UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

I imported both the Japanese Garden of Sinners Standard Edition, which looks like the UK release, and the Limited Edition, the oversized box set with the big 8-disk digipak and book, back in 2015 for about US$230 each, so the £75 price for the UK set seems like a great price to me. 👍
What’s the book like in the big set?
Not really knowing much about the Fate stuff; I simply bought the UK version as a blind buy for around £25 (which seemed reasonable for four ’movies’).
The result is that although I‘ve enjoyed the actual anime; I couldn’t say the set itself is particularly impressive as a card box of four Amarays with essentially a leaflet.
I seem to recall the discs defaulting to all JP settings (audio, subs off), so presumably they were exactly the same as the ones in the JP releases anyway.

Jesus, that's luxurious af wow.

Hey, you gotta copy paste those detailed unboxings on here more often, so good!

Well, whenever anyone asks about a specific title, or sometimes if there is an extended conversation about a specific title in a thread, I usually do try to post up the original photos I took of my sets when I first purchased them, or like above, a link to my post on the 'other' forum that has a full photo spread of the more deluxe sets. Just let me know what you want to see! I've pretty much taken photos of every anime title I've ever purchased, from the very beginning of my anime collecting hobby, so usually I don't have to physically pull it off the shelf to take a new photo.

Oh, and both Japanese GoS sets do have English subtitles.

35% off crunchy titles at rarewaves

35% off crunchy titles at rarewaves
Thanks! Had to snag Golden Kamuy Season 1, since it only had a LE release in the US, which is long OOP.

International shipping was £3.50

Good price for this one and it's new.
It's on offer on Amazon for £35.30 as well.

Last edited:
Why idea who is shipping it? Parcel force had a strike recently and that caused a huge backlog in deliveries, I've got some parcels stuck with them.
I would guess royal mail... But then i had something sent yesterday...standard delivery...came today...does say estimate as passed aswell.... Another chase i guess to get resent

Did anyone order dr stone from zavvi? I had despatch email on 25th....still not arrived.... Jeeeez

Are you referring to the steel book? If so, then my copy was also dispatched on the 25th, haven't received anything yet. I'm not surprised though, with 2 days of royal mail strikes and a bank holiday. Will give Zavvi until next Wednesday before I chase them up about it.

Back