UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

So.. not sure if this has been discussed yet but Black Clover Season 4..

Will they release a complete Season 3 instead of the parts? Seems weird to have done it this way.
Season 4 is only 1 cour hence it being a complete set. I'm sure a complete set of season 3 will arrive just like with the first 2 seasons.

Just wondering do crunchyrolluk have a representative here like mvm and anime limited do, and did manga entertainment have one originally, and if not why not because I would love the opportunity to ask questions.

Just wondering do crunchyrolluk have a representative here like mvm and anime limited do, and did manga entertainment have one originally, and if not why not because I would love the opportunity to ask questions.
Pretty sure Crunchyroll did a culling of their UK ops recently unfortunately.

I threw crunchyroll an email recently and they said they will forward it on. So probably nothing will come of it.

Thank you for your feedback. We do sincerely apologize for any inconveniences and for the delay in response! I just got to your ticket since we are experiencing a higher volume of tickets than normal.

We appreciate you taking the time to send in your suggestions as we are always trying to grow and improve our service.

I have passed your email along to our product development team. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Stay safe and healthy!

Best regards,

Aya
Customer Service Agent

He was the CEO of Manga UK so it was he who sold the company to Funimation.
Can't really fault him for that.
If the Sony goliath comes knocking at your door you either take the money and run or get crushed, because they're getting your market share one way or another so it's better to get paid.
That's just business these days, ask Funimation, Crunchyroll, Madman, Wakanim, and Viz Media Europe🤷‍♂️

E8YW8gBXoAMXelP.jpgits a old chart (regulatory approval approved!) but still good to see how theyve gobbled up the industry in what some might call a type of "monopoly" 🤔
The only question left is is the beast still hungry and whos left if it is...

Can't really fault him for that.
If the Sony goliath comes knocking at your door you either take the money and run or get crushed, because they're getting your market share one way or another so it's better to get paid.
That's just business these days, ask Funimation, Crunchyroll, Madman, Wakanim, and Viz Media Europe🤷‍♂️

View attachment 24686its a old chart (regulatory approval approved!) but still good to see how theyve gobbled up the industry in what some might call a type of "monopoly" 🤔
The only question left is is the beast still hungry and whos left if it is...
I don't blame him, I would have done the same in his shoes.

Though considering how bad they are at supporting this market I would argue Manga would have been ok if they didn't sell lol.

Because, as far as an international operation like Funchymanga is concerned:
Interesting analysis, because I talked to the guy who runs danime at the last mcm comic con and he told me that mvm and manga/funi/crunchyroll aren't coming back and really wanted to know if that's true because why on earth would you not come back to the one place you would get the most physical buisness? So do they just not care about the uk then?

Jerome selling Manga to Funi:

wesley-crying-wesley-snipes.gif

Jerome when someone asks for a shojo release:

eastenders-peggy-mitchell.gif

Interesting analysis, because I talked to the guy who runs danime at the last mcm comic con and he told me that mvm and manga/funi/crunchyroll aren't coming back and really wanted to know if that's true because why on earth would you not come back to the one place you would get the most physical buisness? So do they just not care about the uk then?
I'm sure MVM will be back eventually when they deem it safe to do so. Funiroll don't care no, squadering the UK market is what they do best.

Back