UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I bought most every Collector's Edition I wanted during the Christmas sale, so I really only needed a couple of Pre-orders. I ordered, for a total of £109.07 after VAT removal and 15% Off code:

Future Boy Conan Part 1 - 4K UHD + Blu-ray Collector's Edition
In/Spectre Season 1 Collector's Edition Blu-ray
Black Lagoon - Complete Series Blu-ray Limited Edition

I already have the Black Lagoon LE, but the chipboard box was damaged in two places during shipping to the US, so I re-ordered another copy, we'll try again...

And I'm also one who totally enjoyed Future Diary, especially with the alternate ending episode - I don't even know if that was included in the UK CE release or not, as mine is still sealed because I've watched my US releases multiple times over the years. Gotta love my crazy waifu chicks, and there's two of them in Future Diary - Both Yuno and Minene, baby!! 😍

Last edited:
That is two for trainwreck then. I'll skip.
I'm with WMD, I really liked Future Diary too, and I've regretted listening to negative opinions of other shows on here before that I absolutely loved once I actually tried them for myself.

I can't see Future Diary selling out particularly soon, but I would strongly recommend checking up other reviews online rather than relying on opinions here (even my own ;P ).

I have not seen all of Future Diary but I've seen the first quarter of it or so (the first 7 episodes) and I loved them and they convinced me to buy the Blu-ray CE that you're mulling over @Vincentdante, I loved it! It's fun and crazy and chaotic, depends on your tastes I suppose (the only reason I haven't watched my copy yet is cuz I get a bit funny about watching shows like that with the curtains open I'm a bit paranoid in case someone gets the wrong end of the stick and is like "arrest her she's watching unspeakable filth!" That's not something I'm really looking to discuss in greater depth here - at the very least I don't wish to derail the thread with it - I'm just explaining why I haven't watched it yet so you understand that it's not because I don't think I'd enjoy it) :)

6c843m.jpg

Let it be known that if I could have found a meme generator to change the label text on a picture of a jar of marmite using the same font I totally would have made a "Future Diary = possibly a lil bit like marmite" meme :p (cue jokes from fellow forumites "WTF are you talking about for one thing it's not set at a catholic girls' school full of wholesome lesbians" "No you're thinking of Mauritius").

Ah man I had written it off and now I return to this debate lol.

At least your icon looks prob the way you feel rn "I'll tell you when I've had enough!" "No, don't do it @Vincentdante, don't buy any more animus!" "but they're so shinyyy" cries into bottle (I'd joke that I've had more than enough to drink but I must regrettably inform you all that this is what I'm like sober) :p

At least your icon looks prob the way you feel rn "I'll tell you when I've had enough!" "No, don't do it @Vincentdante, don't buy any more animus!" "but they're so shinyyy" cries into bottle (I'd joke that I've had more than enough to drink but I must regrettably inform you all that this is what I'm like sober) :p
Drunk Abi makes me proud. Or rather it's such a funny picture to me that I couldn't help it.

Are the demon slayer standard disks the same as the CE it says 2 disks vs 3
The back cover pictures on this ebay listing say 2 discs

The standard edition probably uses the Madman discs. Think this also happened with one of the SAO titles. Picture quality of the Madman release is in some way better than the CE, but also worse. There's also a mixing error in the Japanese track of the final episode; one of the channels has a lower volume (forgot if it was left or right)

Apologises if is mentioned elsewhere, but with the easter sale, is that all the items that will be on sale?

Or will there be any more items, like new pre-orders etc, during the sale?

I don't want to use my 15% off code if there could be more added afterwards.

Apologises if is mentioned elsewhere, but with the easter sale, is that all the items that will be on sale?

Or will there be any more items, like new pre-orders etc, during the sale?

I don't want to use my 15% off code if there could be more added afterwards.
My understanding, according to what was said on Discord, is this is it in terms of items on sale. No further additions.

Do we konw whats in the BoXs ?
Not until someone who bought one gets them delivered. That was a problem with the mystery boxes at Christmas, after AL sent some out right at the start of the sale so people knew what was in them while they were still available to buy. Not much of a mystery in the end. At least with the sale only lasting a couple of days people will have to take a chance that it'll be worthwhile (I may crack if they're still available by, say, Thursday).

Not until someone who bought one gets them delivered. That was a problem with the mystery boxes at Christmas, after AL sent some out right at the start of the sale so people knew what was in them while they were still available to buy. Not much of a mystery in the end. At least with the sale only lasting a couple of days people will have to take a chance that it'll be worthwhile (I may crack if they're still available by, say, Thursday).

i mean often Times People Were Able to Deduce Whats in them .... i wasnt sure if we dont have a list due to timing or We just dont know ....

They're a bit different to the usual boxes this time, apparently, with one dedicated to "classic" anime and the other on top must-have directors. Also, they seem to be aimed at new entrants to anime collecting (I could be reading too much into their words here).

The back cover pictures on this ebay listing say 2 discs

The standard edition probably uses the Madman discs. Think this also happened with one of the SAO titles. Picture quality of the Madman release is in some way better than the CE, but also worse. There's also a mixing error in the Japanese track of the final episode; one of the channels has a lower volume (forgot if it was left or right)
Yeah seems like it, the funimation disks are 3 disks too, for the price of £20 for the lot hopefully it’s worth it
Is the mixing issue noticeable?

Last edited:
Back