know it'd arrive as soon as you woke up! But now I try and click and connect when possible.

Anyone else's postie like super unreliable, just last week I left home to go Uni around 2 and saw him as I was walking down at the bottom of the road. At work there is a Post Office centre literally down the road yet they usually comes as late as like 3pm! I remember before whenever you ordered something that came via RM you know it'd arrive as soon as you woke up! But now I try and click and connect when possible.
Yeah...we get our post anytime between 10-3. I have a heart attack when it's early.

Postmen have rounds that they usually do in the same order each day. They generally reach the same spot at roughly the same time each day, but when that time is varies a lot from place to place.

I write something, read over again and again and everything seems good, a day later I read the same writing and I see spelling mistakes everywhere, why does my brain always fail and embarrass me, we're supposed to be on the same side.

Not sure if best thread for this but has anyone seen the new Star Wars Ultimate Collectors Millennium Falcon?

It looks absolutely awesome. Given the old Falcon UCS set is going for like £5k new the £650 price tag on this new one even looks like a bargain.

Relevant links for anyone that is interested;

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Millennium-Falcon-75192

The new 7,541-piece Lego Millennium Falcon is the biggest and most expensive set ever

And a photo because... well...

There was a huge ass spider in the bathroom yesterday, it keeps showing up in the same spot at night and now it's gone, I'm paranoid, help.

There was a huge ass spider in the bathroom yesterday, it keeps showing up in the same spot at night and now it's gone, I'm paranoid, help.

It's probably a house spider. They look horrible but they're harmless. There are no dangerous spiders native to the UK even if you do occasionally get newspaper rubbish about false widows (it's complicated but the horror stories you see are usually a very rare allergic reaction to cytotoxic venom which most spiders don't have).

House spiders are very docile and I've never been bitten handling one even if they do look scary, this time of year you'll see them more as they're looking to breed. It's best just to scoop it into a cup, slide a bit of card over and dump it out the window.

Most UK spiders will break their fangs on biting a human so its very much a last resort like a bee stinging, some can be a bit aggressive though but only if handled, they won't come after you.

I've been bitten in the past, it itches and can be a little sore but it's only like a stinging nettle puncture, it just looks a bit more horrible (like a bad spot.)

My OH is terrified of spiders too, I get a lot of them in my property so I'm constantly hearing screams and having to remove them.

Yeah that's the thing, they're super delicate and beautiful but there's just something innate about them that just terrifies me, I think how fast they are is a major reason, you have your eye on one and as soon as you look away they're gone and I don't know where on earth it's gone. If they stay in one place I'm usually fine with them, like there's always one in the corner of the shower and I'm fine, but if it moves I'll probably slip and kill myself. I don't kill them, I just wish that they'd stay in their own corner, or at least pay rent. I guess eating bugs is their way of paying...just don't scurry into my bed please :(

Well I had to log on now to report that the main boot hard drive in the refurbished PC I got last year just decided to hose itself with over 500 bad sectors rendering it as slow a garbage and barely able to boot into windows and even when it does, it just stops working after a while, so I might just try to retrieve what I can from it and start afresh with a faster hard drive or I might just take out all the upgrades and put them into the dell and turn that into the gaming system (thank goodness that the toshiba hasn't been affected).

It feels like everything is trying to kill me today o_O. First my pull up bar fell on my head and it's a big heavy thing with 2 bars so now I have a nice lump. Then my tumble drier, which hasn't been drying so well lately, started smoking and was too hot to touch on the rear so I had to unplug it, and run a fan over it to try and keep it from catching fire. After all that I decided to settle down and have a cuppa but my newish (2 months) kettle refused to click off when it was boiling, filling my kitchen with steam.

So now i have to replace the kettle (last time I buy cheap rubbish from Tesco, this is the 2nd to do it.) and install a new element in the tumble. I'm impressed with the tumble though as it's only a table top model and the element has lasted 7 years which is pretty good. I should probably replace the thermostat while I'm at it too as I can pick one up for under £5.

Wonder what'll try next; I feel like I'm stuck in that crappy film series Final Destination(s).

Back