What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

And another Jujutsu Kaisen here as well as my third copy of The Castle of Cagliostro, just need the 4K now.

Jujutsu Kaisen (Part 1) (Collector's Edition) (BD) and Lupin the Third: The Castle of Cagliostro (VHS)

20220526_134154.jpg

My current Lupin VHS collection (UK releases only), just missing The Gold of Babylon, The Pursuit of Harimao's Treasure and The Secret of Twilight Gemini (the latter two are the same as the DVD releases I own put out by MVM)

20220526_134215.jpg

Bad quality picture but here goes anyways. Found out about Finnish store that sells anime figurines and i put it to the test. It would have been bit cheaper to order these from Japan but i can live with the price difference that i paid. awful.jpg

I haven't watched much Yu-Gi-Oh and i haven't seen anything related to the franchise that demon girl is from but i liked designs.

And another Jujutsu Kaisen here as well as my third copy of The Castle of Cagliostro, just need the 4K now.

Jujutsu Kaisen (Part 1) (Collector's Edition) (BD) and Lupin the Third: The Castle of Cagliostro (VHS)

View attachment 24558

My current Lupin VHS collection (UK releases only), just missing The Gold of Babylon, The Pursuit of Harimao's Treasure and The Secret of Twilight Gemini (the latter two are the same as the DVD releases I own put out by MVM)

View attachment 24559
Controversial statement incoming in 5...
Castle of Cagliostro is the best Miyazaki film! 😱

What plastic sleeves are those?
Steelbook protective slipcovers, also obviously great for blu rays with slips. I normally get these from ebay.

I use the Steelbook plastic sleeves that you can reseal for mine - very useful for Discotek releases too and most titles with slips in general.

I use the Steelbook plastic sleeves that you can reseal for mine - very useful for Discotek releases too and most titles with slips in general.
Ah I think I know the ones that are kind of like bags/pouches?
I used to use them but as they're bags there's a crease down the spine whereas these are hard plastic cases which I much prefer.
Obviously they're far more expensive.
£6.50 for 10 as opposed about £7-£8 for a 100 pack of the sleeves.

Controversial statement incoming in 5...
Castle of Cagliostro is the best Miyazaki film! 😱

I wouldn't call it my sole favourite but it is a great movie, and while I appreciate the sweet wide-eyed kid protagonists in most of his films it's nice when he makes one that has a different sort of lead, I also really appreciate Porco Rosso for similar reasons (and Takahata's Only Yesterday). TBH for my part most of my fave Ghibli's are from their pre-digital era, even though I do think Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away are great and Howl's Moving Castle and Ponyo are pretty good, (I also quite liked From Up On Poppy Hill tbf, and I remember The Cat Returns being good but not great, When Marnie Was There was nice I should prob see that again) - I don't watch Ghibli just for the animation/visuals but IDK their older cel animated films are just so enjoyable for me? Something magical about them, though funnily enough I also loved their Ronja the Robber's Daughter TV anime series more than most of their films in the last 10-20 years and while I think it's very well done it's obvious the characters in that are animated using computer-generated/digital methods/assistance. But yeah my fave Ghibli/Miyazaki/Takahata films are (in no particular order just listed them chronologically by release year):

Horus/Hols Prince of the Sun/The Little Norse Prince
Lupin the Third: The Castle of Cagliostro
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Castle in the Sky
My Neighbour Totoro
Kiki's Delivery Service
Only Yesterday
Whisper of the Heart
Princess Mononoke

I also like Pom Poko but not enough to call it a favourite, Grave of the Fireflies is amazing but waaaay too sad for me to consider it a favourite, Ocean Waves I have not seen in a very long time and wish to watch again to reassess to come to an informed conclusion, I'm also tempted to wait and see if it is ever dubbed into English before watching it again, but realistically I probably will buy the sub-only Blu-ray and watch it at some point as realistically I could be waiting forever for that one XP

Honorable/Notable Mentions for Little Prince and the Eight-Headed Dragon, an early Toei feature which Takahata was an assistant director on (loads of cool people worked on that one tbf, it's not only Takahata that made it great), and for Okko's Inn which is not a Ghibli movie but was directed by a major Ghibli alumni and has a similar sort of vibe - I'd recommend it to anyone who thinks as I do, that their more recent work leaves something to be desired but wants a film they haven't seen before with a very Ghibli feel, I thought it was much better than Studio Ponoc's first offering Mary and the Witch's Flower as well!

Also note that I haven't seen any of Miyazaki or Takahata's TV anime series in their entirety (Future Boy Conan, Heidi, Anne of Green Gables, Marco/3000 Leagues in Search of Mother, or Chie the Brat). I would like to though (I have both parts of the upcoming Anime Limited UK release of Future Boy Conan pre-ordered) :)

I wouldn't call it my sole favourite but it is a great movie, and while I appreciate the sweet wide-eyed kid protagonists in most of his films it's nice when he makes one that has a different sort of lead, I also really appreciate Porco Rosso for similar reasons (and Takahata's Only Yesterday). TBH for my part most of my fave Ghibli's are from their pre-digital era, even though I do think Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away are great and Howl's Moving Castle and Ponyo are pretty good, (I also quite liked From Up On Poppy Hill tbf, and I remember The Cat Returns being good but not great, When Marnie Was There was nice I should prob see that again) - I don't watch Ghibli just for the animation/visuals but IDK their older cel animated films are just so enjoyable for me? Something magical about them, though funnily enough I also loved their Ronja the Robber's Daughter TV anime series more than most of their films in the last 10-20 years and while I think it's very well done it's obvious the characters in that are animated using computer-generated/digital methods/assistance. But yeah my fave Ghibli/Miyazaki/Takahata films are (in no particular order just listed them chronologically by release year):

