Wait a sec, reread some of this. Strange/Fake is a prequel to Prototype?
Now you have me questioning it lol. Well unless something has changed since I last looked into it I believe it is? The protagonist is the same person and there are a few other connections but since I haven't read it, it's 2nd hand information. So make of that as you will. There is a possibility I am wrong here and spreading out of date information for which I apologise.

EDIT:

Doesn't quite clear it up but there was a reddit post translating one of Nasu's old blog entries which hints that it might be it's own thing instead.

Nasu's blog April 15th 2017 clarified the differences between nasuverse worlds.​

people were thinking that his works set in the same universe but it's only true on the basic level.

Fate: Human history strong -> heroic spirits can be summoned as servants, therefore the servants (human history) take the spotlight.

Tsukihime: Human history <censored> -> heroic spirits can't be summoned as servants, therefore the dead apostles (antithesis of human history) take the spotlight.

Because of this difference, Fate Roa still turned into a DA but didn't become a DAA since a certain meeting did not happen. He is also weaker compare to Tsukihime Roa for obvious reason.

Strange Fake is neither, it is mixed of those two and is something similar to FGO.

Last edited:
Now you have me questioning it lol. Well unless something has changed since I last looked into it I believe it is? The protagonist is the same person and there are a few other connections but since I haven't read it, it's 2nd hand information. So make of that as you will. There is a possibility I am wrong here and spreading out of date information for which I apologise.

EDIT:

Doesn't quite clear it up but there was a reddit post translating one of Nasu's old blog entries which hints that it might be it's own thing instead.
The protagonist being the same is odd, but I do remember the similarities there. But it wouldn't quite make sense with the completely different Gil. I know Grand Order plays loose with that but the one likely to be summoned is the heroic spirit of that history. Alternative histories don't tend to have a catalyst, so I can't see how he could be summoned if it was in the same timeline.

Based on that blog post, it would have to be some other distinct worldline to have produced the different Gil.

The protagonist being the same is odd, but I do remember the similarities there. But it wouldn't quite make sense with the completely different Gil. I know Grand Order plays loose with that but the one likely to be summoned is the heroic spirit of that history. Alternative histories don't tend to have a catalyst, so I can't see how he could be summoned if it was in the same timeline.

Based on that blog post, it would have to be some other distinct worldline to have produced the different Gil.
Well strictly speaking you don't NEED a catalyst to summon a heroic spirit. The catalysts purpose is to get you a servant that has ties to it, otherwise it's pot luck with whom you will get. The Holy Grail itself does the summoning through the magus. Rin attempted to get her servant this way, but she just so happened to have the perfect catalyst to summon Shirou Emiya with her pendant.

Ah good old world lines keeping us on our toes. It was just last year that we found out that Fate/Stay Night was probably, quite likely, almost certainly on the same world line as Garden of Sinners. Or that one FGO event that perfectly synched up to the world line of Fate/Extra making both canon to each other. It's fun to follow lol.

Well strictly speaking you don't NEED a catalyst to summon a heroic spirit. The catalysts purpose is to get you a servant that has ties to it, otherwise it's pot luck with whom you will get. The Holy Grail itself does the summoning through the magus. Rin attempted to get her servant this way, but she just so happened to have the perfect catalyst to summon Shirou Emiya with her pendant.

Ah good old world lines keeping us on our toes. It was just last year that we found out that Fate/Stay Night was probably, quite likely, almost certainly on the same world line as Garden of Sinners. Or that one FGO event that perfectly synched up to the world line of Fate/Extra making both canon to each other. It's fun to follow lol.
True, but it would be harder to see that the summoning ritual would fall back to a different world line's heroic spirit before its own. Sure it might have a record of it, but for humans that belong to a particular worldline it can be argued that they would have ties to all heroic spirits in a very very minor way, purely from being in the same worldline, whereas one from a different worldline has no tie to the individual on the same level. Maybe if they were a perfect match, to the point there was no other candidate possible amongst the heroic spirits of that world line. But of course this could all change at the drop of a hat if Nasu introduces a mechanic that says, "Yeah, that can happen and it happens like this".

That Seraph end was the perfect mix of fun and storytelling too. Definitely one of the best collab events they ever did.

