Post your Monthly Manga Haul

Probably won't be able to post mine for a bit, I'm currently in the process of finally adding some (homemade since I had weird specifications) risers to my shelves so that they won't look so chaotic anymore... I still probably won't have enough space but at least I can try, I'm going for 3 tier risers... but really happy with this month's pickups!

Thanks! - I got a ”secondhand” bundle on a local site here in Denmark, which consisted of volumes 1-6, price came out to £6 each. I already had the first one, so the spare is going up for sale. I say “secondhand”, but the previous owner hadn’t even read them.
Ah nice, lucky find!

Here's my May stuff, managed a quieter month than usual (somehow). Physical haul May 2022.jpeg
Left pile top to bottom:
Fire in His Fingertips volume 3
Seaside Stranger volume 3
The Dark History of the Reincarnated Villainess volume 5
Call of the Night volume 6
Love of Kill volume 7
Frieren volume 3
Devil Ecstasy volume 1 (omnibus)
Death Note: Short Stories
I Want to Be a Wall volume 1
My Dress-Up Darling volumes 1-5
Something's Wrong with Us volumes 7-8
A Galaxy Next Door volume 1
My Next Life as a Villainess: Side Story - Girls Patch

Right pile top to bottom:
I Cannot Reach You volume 4
Can't Stop Cursing You volume 3
A Sister's All You Need volume 12 (LN)
The Girl I Saved on the Train Turned Out to Be My Childhood Friend volume 2 (LN)
Warlords of Sigrdrifa Rusalka (Omnibus, LN)
The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt (Hey, How About Treason?) volume 9 (LN)
Reign of the Seven Spellblades volume 5 (LN)
Sabikui Bisco volume 2 (LN)
I Got a Cheat Skill in Another World and Became Unrivaled in the Real World, Too volume 1 (LN)
Spy Classroom volume 3 (LN)
86 volume 10 (LN)
The Executioner and Her Way of Life volume 4 (LN)
Sword Art Online volume 24 (LN)
Torture Princess volume 8 (LN)
The Tunnel to Summer: The Exit of Goodbyes (Novel)

Some good stuff this month! Happy to finally get my hands on all of My Dress-Up Darling since I've been waiting for ages for it to get reprinted. Lots of new volumes for some of my favourite LN series too! :D
Digital Haul May 2022.jpeg

From left to right top to bottom
The Duke of Death and His Maid volume 1
JK Haru is a Sex Worker in Another World volume 3
Falling, Drowning volume 2
Horimiya volumes 5-7
Girlfriend, Girlfriend volume 5
Loner Life in Another World volume 6
Kaigakubo-kun Stole My First Time volume 1
The Untouchable Midori-kun volume 1
When a Cat Faces West volume 1
Piano Duo for the Left Hand volume 3
Sensei's Pious Lie volume 2
Horimiya volume 4
Super HxEros volume 7
Our Bodies Entwining, Entwined volume 3
The Vampire Won't Give Up! volume 1
Mizuno and Chayama (complete)
7-daime no Tomari (JP, complete)
A Side Character's Love Story volume 10
A Couple of Cuckoos volume 7

Mostly been buying more Horimiya since it keeps turning up in sales or coin back events. A lot of Kodansha digital debuts too, which I have mixed feelings on. I will probably only keep up with Vampire, Cat Faces West and Kaigakubo since Midori-kun wasn't very good compared to the other romance titles coming out atm. Mind you Kaigakubo wasn't anything special either, but I at least want to see a little more of the cast going forward.

Here's May's haul:

Screenshot_20220601-104215.png
Screenshot_20220601-104236.png
Screenshot_20220601-104259.png
Screenshot_20220601-104312.jpg

The one with the Japanese title is Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru (And Yet the Town Keeps Going)

And some physical. Dororo was April, but seems I forgot to even mention it:
1654182469757677224250336439445.jpg
Using Laid-Back Camp to cover a possible spoiler on the front of the Vagabond cover, LOL.

Last edited:
May haul! I got a few pretty random volumes here (like later volumes of series I don't own yet) usually I won't buy volumes of a series I don't even own volume 1 from but it's because I got good deals on them.

