UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

It's most likely going to be the same as the Sentai release - 3 discs, artbox, 176 page book and 6 artcards, but minus fabric poster. Should be confirmed tomorrow.

Thanks for the info. Didn't know the artbook was that big. It's a shame about the fabric poster though, would definitely have pre-ordered this release if you could have included it.

Definitely going to import the UK set over getting Sentai's set here in the US - I don't need or want a fabric poster of any kind, and the price is much better for the UK release. If Sentai's thinks they can port over their insane Steelbook pricing to their LE boxsets - no thanks. 👎

I pre-ordered that Vinland Saga the moment I saw it advertised... which was about two minutes ago. :)

Like some people have mentioned, MVM collector sets are basically the same as Sentai's releases, just without any of the chintzy/novelty extras (coins, toys, wall clothes etc), and with slightly cheaper material quality. For example, their release of Flip Flappers didn't have the metallic lenticular finish on the box, while the art book was paperback instead of hardback. However, those are generally small sacrifices, given the difference in prices & the risks involved in international shipping, so unless you really, really want the very best perceived product, the UK sets are usually the best option.

£54 is pretty much a spot on value for the entire season, even without all the collector extras. It's certainly a lot more reasonable that many of AL's collector preorders of late. Hopefully MVM can continue to keep the prices down as much as possible

We've got a few previous releases that were DVD only and long out of print that we're planning to re-release on Blu-Ray later in the year with the possibility of also doing them as Collector's Edition releases, as well as a few new licenses!
Oreimo 👀

Back