Well strictly speaking you don't NEED a catalyst to summon a heroic spirit. The catalysts purpose is to get you a servant that has ties to it, otherwise it's pot luck with whom you will get.
I'm surprised they haven't worked catalyst items into the FGO game summoning!
It was just last year that we found out that Fate/Stay Night was probably, quite likely, almost certainly on the same world line as Garden of Sinners. Or that one FGO event that perfectly synched up to the world line of Fate/Extra making both canon to each other.
Would you have any lore dumps on these links when you have time? Especially for GoS/Stay Night as I think I have a better understand of those storylines at least.
That Seraph end was the perfect mix of fun and storytelling too. Definitely one of the best collab events they ever did.
Fomo sadness :(

I'm surprised they haven't worked catalyst items into the FGO game summoning!
What and ruin the gacha? :p
Would you have any lore dumps on these links when you have time? Especially for GoS/Stay Night as I think I have a better understand of those storylines at least.
Would lore speculation work?

Basically what we know as fact is that the author for El-Melloi tweeted that under Nasu's word he had to rework some dates for events which involved Touko as they conflicted with events in Garden of Sinners. As we know that El-Melloi is Canon to F/SN the guy essentially and inadvertantly confirmed that this was a shared world line.

My personal speculation that came out of this, is that this is an explaination for why Garden of Sinners world doesn't have any Dead Apostles, and how the Mystic eyes of death percpeption have another user when that should be impossible.

The Fate/Extra and FGO connection includes a SE.RA.PH spoiler so remind me and I'll talk about it once it get's it's next rerun :)

Last edited:
What and ruin the gacha? :p
Heheh bloody gacha, I've been having gacha withdrawals since the grail front event but am very proud of myself for holding back from Gudaguda temptation and then even more temptation from the current Gilgamesh banner!
My personal speculation that came out of this, is that this is an explaination for why Garden of Sinners world doesn't have any Dead Apostles, and how the Mystic eyes of death percpeption have another user when that should be impossible.
Ah very interesting, heard of dead apostles from reading around Tsukihime but didn't know those mystic eyes are only as one set in any one universe at a time.
The Fate/Extra and FGO connection includes a SE.RA.PH spoiler so remind me and I'll talk about it once it get's it's next rerun :)
RERUN RERUN RERUN! (he shouts whilst mimicking his 5-year-old...)

Ah very interesting, heard of dead apostles from reading around Tsukihime but didn't know those mystic eyes are only as one set in any one universe at a time.
To be precise. The mystic eyes of death perception have such a strict requirement for anyone to feasibly have them in the first place that the odds of even one person is universally tiny. Users of these mystic eyes are directly linked to the root and can see the deathlines of the world, they can bring anything an absolute death by simply tracing over those lines. Two users just cannot happen no matter what.

Arcdead.jpg

arcbetter.jpg

Last edited:
To be precise. The mystic eyes of death perception have such a strict requirement for anyone to feasibly have them in the first place that the odds of even one person is universally tiny. Users of these mystic eyes are directly linked to the root and can see the deathlines of the world, they can bring anything an absolute death by simply tracing over those lines. Two users just cannot happen no matter what.

Wow gruesome much! Ah hooray it takes a lot more than that to keep that one down heh.

am very proud of myself for holding back from Gudaguda temptation and then even more temptation from the current Gilgamesh banner!
Aaaaand I've just gone and bloody jinxed myself. There's a banner now for Jeanne Alter....neeeeiiiinnnn! I loved her and Altria Alter in Shinjuku so much so that I wanted to get both when their banners eventually came up, more even than my favourite Gilgamesh (though I do have the Caster variant of the latter which helped massively to resist the current Archer one's banner). Ah my, my willpower is weak, please tell me not to give in to temptation!

Wow gruesome much! Ah hooray it takes a lot more than that to keep that one down heh.

Aaaaand I've just gone and bloody jinxed myself. There's a banner now for Jeanne Alter....neeeeiiiinnnn! I loved her and Altria Alter in Shinjuku so much so that I wanted to get both when their banners eventually came up, more even than my favourite Gilgamesh (though I do have the Caster variant of the latter which helped massively to resist the current Archer one's banner). Ah my, my willpower is weak, please tell me not to give in to temptation!
You should go for who you want, just y'know in moderation. I just want Muramasa for example so I have no temptation.

Just commenting on this part but original Fate/Stay Night VN is just as bloody. The anime adaptations were quite clean in comparison lol.