284959905_581056876984075_7979347411943241795_n.jpg

Alice in Bishounen-land 2 (Complete)
Toradora 7
Higurashi 1-4 (Anything past 3 is so hard to come by, I picked up 4 as a slightly rough library copy and will just be ordering any other random volumes I can get my hands on for a reasonable price when I see them)
Final Fantasy Lost Stranger 1-4
Skip and Loafer 4
Way of the House Husband 3
I Want to Be A Wall 1
Fire in His Fingertips 3 (Yesss, now I'm up to date on this I just need to make sure I keep pre-ordering the volumes after the trouble I had with the first two)
JK Haru is a Sex Worker in Another World 3
Evergreen 1-4 (Complete)
Blue Morning 3-5 (Waiting for 1 and 2 reprints...)
My Dress Up Darling 5
My Girlfriend is A Geek 3 (First volume of this series, got for £1)
Love and Heart 3-4 (First volumes of this series, got for £1 and £5 respectively new)
The Gods Lie
Black Rose Alice 2, 6
Kamikaze Girls
Mysterious Girlfriend X 5 (Complete - Finally!! This volume was reprinted!)
Kaiji 1

Last edited:
June haul time! A lot of delays this month so I've managed to not amass quite as much as usual, which is probably a good thing for actually getting through some of it... Physical stuff up first!Physical haul June 2022.jpeg
Top to bottom:
Bungo Stray Dogs volume 21
Frieren: Beyond Journey's End volume 4
Call of the Night volume 7
Welcome Back, Alice volume 1
The World's Finest Assassin Gets Reincarnated in Another World as an Aristocrat volume 5 (LN)
Wotakoi volume 6
Monologue Woven for You volume 2
Your Forma volume 1 (LN)
Sword Art Online Progressive volume 8 (LN)

Most happy to have the final volume of Wotakoi and new Bungo Stray Dogs this month. Also looking forward to cracking open Your Forma, but I still have a bunch of stuff from May to read first. Now my digital purchases:
Monthly haul digital June 2022.jpeg
From left to right top to bottom:
Tesla Note volume 5
Burn the House Down volume 1
That's My Atypical Girl volume 5
Koigakubo-kun Stole My First Time volume 2
Kono Hon wo Nusumu Mono wa volume 1 (JP)
A Side Character's Love Story volume 11
A Serenade for Pretend Lovers volume 1
When a Cat Faces West volume 2
I'll Be With Them Again Today volume 3
Piano Duo for the Left Hand volume 4
Koi ni Mudaguchi volume 8 (JP)
Daily Report About My Witch Senapi volume 2 (JP) - I bought Voulme 1 of this in English, but I'm trying to buy less from Seven Seas so I thought I'd just pick it up in Japanese instead.

Life So Happy volumes 2-3 (JP, complete)
Such a Treacherous Piano Sonata volume 1
This Vampire Won't Give Up volume 2
Joy volume 1
The Transcendent One-Sided Love of Yoshida the Catch volume 2

Happy to have another volume of Koi ni Mudaguchi this month as well as Side Character's Love Story and Tesla Note. :D

Wow the final volume of Wotakoi is so small compared to the other past volumes? Nice pickups!
Yeah it’s just a single volume rather than the others which have all been 2 volume omnibus. Personally I wish Kodansha had done singles for all of them since this now looks weird on the shelf. 😅

July haul time~

Physical loot:
July 2022 haul .jpeg

Left pile top to bottom:
I Belong to the Baddest Girl at School volume 4
Snow White with the Red Hair volume 19
My Isekai Life volume 2
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts volume 13
The Apothecary Diaries volume 5
The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest volume 8
The Savior's Book Café Story in Another World volume 3
Studio Apartment, Good Lighting, Angel Included volume 1
Minami Nanami Wants to Shine volume 2
Hi, I'm a Witch, and My Crush Wants Me to Make a Love Potion volume 1
Love of Kill volume 8
Bungo Stray Dogs volume 2
Welcome Back, Alice volume 2
Classmates volume 5
Noragami volume 24

Right pile:
You Like Me, Don't You? So, Wanna Go Out With Me? volume 1 (LN)
I Kissed My Girlfriend's Little Sister?! volume 1 (LN)
There's No Way a Side Character Like Me Could Be Popular, right? volume 3 (LN)
Fullmetal Alchemist full metal edition volume 17
The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! volume 3
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime volume 19
SINoALICE volume 1
Witch's Printing Office volume 6 (complete)
I Think Our Son is Gay volume 3
A Man & His Cat volume 6
Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside volume 6 (LN)
Rascal Does Not Dream of His First Love volume 7 (LN)
The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten volume 3 (LN)
The Shining Sea (Novel)Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World volume 9 (LN)You Call That Service? volume 6 (LN)
Bungo Stray Dogs volume 8 (LN)
Unnamed Memory volume 5 (LN)

