UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

UP1 added Relative Worlds and it’s a much more reasonable £21.99
Will UP1 pay me £21.99 to rewatch this, or do I have to pay them?

I am remembering this film right,
the whole city gets ?nuked?, all citizens died and then the next scene no characters noticed or cared what happened and the movie just goes on, things happened then then movie ended

I'm still holding out hope for a surprise 0080 Early Bird/release before the year is out. It's a 6 episode OVA, it feels like we should have had it long before now.

It is the only one of the series to be restored in 4K, so I wonder if there are some behind-the-scenes negotiations going on to release it on 4K UHD? That's my wishful thinking....but it's more likely we'll just get a port of the Right Stuf discs

Definitely going to pick up Love Me, Love Me Not. I was wondering what had happened to that just the other day, so I’m glad it resurfaced.

Wouldn’t mind picking up Summer Ghost as well, but can’t justify both so will wait for the next time that’s on sale.

It is the only one of the series to be restored in 4K, so I wonder if there are some behind-the-scenes negotiations going on to release it on 4K UHD? That's my wishful thinking....but it's more likely we'll just get a port of the Right Stuf discs

Err by restored do you mean lovingly or sort of Crap shoot like thunderbolt ....

I'll probably get Nijigasaki. Was planning on switching over to the Japanese Love Live! BDs (already have 9th Anniversary Box + Sunshine movie), but Nijigasaki didn't do much for me.

Interested in Summer Ghost and Love Me, Love Me Not but dunno how much I'll be able to afford this month so may have to pick them up at a later date, would rather pre-order the Aria releases over anything else if I can.

The Love Live set looks great but I'm yet to watch or own any of the series so a skip on that for now.

I'll probably get Nijigasaki. Was planning on switching over to the Japanese Love Live! BDs (already have 9th Anniversary Box + Sunshine movie), but Nijigasaki didn't do much for me.
Might be worth a look at importing the Japanese BDs when the yen is this low. Last I checked, the entire set was hovering between 7-8K yen. That's around $48-$55 (£42-£48).

I imagine it'll get even lower in a few months.

Might be worth a look at importing the Japanese BDs when the yen is this low. Last I checked, the entire set was hovering between 7-8K yen. That's around $48-$55 (£42-£48).

I imagine it'll get even lower in a few months.
I see it for around 9K on suruga-ya. Not bad, but I don't like Nijigasaki that much, especially season 2. I'm looking into buying Superstar before the end of the year though.

I see it for around 9K on suruga-ya. Not bad, but I don't like Nijigasaki that much, especially season 2. I'm looking into buying Superstar before the end of the year though.
Yeah, I love Nijigasaki's music, but the anime is definitely the weakest of the bunch, especially season 2. Still getting the BDs for completionists sake but not one I'll be returning to often.

Sorry, I still don't know what you mean.

Anyway, the original film materials for 0080 War in the Pocket were scanned in 4K resolution. The resulting restoration has since been released on Blu-Ray in 1080p in Japan and the US. Like Future Boy Conan.

I figure the Masters for was in the pocket would be nice its just a shame theres no 4k release for it just a Scan ....

Love Me Love Me Not is a surprise. Saw a trailer ages back and did think it'd be interesting to watch and then forgot about it. I'll definitely be picking that up.

Also, no news on Jujutsu Kaisen part 2 yet?

This just adds fuel to the fire that Sunrise might move the Gundam license to Crunchyroll. Utterly fascinated as to what happened here that this isn't an AL release here.

It's hard not to get the feeling that after 7 years of barely priority releases questions are being asked.

I know it was traditionally thought that Gundam wasn't popular in the UK prior to AL getting the license for the franchise, but all their collectors editions seem to sell through pretty quickly, so its weird that the releases have become quite sporadic and it makes me wonder if its more an issue on the Sunrise/Bandai end than with AL.

I guess AL will have got a bit sheepish after the issues with the Seed Ultimate Edition and so they'd want to make sure Destiny was
absolutely perfect, but why that'd make them hesistant to just do a collectors edition of a different part of Gundam I don't know.

Back