The General Conversation Area

My Uncle goes there alot, the photo's make it look like a really nice place. Apart from living in Germany for abit I've never left the UK, in fact it's rare I get off the Isle of Wight actually lol
You should pop on over to Gosport to meet.

I was lucky that my dad was in the army as I've lived in Cyprus and Hong Kong. Plus I went to Belgium when I was at school.

I didn't know Kawaii also had connotations of weakness and helplessness and disability, and that's how people acting kawaii will sometimes try to behave. It was startling for me, because I am one of the weakest and most helpless people I know. I'm pretty sure a few Japanese people have said kawaii to me during moments when the depths of my pathetic inabilities were revealed, and I never understood why because my face is NOT cute sadly, but now I get it. When I made this discovery I also looked down to find I was wearing my Cookie Monster tee. I am a proper Kawaii person, but I also feel I can relate to the Ganguro as well (maybe that's just because my face is a similar shade?). Sorry for these ramblings, but I feel like I've just found my kindred soul people. But perhaps sadly too late....how many Kawaii/Ganguros still rocking strong and steady past the age of their mid twenties am I going to find in London? Maybe I'm just chasing a fantasy like usual.

But perhaps sadly too late....how many Kawaii/Ganguros still rocking strong and steady past the age of their mid twenties am I going to find in London?
Worry not! For all we know, the Japan Foundation could be preparing an exhibition on that very topic. Plus, there is always a plenitude of avant garde art galleries in which that sort of material might appear.

I had the dentist today and I have to get two fillings and a composite (apparently just a white filling, I didn't know that when he said it but now I do I'm gonna ask to pay for all white), pretty annoyed about it tbh as I've never had a filling before and I like to think I take good care of my teeth but apparently not good enough. ;-;

Last edited:
'Tis the cruel whim of fortune, Buzzkillington. Virtuous our habits may be, though our teeth fall foul of dentists' favour by their own accord entirely.

Worry not! For all we know, the Japan Foundation could be preparing an exhibition on that very topic. Plus, there is always a plenitude of avant garde art galleries in which that sort of material might appear.

Ah the Japan Foundation is probably too Japanese government funded to give the realness on these things. But I hope there are some galleries or something about this stuff, I would defo be there. @Owly, wicked, I fully salute and admire you for having the braveness to keep rocking the style you like, even if it flies in the face of convention.

The disappointment of discovering something you want has gone out of print over the last few months and is now 10x what it normally cost is still so painful.

Mate, I know it's of small consolation, but take heart in the fact that that something wasn't a decade old statue of Vash the Stampede that you ended up selling your soul for.

So today I have officially returned to University. It's been 16 months since I last visited the area so it's been a while. My new accommodation so far is pretty solid, my flat is pretty big compared to the previous two and the internet is so far very positive - I have a 50Mb/s wireless connection with the console being able to connect without any extra fees. The wired port is a bit strange and my laptop didn't seem to recognise it so I asked the reception and he was happy to contact support for me to see what's up. Apparently it's a new box of sorts for the flat.

The only issue I have at the moment is that the sink's red tap is not working properly; the position is incorrect and the top part won't close properly so as a result the water is dripping and not sealed. It's only a minor issue but it looks like it'll get worse as times passes by.

Well done Norm! University libraries are a precious place!

I swear, the time is right for bouncing back. I've wasted so many years on a downward spirals, but from here on I'm kicking all that to the curb. The weather has been so boom too so un-English.

And on that bombshell, I find my post count has reached 3000 for the second time on this forum! Those not au fait with recent events would be most confounded by such a happening.

I had a dream about a thunderstorm! It segued quite naturally into me being mostly awake, listening to the real thunderstorm outside. My slumber was akin to a less eventful Satoshi Kon film.

I was awoke by a god damn helicopter cutting about my area at like 3am and it didn't bugger off til about the back of 4 >_> I sincerely hope whoever it was looking for catches the clap.

Last edited:
Found out that upon finshing Uni. My promise of being exempt from exams has been kept buuuut I need to pay for then like I'm actually sitting them eurgh. 9 exams at £72 each IIRC. /:

On top of that I need to take 5 exams and would have to be extra to be tutored or save cash and teach myself.

They really want to put people off further education huh?

Found out that upon finshing Uni. My promise of being exempt from exams has been kept buuuut I need to pay for then like I'm actually sitting them eurgh. 9 exams at £72 each IIRC. /:

On top of that I need to take 5 exams and would have to be extra to be tutored or save cash and teach myself.

They really want to put people off further education huh?

Which course did you take?

Which course did you take?
Accounting! The post Uni exams are to become chartered, it is optional but the course gave you 9/14 exemptions for those so it's kind of pointless not to persue it.

But yeah them saying you need to pay your exemptions before you can sit the other 5 exams is a massive middle finger especially since they wait until final year to tell you when they know you're in to deep.

Then on top of all that I need to pay of my Uni fees, though that ain't so bad since they'll take it slowly when I get a perm job above 15k a year I think.

That's the norm. Even at Uni if you're exempt from certain modules/subjects due to work experience, you don't receive a discount on your tuition fees (which are charged by QCF credits you study per year) so you still pay as if you studied said subject. Also, if you did a placement year, some places will charge you £1000 to have them recognise it on your final transcript.

Back