UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

When did Funimation ever release a LE for a movie? Especially for one that is tied to an anime series?

Regarding the lenticular cover variant: I wouldn't be surprised if this would get a store-exclusive release (e.g. HMV or Zavvi)
Cough
Screenshot_20221216_201216_Chrome.jpg

When did Funimation ever release a LE for a movie? Especially for one that is tied to an anime series?

Regarding the lenticular cover variant: I wouldn't be surprised if this would get a store-exclusive release (e.g. HMV or Zavvi)
Funimation have released a number of LEs for movies along with ones tied to series, for example Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution: Anemone and the Free! Movies. Just because they might not do LEs often doesn't mean they can't do one. After all Japan got one and it would of been nice to get one for the movie as well especially since it was extreamly popular.

Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution had no Funi LE, that was Anime Ltd.
I never said "Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution" I said "Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution: Anemone". Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution: Anemone did get an LE from funi while Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution didn't. I recommend reading my post over again. Regardless this conversation has devolved into nothing productive so I am going to end it here.

Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution had no Funi LE, that was Anime Ltd.
I never said "Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution" I said "Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution: Anemone". Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution: Anemone did get an LE from funi while Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution didn't.
If you’re referring to the North American release Funimation put out in March 2020, I’d say their effort barely registers as an LE. It received an o-ring slip box over top a slipcover and it also included a film strip. Outside of those amenities, it looks virtually identical to the first film’s release (in North America.)

09304896-5522-4793-83-CA-9-D3-FEE7-F1-BC6.jpg

(Not my image.)
4-A7554-AE-9-DFE-49-FC-94-DC-5963-C0-BF7-F19.jpg

Crunchyroll/Manga has the series across more discs, has Japanese surround audio, and a lot more in the way of extra features including the shorts (Kaze’s R2 was completely barebones). For some reason, the Manga release misses the ep 25 audio commentary which the Kaze S1 release has, but that is the sole advantage the Kaze release has.

Definitely go Manga on this one.

EDIt: Forgot to mention better subtitling too. Kaze's release often doesn't translate on screen text.

Last edited:
Crunchyroll/Manga has the series across more discs, has Japanese surround audio, and a lot more in the way of extra features including the shorts (Kaze’s R2 was completely barebones). For some reason, the Manga release misses the ep 25 audio commentary which the Kaze S1 release has, but that is the sole advantage the Kaze release has.

Definitely go Manga on this one.

EDIt: Forgot to mention better subtitling too. Kaze's release often doesn't translate on screen text.
The Kaze set is badly formatted too with no resume feature and if you play an individual episode it bumps you back to the menu afterwards instead of auto playing the next episode.

Bit of a weird question but did anyone get the standard GitS 4K and did it come with a slipcover? If so any chance of pics?

From what I remember the steelbook was in a rigid case but the std was just a barebones but weirdly I saw a std one for sale with a slip.

Received Akira 4k today, the glue dots were so strong it damaged the case, Amazon sent me a new one. Are all of them like this?
Yep I think there was just a point were they just used overly strong glue compared to normal though for various titles. Titles I can think of with that issue are Cannon Busters CE and BOFURI CE, but there were certainly others.
Even if you managed to get them off with out a tear you could often be left with air bubbles on the art box. I did see someone mention using a hair drier to warm up the glue dots to help but personally not tried it yet and obviously I would still be gentle/careful removing.

That was a huge surprise especially when I just got them.

I have small hope for seeing a UK release for Haruhi, Index III, Railgun T, Accelerator, Golden Kamuy S3, Shana ( MVM licence has expired) and Tokyo Ravens (10 year anniversary)

Would be laughing if they suddenly decided to being Haganai 😛

That was a huge surprise especially when I just got them.

I have small hope for seeing a UK release for Haruhi, Index III, Railgun T, Accelerator, Golden Kamuy S3, Shana ( MVM licence has expired) and Tokyo Ravens (10 year anniversary)

Would be laughing if they suddenly decided to being Haganai 😛
I'd be shocked if I saw Tokyo Ravens appear. I imported that one ages back as it didn't seem to gain much traction at the time.

So before I start hounding the tech guys over at Crunchyroll.

Just got a pop-up asking for my preference for language for videos.

But the problem now is I can't see or select between English and Japanese.

Is this a glitch and are other people experiencing this? (I'm on the website if that helps)

So before I start hounding the tech guys over at Crunchyroll.

Just got a pop-up asking for my preference for language for videos.

But the problem now is I can't see or select between English and Japanese.

Is this a glitch and are other people experiencing this? (I'm on the website if that helps)
as mentioned above, for some videos they have merged the pages and just the episode of the show is selected, you can set a default choice of audio but if you want to manually switch it's on the video player itself
unka2.png

Back