UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

I received Dororo late last week, blind buy for me but started watching over the weekend already and quite liking it, glade I pre-ordered.

Any, just posting to say that it has a reversible cover without the age rating on it, just like Aria did.

Although I would prefer alternative reversible covers, I really hope they keep doing this for titles that don't have alternative artwork available to them

I received Dororo late last week, blind buy for me but started watching over the weekend already and quite liking it, glade I pre-ordered.

Any, just posting to say that it has a reversible cover without the age rating on it, just like Aria did.

Although I would prefer alternative reversible covers, I really hope they keep doing this for titles that don't have alternative artwork available to them
Just received my copy today, I paid the customs fee on December 23rd. An Post have really been awful since the new customs regulations in July

Just received my copy today, I paid the customs fee on December 23rd. An Post have really been awful since the new customs regulations in July
Huh, I didn't actually think to mention it, but Dororo is the first thing I've received from the UK since July that actually slipped through without incurring VAT, my copy didn't actually ship from MVM until 6th of Jan though.

An Post have definitely slowed a bit, I've yet to see a delay as bad as you describe though, usually 2 or 3 days for me whereas in the past it'd reliably be delivered the day after it arrived in the country, yours must've been mislaid somewhere along the way?

Huh, I didn't actually think to mention it, but Dororo is the first thing I've received from the UK since July that actually slipped through without incurring VAT, my copy didn't actually ship from MVM until 6th of Jan though.

An Post have definitely slowed a bit, I've yet to see a delay as bad as you describe though, usually 2 or 3 days for me whereas in the past it'd reliably be delivered the day after it arrived in the country, yours must've been mislaid somewhere along the way?
Stuck in the master in pile of pre Christmas parcels. They don't prioritize the delivery of delayed parcels.

Is Rosario + Vampire still on hold from MVM/Anime on-line?, mine just still hasn't dispatched yet.
I swear I saw someone recently post up pic's in the photo's thread and even said it was from AoL.
EDIT: had a quick look through the photo's thread and this post from the 12th Jan by Dragon Slayer does have it. So anyone else still waiting for dispatch or just me?

Do we know what the hold up was/ is for. The only thing i've found was:
This has been nothing but a nightmare to do for us. Stock got shipped before it should have, which is why Amazon have stock (though technically they shouldn't be selling it as we did state for it to be put on hold). We're just waiting on one little thing to get finalised and it's just taking forever to get a reply back.
and that was back on the 9th Dec.
Was almost hoping the minor thing was they were re-printing the covers to be double sided. But I doubt it and it's probably just random we needed to confirm something.

Last edited:
Is Rosario + Vampire still on hold from MVM/Anime on-line?, mine just still hasn't dispatched yet.
Seems it, the page just says TBC January. It's gotta be something small (like the cover as you say) as I've had the review discs since the 9th June 2021 (hence why I've never bought it) and everything looked finalised on the discs. Frustrating for everyone either way and full sympathies to the MVM folks trying to get this sorted.

Not on my end, my MVM purchase went through just fine about 15 mins back. But it was via PayPal so I don't know if that the differnce.
Did double ask for my password (via PayPal) so maybe added extra levels of security.

May just need to wait a bit and try again.

EDIT: Looks like its to do with World Pay that is the problem at the moment at least, as RonJB has/had the same problem:

Last edited:
Oh bugger I got the same error message. I don't use paypal so that was my only choice.

I'll DM MVM on twitter, see what they say. I wouldn't mind nabbing that CE.

Edit: They got back to me and told me this
"Please try emptying the basket, logging out, clearing cookies and cache for the site and log back in. Also ensure to only click the payment button once and wait for the site to refresh. This should fix the issue."

This fix worked for me! Verification and all.

Last edited:
dreams of a local Release the Spyce release die everytime they announce something else
Don't get yourself overly excited.
Princess Principal is better.
If you really need something new to you along these lines then hunt down Totally Spies.
It is the best girls at school/university who are also spies/secret agents around.

Don't tell anyone that I used to watch it when it was on the kids channel POP.

Don't get yourself overly excited.
Princess Principal is better.
If you really need something new to you along these lines then hunt down Totally Spies.
It is the best girls at school/university who are also spies/secret agents around.

Don't tell anyone that I used to watch it when it was on the kids channel POP.
next time it's on DOTW with the CE, ping me and we'll see about that lol

next time it's on DOTW with the CE, ping me and we'll see about that lol
I was in HMV looking at Princess Principal CE and was going to buy when I thought
"I'll check Anime on Line"

It was the DOTW. Saved about £40.
So it is bound to come back round and be the deal again. That was at least a couple of years ago, I think.
Over the last few months there have been several DOTW titles that I know I bought in the past as a DOTW.

Glad to see Season 3 is coming, now where is the rest of Aria???
Pretty sure Rabbit was announced with all three seasons so it makes sense they'd come out faster. They only ever announced the one season of Aria and judging from their last update in November it seems they've been looking into licensing the rest. Just hoping Nozomi doesn't do an Aniplex and ignore their emails lol.

Also I recommend including a website link and details alongside the Twitter embed as it doesn't seem to show up for some people on the forum.

Back