This month I'm most happy about my books from Tentai finally showing up (the three on the top right), and more Noragami and Apothecary Diaries coming out! Can't wait to dig into Unnamed Memory and Rascal once I've worked down the backlog a bit too. :)

Digital:
July 2022 digital haul.png
Left to right top to bottom:
Can't Stop Cursing You volume 2
In/Spectre volume 16
Skip and Loafer volume 5
Burn the House Down volume 2
My Love Mix-Up volume 9 (JP, complete)
My Idol Sits the Next Desk Over! volume 1
Polaris wa Kienai volume 1 (JP)
A Serenade for Pretend Lovers volume 2
When a Cat Faces West volume 3 (complete)
Domestic Girlfriend Official Derivative Work (JP, complete)
Those Not-So-Sweet Boys volume 7 (complete)
Hiraeth volume 2
Such a Treacherous Piano Sonata volume 2
Dracula Yakin! volume 1 (JP)
My Wonderful World volume 1
Magic Artisan Dahlia Wilts No MOre volume 2
Super HxEros volume 8
A Couple of Cuckoos volume 8
Am I Actually the Strongest? volume 1
Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie volume 1

Finished a few of my digital titles this month with the final volume of My Love Mix-Up, Those Not So Sweet Boys and When a Cat Faces West turning up (the first two impressed, but When a Cat Faces West was quite forgettable in the end). Nice to have more In/Spectre and Cuckoos at last since Kodansha keep on and off stalling their releases.

I actually have a proper haul to speak of this month so will try to post a nice photo of it here soon! (Will also be including my non-manga comics and a few other books I got for those who are interested) :)

Doesn't seem as much in July. A lot were free as well, either on offer or with my coins:
Screenshot_20220801-195609.png
Screenshot_20220801-195627.png
Screenshot_20220801-195640.png
The only one that look unreadable is Machimaho: I Messed Up and Made the Wrong Person Into a Magical Girl! Vols 1-3.

Here's a full list of all the titles pictured (the throw is a fairtrade one from Oxfam that cost about £40 and makes a lovely light summer blanket):

Black Beauty (unabridged hardcover with illustrations, got this from a charity shop for £1 as I'd wanted to read it for a while and it was a nice edition to get for only a quid even though the dustjacket's not in perfect nick) :)
Blood on the Tracks by Shuzo Oshimi - Volumes 1-9 (GN)
Chester 5000-XYV, Book 2: Isabelle & George by Jess Fink (GN, Hardcover, also have Book 1)
Empowered by Adam Warren - Volumes 1-11 (GN)
Fangs by Sarah Andersen (Hardcover)
Inside Mari by Shuzo Oshimi - Volume 3 (GN, also have Volumes 1-2 & 3-8)
Lore Olympus by Rachel Smythe - Volume 2 (GN, Hardcover, also have Volume 1)
Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes, 75th Anniversary Edition by Edith Hamilton with Illustrations by Jim Tierney (Hardcover)
Same Difference by Derek Kirk Kim (GN, Hardcover)
The Secret Garden by Francis Hodgson Burnett with illustrations by Inga Moore (Hardcover. unabridged) (not brand new dustjacket has some damage but lots of beautiful full-colour illustrations, the hardcover edition is rare and out of print so I'm ok with the less than perfect condition and it was advertised as a secondhand book with a reasonably accurate condition assessment so it's not like I was tricked :) )
Welcome Back, Alice by Shuzo Oshimi - Volumes 1-2 (GN)

https://scontent.flhr2-4.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/296071885_466272488279191_5336710568646055018_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=5IRvAXPV6AgAX9k_i0C&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr2-4.fna&oh=03_AVJATbof031z7Xy8rdbHsQ80hBEaOPnf1QMTZiBT2lgZhw&oe=631176A7

Last edited:
Blood on the Tracks by Shuzo Oshimi - Volumes 1-9 (GN)
Very curious to hear your thoughts on Blood on the Tracks since you got so many volumes! I got volume 1 and the initial animal-related scenes put me off the entire thing (I just found it an unpleasant/cheap way to create discomfort and didn't want to see more of it throughout the series)... I actually never picked the volume up again to finish it and it's one of the few in my collection I've contemplated getting rid of a few times. BUT I actually really liked the concept + I love psychological reads and feel torn about not giving it more of a chance.