1664300769577.png

Good luck on your pulls. If you feel you are going too far down the Gacha rabbit hole though I do implore you to take a break. The game isn't going anywhere :)

Good luck on your pulls. If you feel you are going too far down the Gacha rabbit hole though I do implore you to take a break. The game isn't going anywhere :)
Thanks dude, yes I'm trying to be good. There's this summoning simulator on gamepress which is actually very useful in showing the amount of monies it would cost, if one dared to start buying SQ, and thereby scaring the impulsive part of the brain into submission!

Just commenting on this part but original Fate/Stay Night VN is just as bloody. The anime adaptations were quite clean in comparison lol.

1664300769577.png
Ah man, I'm really hopeful the Fate VNs eventually make their way on our shores after the Mahoyo release. Interesting how the anime, especially Fate/Zero and also the Gilgamesh/Berser-car/Ilya showdown from UBW, still seemed just as bloody, without necessarily showing much blood and guts in comparison as you said.

I don't want to become that guy but I would spend any amount on a western release of the Tsukihime Remake before anything else. The story is just so fun and is severely underrated compared to the juggernaught that is Fate.

Or second best option would be maybe UFOtable will at least animate it for us after their Mahoyo movie is done, it's surprising that we never got a Tsukihime anime.

Yeah, Tsukihime feels/sounds (subconscious Nasu titling inspiration) like a very different beast from Fate so I do find it a real shame I haven't a chance to experience that through easy access means... Well, so far anyway as I remain hopeful heh. Looking forward to the Mahoyo stuff and hopefully enough Western Fate fans can pick those up to make it a good prospect for them to release more titles here. We live in hope. By the way, have you got the House in Fata Morgana VN? I've been playing that on switch recently and it's a really good horror-esque one that I thought you might enjoy, though you probably already know about it a lot better than me heh.

One thing I forgot to ask previously regarding FGO summoning: if there is a specific character you want to summon, should you always pick the days only they're rated up, or when they're rated up alongside another 5*? Meaning, does the overall chance of summoning a 5* double or stay the same by getting split between 2 characters thereby reducing the chance of one to make room for the other? I sort of assume the latter and pick specific days generally, but if it's the former, then I might as well try on days when at least if I don't get the desired 5* I may still have a higher chance of getting the other one as commiseration heh.

Yeah, Tsukihime feels/sounds (subconscious Nasu titling inspiration) like a very different beast from Fate so I do find it a real shame I haven't a chance to experience that through easy access means... Well, so far anyway as I remain hopeful heh. Looking forward to the Mahoyo stuff and hopefully enough Western Fate fans can pick those up to make it a good prospect for them to release more titles here. We live in hope. By the way, have you got the House in Fata Morgana VN? I've been playing that on switch recently and it's a really good horror-esque one that I thought you might enjoy, though you probably already know about it a lot better than me heh.

One thing I forgot to ask previously regarding FGO summoning: if there is a specific character you want to summon, should you always pick the days only they're rated up, or when they're rated up alongside another 5*? Meaning, does the overall chance of summoning a 5* double or stay the same by getting split between 2 characters thereby reducing the chance of one to make room for the other? I sort of assume the latter and pick specific days generally, but if it's the former, then I might as well try on days when at least if I don't get the desired 5* I may still have a higher chance of getting the other one as commiseration heh.
I actually haven't played that, but I'll give it a look on your recomendation :) is it the type of VN that has player decisions/flowcharts etc?

For rate up banners you ideally want the chosen character to be alone. The odds are the same to get a 5 star pull either way but you also add the uncertainty of getting the wrong character ontop of that. If there aren't any days in the banner when your character is by themselves then there is no difference.

For rate up banners you ideally want the chosen character to be alone. The odds are the same to get a 5 star pull either way but you also add the uncertainty of getting the wrong character ontop of that. If there aren't any days in the banner when your character is by themselves then there is no difference.
Good to know and I see what you mean, thanks dude.
I actually haven't played that, but I'll give it a look on your recomendation :) is it the type of VN that has player decisions/flowcharts etc?
Ah yes, I forgot to mention that there are minimal decisions so it's more like a story playthrough. I'm near the end of the game so there are a few decisions you get to make which influence the multiple endings, but if you are saving from chapter 5 onwards you can just get them all in one playthrough I believe. If you can read as understand Japanese I'm more than happy to post you my Japanese copy that I stupidly got from playasia expecting English subs but not getting any and then having to download the digital hand for the English version heh!

Back