What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I unexpectedly received my Penguindrum Collector's Edition in the mail yesterday, officially making this my final anime Blu-ray of 2021:

penguindrumukce.jpg

First pick ups of 2022. Traded in a couple games at CeX and used the £43 to fund these.

Been thinking about getting into buying Gundam but don't think I'll bother with trying to track down OOP Collectors Editions. Think my new anime mantra will be "buy as much as you can for as little as you can" so i think standard editions will be my mandate outside of sales, early birds etc. Heard good things about 00 and it was pretty damn cheap so thought I'd start here rather than say Gundam Wing which i watched in my youth.

IMG_20220102_170850182.jpg

Gonna try and get all of AoT and rewatch before watching the final part via crunchyroll later this year.

Today I finally received my first order from the AlltheAnime 12 Days Sale, which I had placed on 1 December, the first day of the sale. These are the first anime I received in 2022:

Revolutionary Girl Utena: Part 1 Collectors Edition
Revolutionary Girl Utena: Part 2 Collectors Edition
Revolutionary Girl Utena: Part 3 Collectors Edition
Tokyo ESP Collector's Edition
Ride Your Wave Collector's Edition
Sound! Euphonium Season 1

3utenaukce.jpg

waveespsound.jpg

Today I finally received my first order from the AlltheAnime 12 Days Sale, which I had placed on 1 December, the first day of the sale. These are the first anime I received in 2022:

Revolutionary Girl Utena: Part 1 Collectors Edition
Revolutionary Girl Utena: Part 2 Collectors Edition
Revolutionary Girl Utena: Part 3 Collectors Edition

3utenaukce.jpg

Surprised you went for the Utena sets given I assume you had Nozomi's release, and the fact you can't get the storage box with the UK ones anymore

Surprised you went for the Utena sets given I assume you had Nozomi's release, and the fact you can't get the storage box with the UK ones anymore

Well I got the UK sets just for the nice CE packaging, and because they were on sale cheap. I do have the 3 Nozomi DVD box sets, and I just recently bought the US standard releases on sale so I can frankenstein the Blu-rays into the DVD sets; but for some reason I decided not to buy either the US or UK Collector's Edition Blu-ray Box sets when they were available. I now somewhat regret not getting at least one or the other with the storage box. But, I think the UK CE sets are really nice looking even without the storage box, as are the Nozomi DVD box sets:

utenaset1.jpg

j

Last edited:
First anime purchase of 2022 is the quite rare AL Samurai Flamenco CE with the booklet.

I'm aware that AL recently released the complete collection boxset of it, but there's sets look nicer overall.

I have more orders coming from AL and Funi US.
View attachment 22559

I've still got part 1 but offloaded part 2 years back. I should try and track it down again and rewatch the series, really enjoyed it (or so my memory tells me)

Damn, totally forgot these were on the way. Nice surprise!

Rest in peace Miura, goddamn legend. Last Berserk volume, at least done by him.

20220103_133951.jpg

20220103_133839.jpg

No More Heroes III CE. The artbook is 150ish pages, with stuff from all over the series, so there's a bit of overlap between this one and the one that came with the Travis Strikes Back CE which I also have. Still, from page 80 to the end its all about III so that's almost half the book. 0270/2500

20220103_134231.jpg

Back