Very curious to hear your thoughts on Blood on the Tracks since you got so many volumes! I got volume 1 and the initial animal-related scenes put me off the entire thing (I just found it an unpleasant/cheap way to create discomfort and didn't want to see more of it throughout the series)... I actually never picked the volume up again to finish it and it's one of the few in my collection I've contemplated getting rid of a few times. BUT I actually really liked the concept + I love psychological reads and feel torn about not giving it more of a chance.

I haven't actually read any of it yet as I bought it on the strength of loving Shuzo Oshimi's series The Flowers of Evil and Happiness (both of which I really recommend and don't remember them having disturbing scenes with animals but please someone correct me if they recall different!), so I don't know if we're talking about eating bugs or a puppy getting hurt or what, but FWIW I do think Oshimi puts a lot of thought into his work and I always enjoy his series when I do read them. It's ok if you were put off by that though - like even if I could demonstrate conclusively that his intent was not how you interpreted it you're still allowed to be particularly sensitive to certain things, but I will share my thoughts here for you and anyone else who cares to read them when I have read all the volumes I have (I also just got Volume 10 and have pre-ordered Volume 11 which is coming out in early September). I would also note that the series has been nominated for a very prestigious American comics award for best manga (I think it's a Harvey), if that would sway your opinion on whether it's worth giving it another shot, but ultimately while I am an Oshimi fan I'd emphasise that if it upsets you as much as it sounds like it did you really have no obligation to read or like the series and I hope you make the choice that is best for you rather than thinking you have to continue with it just cuz I like Oshimi's works or it's generally a well regarded critically acclaimed series :) Sorry that I haven't actually got my own opinion on it to offer yet, not having actually read it myself at this stage XP :)

I haven't actually read any of it yet as I bought it on the strength of loving Shuzo Oshimi's series The Flowers of Evil and Happiness (both of which I really recommend and don't remember them having disturbing scenes with animals but please someone correct me if they recall different!), so I don't know if we're talking about eating bugs or a puppy getting hurt or what, but FWIW I do think Oshimi puts a lot of thought into his work and I always enjoy his series when I do read them. It's ok if you were put off by that though - like even if I could demonstrate conclusively that his intent was not how you interpreted it you're still allowed to be particularly sensitive to certain things, but I will share my thoughts here for you and anyone else who cares to read them when I have read all the volumes I have (I also just got Volume 10 and have pre-ordered Volume 11 which is coming out in early September). I would also note that the series has been nominated for a very prestigious American comics award for best manga (I think it's a Harvey), if that would sway your opinion on whether it's worth giving it another shot, but ultimately while I am an Oshimi fan I'd emphasise that if it upsets you as much as it sounds like it did you really have no obligation to read or like the series and I hope you make the choice that is best for you rather than thinking you have to continue with it just cuz I like Oshimi's works or it's generally a well regarded critically acclaimed series :) Sorry that I haven't actually got my own opinion on it to offer yet, not having actually read it myself at this stage XP :)
Thank you, I appreciate it! I don't doubt his work is good which is why I would like to give it a try, Flowers of Evil is definitely one I intend to pick up and I think it also suits my tastes in psychological manga better too. But I wanted to try this one since it sounded pretty different from anything I've seen or read before. I haven't given up on it yet, but would love to hear your thoughts when you've gotten to it!

Oshimi is often compared to Inio Asano because they're two mangaka who aren't afraid to explore darker themes, and not in a grimdark way like a fantasy/action/sci-fi, but in a realistic slice of life (that's gone wrong) way. I can't think of many mangaka that do it as effectively as they do.

I'm behind on posting my hauls, so, I'll be doing a little catch-up... Here's my June/July haul

302127262_440537014709928_5496307249964183461_n.jpg

Blue Period 1
Nyankees 1-3
I, Otaku Struggle in Akihabara 1-2 ("Complete". Sadly all that ever got published... though it looks like they had up to volume 5 up for pre-order at one point. Really sad cause I love the concept/themes and it's such a fun manga!)
Neon Genesis Evangelion Campus Apocalypse 1-3
100% Perfect Girl 2-3
Killing Stalking 1 (Not a manga but I'm including it anyway, very unnerving read but I enjoyed it)
Yakuza Lover 4
Ao Haru Ride 1
I Want To Eat Your Pancreas
I'll Never Be Your Crown Princess 1
Knight of the Ice 1
Springtime by the Window 1
Higurashi 8, 11
Love & Heart 1
Fire in His Fingertips 4
Outbride Beauty & The Beasts 1
... Yes, so many volume 1s, I am addicted to starting new series lol. A lot of these were pre-orders.

Back