UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

6 Movie series - just a shame we'll all have to wait till, what 2025/6 to watch it in it's entirety?

Yeah, what a crappy way to release basically Season 2 - I'm so chomping at the bit for all of them, as I just recently watched and fell in love with the series right when you guys had the CE set on Deal of the Week. Looks like it will be at least 6 months separating each movie, so yeah, end of 2024 at the very earliest. :(

Yeah, what a crappy way to release basically Season 2 - I'm so chomping at the bit for all of them, as I just recently watched and fell in love with the series right when you guys had the CE set on Deal of the Week. Looks like it will be at least 6 months separating each movie, so yeah, end of 2024 at the very earliest. :(
Same. Although I'm not sure the UK anime fans here would agree, I actually enjoyed the dub even if they were imitation British accents. I normally only watch subs.

Only thing that would have made it better would have been if they had cast authentic British VAs to play the parts.

Hopefully after Aria the Natural part 1, 2 and Aria the Origination have released we will also get releases of Aria the Crepuscolo and Aria the Benedizione. At present there's no Western releases of them at all.
Looks like these were only released last year, so it's possible a US dub is in the works and might get released/available to license next year.

Any chance of getting the dirty pair blue ray box set licenced for the UK.
Only the original OVA series and Flash have ever seen a UK release, the feature OVAs and TV series never has, so it would need BBFCing although the TV is only 26 ep so I could see somebody picking it up, not sure if it would sell well though as it's quite old now,
I'd love for somebody to release it in the UK, it would be either MVM or AL, depends who thinks it would do well or not.

I'm in the Dirty Pair Kickstarter too, even though it's probably not a series I'm all that interested in - Girls with Guns though, so I had to pledge!
Girls with Guns basically sums the show up nicely. It's kind of cyberpunk in it's setting and it's about 2 girls taking down different villains of the week while blowing stuff up.

My main issue of course would be just the amount of comedy in the series. I'm a huge fan of Girls with Guns serious drama series, but not so much at all with a Girls with Guns comedy series. I watched a couple of episodes, and at least I didn't completely give up on it - but I'm unsure if I will ever make it through the entire series... 😅

Girls with Guns basically sums the show up nicely. It's kind of cyberpunk in it's setting and it's about 2 girls taking down different villains of the week while blowing stuff up.
Don't you mean killing off entire populations it does happen in one episode they some how managed to blow up a whole planet.that happens often in the Adam Warren's dirty pair manga.

I almost have all the dirty pair manga by Adam Warren apart from the last one because I'm not paying £60+ for an out of print graphic novel.

Don't you mean killing off entire populations it does happen in one episode they some how managed to blow up a whole planet.that happens often in the Adam Warren's dirty pair manga.

I almost have all the dirty pair manga by Adam Warren apart from the last one because I'm not paying £60+ for an out of print graphic novel.

Nice are you an Empowered fan? I really like that series (also by Adam Warren, though tbf I've only read the first two volumes) :)

Back