Recent content by Just Passing Through

  1. Just Passing Through

    Favourite Video Game based on an anime?

    What came first, the anime or the game? Depending on the answer I'm saying Bang Dream Girls Band Party. I like a bit of rhythm matching and unpaid Gachas. Otherwise the answer is too depressing given how long it's been since I've seriously gamed. Because then the answer is U.N Squadron from US...
  2. Just Passing Through

    UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

    Some anime 4Ks in the 2 for £30 at Rarewaves, and this week they have their end of month 10% off deal as well on top. Titles like Evangelion 3.00 + 1.111 Millennium Actress Your Name One Piece Film Red Final Fantasy The Spirits Within...
  3. Just Passing Through

    General anime thoughts/discussion thread.

    Having a rewatch of Welcome to the Ballroom, I still think it would have been nice if they’d animated the dancing. As it is, all that sticks out still is a perspective shifting slideshow of freeze frames of people with demented grins.
  4. Just Passing Through

    UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

    Most UK anime DVDs up to 2010 (Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood Part 2) were PAL with blended frames playing at the correct speed with compromised visuals. Pretty much any ADV (who went bust before that) DVD will be like that; 24 fps stretched into 25 fps. After that, the UK and AU anime distros...
  5. Just Passing Through

    The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

    Saudi Arabia funding a DBZ manga theme park near Paris… Manga-inspired theme park to be built near Paris I guess they got bored with golf.
  6. Just Passing Through

    The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

    Sentai and Acorn remind me of Funimation and Revelation. It’s a good idea in principle to bring things under one corporate umbrella so to speak, but if one spoke of the umbrella lacks the reach, the presence and the customer engagement, then it becomes a false economy.
  7. Just Passing Through

    UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

    There is an episode (I think ep 8), where the molestee is being molested by two underage boys. That’s hard to justify under any ratings regime in the modern day.
  8. Just Passing Through

    UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

    I’m sure I said the Kawajiri anime Highlander was the second best in the franchise. I watched the French Canadian animated series in the nineties when it was broadcast in the kids slot on BBC1. It wasn’t exactly decapitations at tea time.
  9. Just Passing Through

    UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

    Now I feel compelled to save you from this. No action show should have a protagonist named Quentin.
  10. Just Passing Through

    UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

    This week's MVM Deal of the Week is The Girl in Twilight for £7.99. https://www.anime-on-line.com/2964-Deal-of-the-Week Well worth picking up IMO
  11. Just Passing Through

    General anime thoughts/discussion thread.

    Does anyone else hear the Match of the Day theme in elements of background music in Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple?
  12. Just Passing Through

    Ideas for anime that don't yet exist but should

    I take it you’ve seen Otogi Zoshi? The extra features on the DVDs are worth the price of entry, especially Season 1 with its Heian era history lectures.
  13. Just Passing Through

    UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

    Oddity with The Girl Who Leapt Through Time Blu-ray in the UHD set. There’s a scene around the 1:12:00 mark with time frozen where the characters are wandering around a crosswalk. The dialogue maxes out the surround here. On the Manga releases, there was a problem with the dialogue in the rear...
  14. Just Passing Through

    The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

    Received The Girl Who Leapt Through Time... again, for the fourth time. Let's see what 4K does for it.
Back
Top