Horus/Hols Prince of the Sun/The Little Norse Prince
Lupin the Third: The Castle of Cagliostro
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Castle in the Sky
My Neighbour Totoro
Kiki's Delivery Service
Only Yesterday
Whisper of the Heart
Princess Mononoke

I also like Pom Poko but not enough to call it a favourite, Grave of the Fireflies is amazing but waaaay too sad for me to consider it a favourite, Ocean Waves I have not seen in a very long time and wish to watch again to reassess to come to an informed conclusion, I'm also tempted to wait and see if it is ever dubbed into English before watching it again, but realistically I probably will buy the sub-only Blu-ray and watch it at some point as realistically I could be waiting forever for that one XP

Honorable/Notable Mentions for Little Prince and the Eight-Headed Dragon, an early Toei feature which Takahata was an assistant director on (loads of cool people worked on that one tbf, it's not only Takahata that made it great), and for Okko's Inn which is not a Ghibli movie but was directed by a major Ghibli alumni and has a similar sort of vibe - I'd recommend it to anyone who thinks as I do, that their more recent work leaves something to be desired but wants a film they haven't seen before with a very Ghibli feel, I thought it was much better than Studio Ponoc's first offering Mary and the Witch's Flower as well!

Also note that I haven't seen any of Miyazaki or Takahata's TV anime series in their entirety (Future Boy Conan, Heidi, Anne of Green Gables, Marco/3000 Leagues in Search of Mother, or Chie the Brat). I would like to though (I have both parts of the upcoming Anime Limited UK release of Future Boy Conan pre-ordered) :)
Yeah, think I 100% agree with your tastes.
I much prefer his more different films.
I'd probably say my top 3 favs are:
Cagliostro > Porco Rosso > Laputa (my 1st ghibli).
Honorable shout out also to From Up On Poppy Hill, it really surprised me when I first saw it how different it was than most other Ghibli films.
(And a great redemption for Goro after the huge expectations placed on him by Earthsea)

Steelbook protective slipcovers, also obviously great for blu rays with slips. I normally get these from ebay.

I use those same semi-hard PET plastic steelbook protectors on all of my anime collection that will fit them, so I've bought probably 600+ of differing sizes.

Here is a very informative thread on box protectors that I created six years ago - Steelbook Central in the UK as well as Retroprotection in the US and buzzandbingosmooncircus on US eBay are featured in there.

Blu-ray/DVD/Steelbook Plastic Box Protectors for your Anime Collection

I need to check the links in my first few posts every so often, as the sites can be updated or redesigned over the years, so if there are any bad links in the thread right now, that is why. I probably haven't checked some of the links for a couple of years.

Last edited:
Ah I think I know the ones that are kind of like bags/pouches?
I used to use them but as they're bags there's a crease down the spine whereas these are hard plastic cases which I much prefer.
Obviously they're far more expensive.
£6.50 for 10 as opposed about £7-£8 for a 100 pack of the sleeves.
Yeah those are the ones. I use their harder boxes for my Doctor Who The Collection boxsets and I have one for my Dawn of the Dead UHD set too. Steelbook Central been my go-to for years now for sleeves and the like.

I use those same semi-hard PET plastic steelbook protectors on all of my anime collection that will fit them, so I've bought probably 600+ of differing sizes.

Here is a very informative thread on box protectors that I created six years ago - Steelbook Central in the UK as well as Retroprotection in the US and buzzandbingosmooncircus on US eBay are featured in there.

Blu-ray/DVD/Steelbook Plastic Box Protectors for your Anime Collection
Thank you! I shall scour that thread haha
I've been trying to figure out which size will fit Eureka's 'chonky' slipcover releases. They're incredibly annoying! I have them in SCF2's at the moment but they're too big for them 🤷‍♂️

Recently arrived:

Millennium Actress Standard Edition Blu-ray (sadly this only features the newer of the two English dubs for this film as well as ofc the Japanese with English subtitles, but I did know that when I bought it, just a shame as I think the older dub is good too, hopefully one day someone will re-release it with both English dubs and the sub) :)
Staedtler Karat Aquarell 60 Watercolour Pencils Tin Set
Caran D'ache Neocolour 1 10 Metallic Wax Pastels Tin
Akira Standard Edition Blu-ray (the newer release with both Streamline and Pioneer English dubs and the sub rather than just the Pioneer dub and the sub)
Irregular Choice "Autumn Leaves" Pastel Purple/Lilac and Pink Shoes (EU Shoe Size 42)
Jujutsu Kaisen Season 1 Part 1 Collector's Edition Blu-ray Set with OST CD
Paul Rubens "Opera" Set of 14 Neon Colour Watercolour Tubes in Presentation Box

Will try to post some photos later maybe :)

Last edited:
Yeah those are the ones. I use their harder boxes for my Doctor Who The Collection boxsets and I have one for my Dawn of the Dead UHD set too. Steelbook Central been my go-to for years now for sleeves and the like.
are any of their boxes any use for the AL gundam stuff?

Back