UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

They're all available... I guess. Meaning most of them were on sale. I only added INU-OH and Gunbuster, but both are already released. But I ordered on Sunday, so maybe they'll ship any moment.

Last edited:
Ascendance of a Bookworm postponded some more (not really a surprise):

"You're receiving this email as you've placed an order for the Ascendance of a Bookworm Collector's Edition from our AllTheAnime.com store.

We're contacting you to let you know that unfortunately the release date of this item has been moved to November 27th, 2023.

Sadly, due to delays with receipt of the Blu-ray masters for this title which are entirely beyond our control, this has necessitated us moving this release to the date mentioned above to allow sufficient time for these delays to be resolved. We're as frustrated at this additional delay as we imagine you will be, and please rest assured that we're working tirelessly to complete production of this product as soon as possible. Needless to say, your order will ship as soon as completed stock arrives at our fulfilment centre, and we apologise for the further disappointment."

One step closer to them offering an early-bird price during the Christmas sale two years in a row!
I know the policy wasn't in place then but if it were, my December 2022 order wouldn't ship until the end of November 2023.

That's pretty ridiculous considering when I ordered it, the original date was what, March? Having my entire order be held back because of a 8 month delay would be maddening.

Yeah, that's the last straw for me - I'm contacting AL and cancelling all my remaining Christmas 2022 pre-orders - for Ascendance of a Bookworm CE, Nadia UE, and Tower of God UE. Way too many dang delays. Forget me placing any pre-orders during any future Holiday sales, either. They've pretty much lost my pre-order business for good, now. I'll wait until any CEs are in stock and pick them up on sale some other time.

EDIT: So unfortunately AL got lucky with these three pre-orders from me. The credit card I used to purchase these was cancelled earlier this year due to theft and fraudulent charges, so I can't have my payment refunded back to the card. So I'll just have to let these sit it out to release. Definitely no more pre-orders from AL for me, though.

Last edited:
I think Nadia will be released on October 2nd. It was already on pre-order again, they have the approved cover. I think it will work. But I don't have the same optimism with Tower of God, because there is still "not final" and there was no re-pre-order.

I think Nadia will be released on October 2nd. It was already on pre-order again, they have the approved cover. I think it will work. But I don't have the same optimism with Tower of God, because there is still "not final" and there was no re-pre-order.

All three of the titles I'm waiting for are in one order from the Christmas Sale, and since AL now holds shipment until everything comes in stock before they will ship an order, I will now have to wait until November 27th at the earliest for all of them to ship - and who knows how much further out Tower of God is going to be delayed...

If Anime Limited can't guarantee a products release within 1-3 months of the pre-order going live, they shouldn't be putting it up for Early Bird then.

All three of the titles I'm waiting for are in one order from the Christmas Sale, and since AL now holds shipment until everything comes in stock before they will ship an order, I will now have to wait until November 27th at the earliest for all of them to ship - and who knows how much further out Tower of God is going to be delayed...

It's the same for me as well. Bloody infuriating.

In my eyes, It wouldn't be so bad if AL didn't charge for pre-orders until they are getting ready to be dispatched. Similar to Amazon.

Agree with this 100%

Last edited:
The only way AL could possibly even appease me now with all their mega-delays of CE titles is if they were to announce a release for a Collector's Edition of We Rent Tsukumogami right away, which they've had the licence for the past 3 or 4 years but still haven't given us a physical copy of. They last told me it was definitely in the works but that was almost a year ago, now. Zzzz!

LET'S GO ALREADY, @anime_andrew, @Hanners - We Rent Tsukumogami! We Rent Tsukumogami! We Rent Tsukumogami!

tsukumogamib2.jpg

tsukumogami2b2.jpg

Last edited:
Garden of Words sent by UP yesterday. Arrived today.

Silver Spoon "sent" by AtA on Monday, RM tracking says they're still waiting for it.

I hate ordering direct from AL. I'm going to miss UP so much 😭
There are many reason we will miss UP after this year, as I was told by them the other day, they're still going to be about, just not doing the same things as the market has changed to such an extent, that it isn't viable any longer, plus they want to relax a little, they're not a young as they once were.

There are many reason we will miss UP after this year, as I was told by them the other day, they're still going to be about, just not doing the same things as the market has changed to such an extent, that it isn't viable any longer, plus they want to relax a little, they're not a young as they once were.
It really is a shame. The majority of my anime purchasing nowadays is monthly Discotek titles from UP ever since Crunchyroll ruined the UK physical market.

I've been forcasting this all along, it's really disgusting that they have had to set the release date to only a few days before the beginning of the 2023 Christmas Sale. I'm almost positive Tower of God UE will very soon follow with the same delay, as both sets have been moved in tandem to the same delayed date at least 4 times already.

Back